What causes Epson printer error state?
Before going through our troubleshooting guide, you must find the exact cause behind the Epson error.
Here are the reasons behind the Epson printer in an error state.
- Sometimes, there is an issue with the cables of your printer. Please check the main cable responsible for giving the power to your printer. For example, if your Epson printer is not getting enough power supply, it would break down.
- Your printer and PC are often unable to develop a good connection, and lack of association might cause different problems while you work with your printer.
- You might know that flawed printer drivers or outdated ones can cause your printer to err at any time. Therefore, we advise you to have the latest drivers.
- Lastly, if you have not installed the printer software correctly, your printer may not want to work for you efficiently. Therefore, it concludes that the installation of proper printer software is a crucial part!
How to fix Epson printer in error state?
Here are the steps to fix the Epson printer in an error state.
1. Check power connections
First and foremost, you have to check all the power connections. Please ensure that you have correctly connected the primary cable from the main power source to the printer. Besides, you also have to make the cable of the printer properly connected to your PC.
However, if you are sure that all the connections are proper, look for the cables’ dust. For example, you may want to clean all the cables and wires of your printer and PC.
Moreover, you should also check the hardware. For example, you have to ensure that all the wireless connections are functional in a wireless printer.
However, if you own a network printer, you might need to contact the administrator of your printer, who can make sure the proper insertion of all the wires and cables.
If you have tried all the essential factors mentioned above, and they fail to entertain you, then you may need to follow the other steps as discussed later.
2. Reinstall/update your printer drivers
As mentioned earlier, outdated printer drivers are responsible for causing different errors on your printers. Therefore, we advise you to consider updating the latest printer drivers on your system to avoid any possible errors.
All you have to do is to uninstall the drivers you already possess and reinstall them. Besides, when you buy a printer, it comes with a disc that contains printer drivers. You can also use this disc to install the latest drivers on your PC.
Sometimes, reinstalling might not work. Therefore, you can opt for updating your printer drivers. First, you have to move to the official Epson’s website and look for the latest printer drivers. Then, search for your printer model and download the correct file for your operating system.
3. Windows troubleshooting
If the steps mentioned above do not help you fix the error, you can try windows troubleshooting, which is probably the last measure for settling the Epson printer’s error state.
Firstly, you have to move to the ‘devices and printers‘ and look for the printer connected to your PC.
Make a right-click on your printer model icon on your PC and then select ‘troubleshoot.’ Once the troubleshoot starts running, it will fetch different possible solutions for the error. Moreover, windows troubleshooting does not constitute a reliable fix, but you can opt for it if nothing else works for you!
4. If everything else fails
The fixes mentioned above should help you out with eliminating the Epson printer’s error state. If not so, you can visit the official Epson’s website and find the nearest customer care center. Hopefully, customer centers will help you out!
- How to fix Epson printer not printing black
- How to fix Epson printer printing blank pages
- How to fix Epson printer error code 0xf1
- How to fix Epson printer error code 0x97
- How to fix a communication error on Epson printer
- How to fix Epson XP400 not printing error
Indeed, Epson printers ensure one of the best printing performances worldwide. Unfortunately, however, they tend to come up with a few bugs time after time. The good news is that these minor problems are always easy to fix. In this guide, we have tried our best to sum up the causes and solutions for your Epson printer’s error state. We hope it will assist you in getting rid of the frustrating error!