No matter how much perfect a machine is, it always tends to break down or err at any time. Ever since the printers launched, printing activities became easier than ever. Besides, these printers save a lot of time for many people. If you are a regular printer user, you may know several printers in the market, their pros and cons, and everything you need to know!
However, Epson printers are ruling the printing industry nowadays due to their exceptional features and great services. But, it would help if you kept in mind that technology always comes with both good and bad traits, so do Epson printers. However, these printers do not produce huge errors, minor glitches. One such issue is the printing of blank pages.
Before we move onto the fixes of the relevant problem, this guide will brief you about why exactly Epson printers cause this issue.
Why is my printer printing blank pages?
There are several reasons that we assume to be responsible for printing blank pages. Undoubtedly, it is annoying and frustrating if you encounter your printer printing blank pages since it costs you precious time.
Well, here we are listing down some probable causes of the relevant issue;
- If your printer possesses clogged nozzles, that might result in printing blank pages.
- Empty ink cartridges can also make your printer print blank pages abruptly.
- Sometimes, your printer does not appreciate the incorrect paper size and results in printing blank pages.
- If the printer’s software starts to malfunction due to unknown reasons, it might be relevant.
- If your printer has got improperly installed printer drivers, you might encounter the issue.
- Cartridge installation issues may also result in printing blank pages.
There are other minor causes that a user might not be able to appreciate. Therefore before we talk about the fixes of the problem, please make sure that you check a few important things, which we will discuss later in the article.
Troubleshoot your Epson printer
Troubleshooting your Epson printer consists of a few essential measures that you must remember not to have to encounter big issues while enjoying your printing activities.
Please read carefully and ensure that you follow the below-mentioned techniques well;
- Firstly, your printer always needs a flat surface that is also stable not to face any printing issues.
- When you install the ink cartridges, please make sure that you must remove the yellow tape on them.
- It would be best if you check the printer settings, like layout settings and paper sizes. Because as mentioned earlier, sometimes incorrect paper size may lead to printing blank pages.
- If you believe that your printer’s ink cartridges are getting old, please make sure that you remove them right away.
- You must read your printer’s specifications when you buy one, and it always talks about the specific type of papers it supports.
- Also, please check that your document does not contain any blank page, as it might result in printing errors.
Do you know that you can choose the ‘skip blank page’ option on your printer software? Well, now you know that you can! If you are printing from Window or Mac, please make sure you follow the steps as under sequentially and carefully;
For windows 10
- First and foremost, you have to press the Windows key and select the ‘settings’ option.
- Next, you need to select the ‘devices’ option.
- Please make sure that you make the next click on ‘printers and scanners.’
- A list will appear on your screen, where you will choose your printer. Then select ‘manage’ and then ‘printing preferences.’
- Next, you need to open the ‘maintenance’ tab and then press ‘extended settings.’
- Now you will select the ‘skip blank page’ option on your screen.
- Please do not forget to press ‘ok’ to save your settings.
- Begin with viewing the Apple menu and select ‘system preferences’ to open it.
- Next, you have to choose anyone; ‘print and scan,’ ‘print and fax’, or ‘printers and scanners.’
- Before selecting the ‘options and supplies,’ please make sure that you choose your product.
- Next, navigate to the ‘drivers or options’ settings.
- Next you will have toggle the ‘skip blank page’ to turn it on and then click ‘ok’ to save your settings.
How to fix Epson printer printing blank pages?
As mentioned earlier, though the Epson printer provides the users with the best services, yet it tends to err sometimes. We assume the easy and quick fixes for Epson printer printing blank pages will help you eliminate the issue right away;
1. Skip blank page method
The ‘skip blank page’ method is the one we have already discussed earlier in the article for both Windows 10 and Macintosh. Please make sure you follow those mentioned steps sequentially and carefully to avoid the printing blank pages problem on your Epson printer.
2. Clean your printer nozzles
To clean these nozzles, please follow the steps;
- There is a ‘home button’ present on your Epson printer. Press it and select the ‘setup’ option.
- Next, you must navigate to the ‘maintenance’ option and then select ‘check printhead nozzle.’
- You will see your printer checking by printing any document installed.
- If you see any blank pages or lines, it would be best to select the ‘clean printhead’ option to eliminate the problem.
3. Check printer’s clogged nozzles
The clogged nozzles of your printer may result in the printer printing blank pages. To check for the printer’s clogged nozzles, make sure that you keep these two important things in mind, mentioned below;
- Your printer might have a low level of the ink cartridge. You can check whether it is true or not by replacing the ink cartridge with a new one. See if the issues resolved!
- There is a yellow protective tape on the ink cartridge. Make sure you remove it before installation.
4. Update your printer drivers
An old version of your printer driver might result in your Epson printer printing blank pages; therefore, you need to make sure that you keep the printer drivers updated so that no issues show up!
- To update your printer drivers, please visit the official website of Epson printers and look for the model you are using at the moment.
- When you see your model, find the printer drivers and download the latest version.
- After downloading and installing the latest version for your printer drivers, please check if the issue persists or not.
5. Run a troubleshoot for the printer
Sometimes, running troubleshoot on your device resolves several issues. You can assume that running a troubleshoot is not necessarily only work for determining the printing blank pages problem, but any other error as well;
- Navigate to the ‘settings’ section on the device and select the ‘update and security’ option.
- Next, you will the ‘troubleshoot’ option. Please make sure you select it. Then click ‘printer’ on the right side of the screen.
- After running the troubleshoot, please check if the issue resolves or not.
6. Restart your printer
To restart your printer, please follow the steps as under;
- There is a power button on your printer; press it, and please wait and let it shut down completely.
- Next, you need to unplug the cable from the primary source and please wait for 3-4 minutes.
- Next, plug in the cable to the main switch, turn the printer on and see if it is still printing blank pages.
7. Check the ink level of your printer
Checking the ink levels of your printer might resolve the annoying error. However, the ‘low’ ink levels don’t need to be always the culprits. Please continue reading to find out more;
- Firstly, check the ink levels of your printer’s ink cartridge. If you find it low/not enough, please refill it right away.
- Secondly, if the cartridge is empty, make sure you replace it with a new one.
- Thirdly, sometimes even the newly installed ink cartridge does not work efficiently. In this case, make sure that you remove its protective tape and check if the issues resolved!
8. Update the firmware for your printer
You can update the firmware for your Epson printer and see if the issue persists. You can upgrade the firmware from the software installed on your Windows or directly from Epson’s official website.
However, if you do not possess the Epson software on your Windows, follow the steps as under to get it done from the official website;
- You need to visit the official website of Epson, where you can find your printer model and download the latest version of the firmware.
- Next, you need to click on the checkbox button.
- Then, make click on the ‘install’ option.
- You will see a list of instructions on your screen; please make sure you follow these properly to upgrade your firmware.
- Once you have followed the steps sequentially and carefully, please click on ‘finish.’
- How to Fix Epson Error Code 0x97
- Why Is My Epson Printer Not Printing Black
- How to Fix Epson Printer in Error State
- How to Make Epson Printer Print Without Black Ink
- How to Fix Epson Printer Error Code 0xf1
- How to Fix a Communication Error on Epson Printer
- How to Bypass Ink Cartridge on Epson Printer?
If your Epson printers come up with different issues time after time, it does not necessarily mean that you need to change your printer because almost every printer can break down at any time. Several people complain about facing the printing blank pages issues on their Epson printer.
Therefore, in this article, we have tried our best to give you solutions to eliminating the printing blank pages issue. We hope it will prove helpful!