Why does my Epson printer show communication errors?
You should find the basic problem causing the communication error and then go through our troubleshooting guide.
1. Loose cable connections
Lose cable connections cause your printer to show up with communication errors. Therefore, you might want to check if you have correctly connected one end of the cable with the Epson printer while the other has your PC. Besides, you should also check the main power cord.
2. Outdated USB cables
As per reports, there are times when users try to make a connection between their Epson printers and PCs using outdated interface USB cables. However, if you are also doing the same mistake, you must know there are high chances that you would come across a communication error.
3. Incorrect setup between PC and Epson printer
Sometimes users do not know how to set up the connection between their computers and Epson printers and miss essential things during the setup procedure. To avoid such mistakes, we suggest you set up your printer with the computer following the instructions that usually come with the Epson printers.
4. Network issues
If you own a wireless Epson printer, you might suffer from communication errors on your device. The primary reason behind the problem is the network connectivity problems that usually occur with wireless Epson printers since they are a little more complicated than wired ones.
5. Outdated printer drivers
Outdated printer driver may cause the communication error between their printers and computers, resulting in multiple errors. For example, if you possess outdated printer drivers, your printer would not show up with communication errors, but any other possible error as well.
How to fix a communication error on Epson printer?
Here’s how to fix a communication error on the Epson printer.
1. Begin with rebooting the entire system
First and foremost, before moving onto the fixes that involve your printer directly, you can begin with rebooting your laptop or computer system.
- You need to turn off your computer and take out all the USB cables connecting the computer with the main power source or the printer.
- Next, you have to wait for a few minutes until you turn on your PC again and then connect it with your printer. Now you can check if this method resolves the issue for you.
2. Evaluate your Wi-Fi connections
- You need to make sure that your Wi-Fi connection is excellent. To check this, you have to navigate the Epson printer’s control panel and command it to print the configuration page to confirm the IP address.
- You might come across a statement ‘duplicate IP address.’ If this is the case, you would need to get it updated.
- Next, you need to revisit the control panel and look for the ‘troubleshooting‘ option. Please make sure that you click on it. Next, you would need to click on the ‘network problems‘ option.
- Next, you would have to navigate to the ‘network diagnostics‘ from your PC and Epson printer settings.
- Once you have run the network diagnostic test, you know the exact status of the wi-fi connection of your printer.
3. Get the latest printer drivers
- Before you move onto installing the latest printer drivers, you must get rid of the outdated ones. Reinstalling the printer drivers is relatively easy. All you need to do is click open the ‘start‘ window of your PC and then tap on the ‘settings‘ icon on your screen, which resembles a gear.
- Next, a window pops up showing the ‘windows settings‘ of your PC. Here, you will see the ‘printers and drivers‘ option, and please click on it. Next, you need to look for your Epson printer, among many other options.
- Make a right-click on the ‘epson printer‘ and select ‘properties.’ Next, make a click on the driver’s tab to uninstall the drivers.
- Now, move to the official website of Epson printers and download the latest printer drivers for your printer model after clicking on the ‘support‘ tab.
- To install the new drivers, please follow the instructions carefully showing up on your computer’s screen.
4. Troubleshoot your Epson printer
- Firstly, open the ‘start menu‘ of your PC and tap on the ‘settings‘ icon, which looks like a gear, as mentioned earlier.
- You will see the ‘windows settings‘ of your PC on your screen.
- Next, you have to type in ‘troubleshooting‘ in the search bar to have it on your screen.
- Please click on the ‘epson printer troubleshooter‘ option.
- Next, you need to move on to the hardware and sound section, choosing the ‘use a printer‘ option.
- Lastly, you have to choose your Epson printer model and troubleshoot to resolve the communication error.
5. Try resetting your Epson printer
If all the fixes mentioned above fail to work for you, you can try resetting your Epson printer if you ever encounter an error where your printer tells you ‘printer is paused,’ or any similar error. All you need to do is to download the ‘resetter’ and run the downloaded file. Once you have downloaded the relevant file, you need to press the ‘reset’ button on your Epson printer.
- How to fix Epson printer not printing black
- How to fix Epson printer printing blank pages
- How to fix Epson printer in error state
- How to fix Epson printer error code 0xf1
- How to fix Epson printer error code 0x97
- How to fix Epson XP400 not printing error
Undoubtedly, the communication errors on your Epson printer cost you precious time and work loss. However, these errors do not give you a tough time when you try to resolve them. In this article, we have tried our best to summarize the possible reasons for the Epson printer’s communication errors and how to get them fixed quickly without knowing any rocket science.
Hopefully, it will prove helpful!