How to Put Skullcandy Indy Evo in Pairing Mode?
After charging the Indy Evo earbuds, you must take them out of the charging case to automatically put them in pairing mode. If the earbuds were previously paired with another device, make sure to remove/forget them from the previous device and reset the earbuds. Only then can you complete pairing Skullcandy Indy Evo with a new device.
Here are the detailed steps to put Skullcandy Indy Evo in pairing mode;
- Put the earbuds in the case and see if the red LED light flash on both earbuds. If not, it means they are not charging.
- Once the earbuds are charged, remove them from the case to place them in pairing mode automatically.
- Now open the device (phone, laptop, or computer) and go to the Bluetooth
- Select your Indy Evo earbuds from the pairing list and hit ‘Pair’.
- The blue LED light will flash once they are successfully paired.
Fact: You can listen up to 10 meters/30 feet away from the device.
How to Reset Skullcandy Indy Evo Earbuds?
You must reset the earbuds if you want to unpair them and pair them with a new device. Resetting the Indy Evo also resolves any glitches and bugs. Thus, making the pairing process easy.
Also, if you get audio from only one earbud and the other doesn’t work, always reset the earbuds.
Here’s how to reset the Skullcandy Indy Evo earbuds;
- Begin by unpairing the earbuds from previous devices by clicking on the ‘Remove/forget’ option in the Bluetooth settings.
- Turn off the device’s Bluetooth.
- Now remove the earbuds from the case and press both buttons on the back of the earbuds for 6 seconds to turn them off.
- Next, press both buttons for 10 seconds to reset them.
- Put the Indy Evo back in the charging case and wait for the red LED light.
- Remove the earbuds from the case to put them in pairing mode. A blue LED light will flash when they are synced together.
- The left earbud will flash blue and red lights that indicate they are searching for a pairing device.
- Now turn on Bluetooth on your phone/laptop and pair them with your Indy Evo earbuds.
- The voice will say ‘Connected’, and you will notice Indy Evo twice on the pairing list once the pairing is successful.
Remember, the earbuds will last 6 hours if you use them continuously and 24 hours if placed in the case. So, charge them accordingly.
How to Connect Skullcandy Indy to Laptop?
You can pair the Indy Evo with;
- Windows & Mac
- Android & iPhone devices.
Connect Skullcandy Indy Evo Earbuds with Mac?
Here are the steps to pair Skullcandy Indy Evo earbuds with Mac;
- Charge your earbuds, unpair them with the previous device, reset them, and place them in the case.
- Remove the Indy Evo earbuds from the charging case to enable the pairing mode.
- Turn on your Mac device and click on the Apple
- Select ‘System Preferences’ and ‘Bluetooth’ to turn it on.
- Now select the Skullcandy Indy Evo earbuds from the pairing list and hit ‘Connect’.
Connect Skullcandy Indy Evo Earbuds with Windows?
Here’s how to pair the Skullcandy Indy Evo earbuds with Windows;
- After unpairing and resetting the earbuds, remove them from the case and turn on the Windows device.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button and select ‘Settings’.
- Now go to Bluetooth and turn it on.
- Select the Skullcandy Indy Evo from the ‘Other Devices’
- Finally, click ‘Connect’ to complete the Skullcandy Indy Evo pairing process.
Connect Indy Evo with iPhone?
Following are the steps to pair Skullcandy Indy Evo with iPhone;
- Unpair, reset and turn on the pairing mode by removing the earbuds from the case.
- Search for ‘Settings’ and turn on the Bluetooth on the iPhone.
- Choose the Indy Evo from the device list.
- Finally, select ‘Connect’.
Connect Skullcandy Indy Evo with Android?
Below are the steps to pair Skullcandy Indy Evo with Android;
- Begin by fully charging your earbuds, unpairing them, resetting them, and putting them in pairing mode by taking them out of the case.
- Select Settings and turn on the Bluetooth on your Android device.
- Choose the Skullcandy model you own from the pairing list.
- Tap on the ‘Connect’ option to complete pairing Skullcandy Indy Evo with your new device.
The pairing button on a Skullcandy device can vary depending on the model. Generally, the pairing button is on the back of the earbuds. To locate the pairing button on your Skullcandy device, consult the device’s user manual or visit the Skullcandy website for specific instructions based on your device model.
If your Skullcandy Indy Evo earbuds are blinking blue and red, it means they are in pairing mode and searching for a device to connect to. To pair them, enable Bluetooth on your device and follow the instructions given in the article to pair them with the device.
We hope you successfully paired the Indy Evo with your device without a hassle. If you can’t close the lid of the charging case, try cleaning the earbuds and charging ports with an isopropyl-soaked cloth and jiggling the earbuds.