Reasons For why is my Xbox one so slow
If your Xbox One is running slow, it could be due to an interrupted or slow internet connection, while if your friend’s console is lagging as well, the reason could be too much storage or unnecessary files on it. You never know.
Here are the reasons for why your Xbox one is so slow:
1. Cache On Your Console – Declutter It
Every day, when you play multiple games on your Xbox, it starts to pick up irrelevant files and save these. over time, these files begin to bother with the function of your console, and you will experience low functionality during games.
The storage of unnecessary cache and files on Xbox is one of the most typical reasons your console lags during gameplay.
To make your Xbox run smoother, you have to clear the cache by following the steps given below;
- First and foremost, you have to turn off the console by pressing the power button on it.
- When you are sure that the console has turned off completely, please detach the power cord from the backside of your console.
- In addition, you have to remove the main power cord from the wall outlet as well.
- Please wait for a minute or so, and connect the cords again.
- We assume you will not mind waiting for another minute to turn on the console using the power button.
Also Read: Why does my Xbox keep turning off
2. Hindered Internet Connection
Another important reason why your Xbox One can lag is an internet connection whose speed does not correspond with the console’s functionality. To enjoy games smoothly, you must have an uninterrupted internet connection. Therefore, your slow internet connection may cost you a lot in terms of games!
To fix the issue of slow broadband connection, you can take the following measures at your convenience;
- First of all, please check the overall broadband connection in your house. If all the connected devices are working fine on the same broadband connection, you can move your Xbox to the router closer, and it might work!
- Let’s say your router is far away from your room, and you cannot seem to move your Xbox towards it, don’t worry! Ethernet cables will save you for sure.
- If none of the above methods seems reasonable to you, you can buy Wi-Fi booster devices. All you have to do is place the device between your router and console and see the magic in the form of an uninterrupted broadband connection without hustling much!
3. Shortage Of Storage On Your Console
When your console runs short of storage, you will always experience the lagging issue. Therefore, it is always a good idea to keep your Xbox One free from the games you do not play anymore.
In this way, there is no irrelevant burden on your console’s hard drive, and you can enjoy your gaming smoothly, like always!
If you have already cleaned your console’s hard drive from the games you do not play anymore, it still says full; it could be due to the large-sized games available these days. In such a case, you can increase the space by getting yourself an external drive for the console.
Let’s have a look at how to use an external hard drive on your Xbox One;
- First and foremost, turn on your console and connect the external hard drive you have just bought, using the USB.
- You will see a screen popping up in front of you, where you have to select the storage device’s format.
- Next, you have to type in the name of your external hard drive.
- To make sure that all the new files from now on come to the external hard drive, you have to select ‘install new things here.’
You can also move the older files to your new external drive by following the steps given below;
- Navigate to the settings of your Xbox One menu and move to the System tab.
- Next, you have to open the storage tab and select the drive you want to move all the files.
- Next, you have to select ‘Transfer.’ It is totally up to you whether you want to move all the files or just the selected ones.
- Please click on ‘Move Selected.’
- Open your external drive and click on ‘move’ to let the data transfer.
4. Lagging Home Screen
At times, it could be just the home screen of your Xbox one that lags and makes the console function slow than usual.
To get rid of the lagging home screen, you can subsequently press the guide and highlight the home button. Next, you have to press the Menu button and select refresh! Mostly, refreshing your home screen by the method given above works wonders.
- How to fix stick drift on Xbox controller
- How to fix Xbox hdmi not working
- Best site to download Xbox 360 games for free
- How to play Xbox on laptop
- How to get the Xbox emulator for android
- Best site to download xbox one emulator for pc
Understandably, if your Xbox one running slow, it would not only annoy you but also cost you a fun-filled gaming experience. In this article, we have tried our best to mention the possible causes for why your Xbox one is lagging and what you can do to fix different problems.
Hopefully, it will prove helpful!