Are you facing the issue of your HP Officejet, not printing color? Unfortunately, we often see unsatisfied customers with this issue even when their color and black ink cartridges are new and unused. Most of the time, they have even deleted the HP Officejet 3830 drivers and installed them again, but the issue persists.
Their concern is that the printer prints their work in black and white, or the paper comes out blank. So one of the critical issues is that the printer settings are the primary area of the fault.
If the printer settings are inappropriate or incomplete, this issue may come up. Let us discuss what the various root causes of this issue may be and how to resolve them.
HP Officejet 3830 troubleshooting
Some of the most prevalent causes of this issue are that:
The printer head is dirty on the inside
If your HP office jet 3830 printer is quite old and shabby, then the first issue to look into is that. This will prevent it from printing in color correctly.
An easy solution is to clean the printer manually using any wipes that are available in the house. You may also use the utility that came with the printer itself. This will help you fix the issue in no time.
Color printing setting is disabled
If the color printing feature in the printer settings of HP office jet 3830 is not enabled, then your paper might come out printed in black or blank.
You can enable the color printing feature option in the settings. Hopefully, by doing that, you will quickly resolve the issue, and your printer will then be able to print in color in no time.
The printers may be out of ink in their ink cartridge
While this is the first thing customers who complain will have checked, it is also the most likely cause. So get those cartridges out and give them a look. If your ink cartridges are out of color, don’t expect to be printing in color.
If you use two or more different printers on this computer for some reason or if you had another HP printer connected to your computer before, then there might be a conflict between drivers.
Unfortunately, your operating system is more suited to one driver for proper functioning, and the conflicting drivers may cause improper functioning. Thus, HP office jet 3830 is not printing color.
This can be fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling the printer drivers from the official HP support page.
How to fix HP Officejet 3830 not printing in color?
If you have identified HP office jet 3830 as not printing color, then the following steps to resolve the issue have been outlined below.
- First and foremost, remove HP 3830 printer driver from devices.
- Don’t forget to uninstall it from the control panel of the Windows 10 computer.
- The Next Step is to open the Run command by pressing ‘Windows keys+ R.’
- Click on printui.exe /s in the Run box and press ok
- A new window will pop up; you can then select the driver’s tab to open it.
- Under the driver tab, if you see the ‘Hp printer drivers’ option, go ahead and delete it and press ok.
- Next, go over to ‘control panel,’ then ‘devices and printers and add a printer.
- A window might pop up that says ‘choose a device or printer,’ below it clicks on the option ‘ the print I want isn’t listed.’
- Choose the option of ‘ Add a printer using TCP/IP address.’
- You can enter the IP address of your HP 3830 and click on Next.
This will help you install the ‘HP 3830 printer driver’ with basic drivers.
Next what you need to do is do a test run to see if you can print in color with your HP office jet 3830 printer.
- How to Find WPS Pin On HP Printer
- How to Reset HP 61 Ink Cartridge
- How to Bypass HP Instant Ink
- How to Fix Ink System Failure on HP Printer
- How to Disable HP Cartridge Protection
- Why Is My HP Envy 4520 Not Printing Correctly
Hopefully, the causes and solutions mentioned in this article for ‘HP Officejet 3830 not printing in color’ will help the customer identify the root cause that is affecting their printer and take the necessary step to resolve the issue.