Causes why canon printer not printing
If your Canon Pixma is not printing, you can find out the reason by troubleshooting the problem. The canon printer’s software has a troubleshooting option. It will help you identify the problem and you can solve it accordingly.
Here’s why the Canon printer is not printing.
- There could be some issue with the USB or wireless connection between the printer, router, and system. That will result in canon printer won’t printer.
- If there is a recent change in the router or network connection that could make the printer go offline and it will stop printing.
- If the system or printer has stayed inactive for too long or slow internet connection can also be a reason for the printer going on sleep. And new updates not installed.
- If Canon PIXMA printer is not set as the ‘default printer’, and the command is going to some other device.
- Incompatible drivers or virtual printer copy can also cause trouble. Make sure that the installed drivers are up to date and download if a new update is available on their website.
- An empty ink cartridge or paper tray will also be a reason for canon PIXMA not printing.
- Check for any error message on the printer’s screen. It might be shown some error that is causing cancellation in printing.
How to fix canon printer not responding
Here’s how to fix the Canon printer not responding.
- If your canon printer won’t print, maybe the communication between your Mac or Windows system and the Pixma printer is lost. For that, reset your system and try carrying out a printing job.
- Meanwhile, keep the printer as close to the router as possible for maximum signal strength.
- In order to check the signal strength, print the network settings sheet and follow the necessary steps to resolve the canon printer, not the printing issue.
- The canon printer can also stop responding if the printer is not properly connected to the router.
- To make the communication better, restart both and then try.
- Activated firewall software can also be a reason for the distortion of communication between the system and the printer.
- Turn off all such applications on your system temporarily to see if that solves the issue.
- Lastly, make sure that the Pixma printer and the system, both are connected to the same network connection.
How to fix canon printer won’t print wirelessly
Here are the steps to fix the ‘Canon printer won’t print wirelessly’ issue.
- If the canon Pixma is not printing wirelessly, try restarting all the connected devices i.e. router, printer, and system.
- Switch off everything and start over.
- Remove the cable from the printer’s rear and disconnect it from your PC.
- Then firstly, turn the printer on and wait for a few seconds.
- Then start the system. Once it’s started, reinsert the power cable into the printer and rebuild the connection.
- Then restart the router and connect the printer and the system to the same network connection.
- Once everything is restarted, trying taking out a test print to check if the issue is resolved.
- Other than that, check for unfinished printing jobs, stuck in queue previously.
- Also, look for the new updates of the printer’s drivers and ensure that the installed drivers are up to date.
How to fix canon printer printing blank pages
Canon printer printing blank pages issue could occur in any model of this brand’s printers. This issue is common and resolvable as well.
Here’s how you can fix the ‘Canon printer printing blank pages’ issue.
- First of all, we need to make sure that the ink cartridge that we are using is original canon ink or compatible with the Canon PIXMA printer.
- Secondly, make sure that the Canon printer is not placed on a too hot surface.
- Then, try cleaning the printhead of the canon PIXMA printer from your device.
- To do so, click on ‘My Computer’ and open ‘Control Panel’.
- Then, select the ‘Devices and Printers‘ option.
- Right-click on the Canon PIXMA printer’s name displaying on the screen and click on ‘Properties’.
- Click on ‘Preferences’, then select the ‘Services’ option.
- Then, click on the ‘Clean printhead’ option.
- Carry out these steps unless the printhead is completely cleaned.
- After that, take out a sample print to check if the issue is resolved and the printer is not printing blank pages anymore.
- If you have recently changed the cartridge, maybe the new one is not supported by the Canon Pixma printer. Trying to replace the cartridge if the blank pages issue persists.
How to fix canon printer won’t print black
Follow the below steps to resolve the ‘Canon printer won’t print black’ problem by unclogging the clogged nozzles.
- First of all, ensure that the papers in the tray are enough to be used for the job.
- Then raise the paper tray and its extension.
- Click on the ‘Setup’ button on the operator Panel of your printer to initiate the process of unclogging the nozzle.
- Then press the ‘Tools’ button and select the ‘maintenance’ option.
- Press the ‘OK’ button, select ‘deep cleansing option’ and press the ‘OK’ button again.
- Wait till the cleaning process completes. It will take around 3 to 5 minutes.
- After it’s completed, the ‘Pattern print confirmation’ dialog box will appear on the control Panel. Press the ‘OK’ button to finish.
If the cleaning process does not resolve the issue, there could be a chance that the ink cartridge in the printer is finished or about to finish.
- How to Connect Canon Printer to WIFI
- How to Connect Canon mg3620 Printer to WIFI
- How to fix Canon Pixma B200 error
- How to factory reset canon printer
- How to fix Canon MG3600 printer offline error
- How to Fix Canon Printer in Error State
Canon is a trusted brand name to buy from. But what really matters is the compatibility of devices with each other. Most Canon printers are reliable and compatible with Windows and Mac. They have quite a lot of options with wired and wireless connections etc.
Knowing the reason for a device to stop working will help you carry out the repair process accordingly. Different types of issues occur due to different types of reasons and require different types of solutions as well.