How to Fix the Skullcandy Left Earbud Not Working Issue?
Whether you own the Skullcandy Indy, Jib True, Push Ultra, or Sesh Evo, the solutions are the same for left or right earbuds not working properly. Sometimes dirt can cause the earbud to go silent. Therefore, always clean your earbuds and charge them fully even if you don’t use them.
Here are the solutions to fix the Skullcandy right/left earbud not working issue;
Solution 1: Reset Your Skullcandy Earbuds
There are two methods to reset your earbuds;
Reset Method 1
Here’s the first method to reset the Skullcandy earbuds;
- Begin by placing both the earbuds in the charging case.
- Next, open the Bluetooth settings on your device (e.g., computer, phone) to which the earbuds are paired.
- Remove the Skullcandy earbuds from the pairing list and turn off the Bluetooth settings.
- Take out the right earbud from the charging case and hold the center of the earbud until the red LED light flashes. This means the right earbud is now reset.
- Now, put the right earbud back in the charging case and remove the left one to reset it by following the above step.
- Next, place both earbuds in your ears. A voice prompt and a beep will confirm that both earbuds are synced.
- Now you can turn on the Bluetooth settings on your device.
- Pair the Skullcandy earbuds with your device by clicking on your Skullcandy model present in the pairing list. Now you can hear from both earbuds.
Reset Method 2
Use this method only when the first reset method doesn’t work.
Here are the steps to reset the Skullcandy earbuds if the first method didn’t work;
- First, go to the settings and turn off the Bluetooth on your device.
- Remove/Forget the earbuds from the pairing list.
- Press the earbuds’ back button for 6 seconds to turn them off.
- Next, press the back button on the right earbud for 10 seconds and then put it in the charging case.
- Repeat the 4th step with the left earbud.
- Now you must remove both the earbuds from the charging case. The earbuds will go into pairing mode.
- Finally, turn on the Bluetooth on the device and pair it with your earbuds.
We hope you can now listen to audio from both earbuds.
Solution 2: Clean the Earbuds
The most common reason for the ‘Skullcandy left/right earbud not working’ issue is dirt, debris, and earwax inside the earbud.
Here’s how to clean the earbuds;
- Take a toothpick and insert it into the hole of your right earbud.
- Remove the earwax or dirt with the toothpick.
- Now gently clean the right earbud with a soft toothbrush.
- Repeat the above steps to clean the left earbud.
Some users also use suction tools to suck the debris completely from the earbuds. This is an effective method, and you can try it out too.
Solution 3: Charge the Earbuds
Sometimes, the charging point may be defective, stopping the earbud from charging properly.
If your Skullcandy right earbud is not working and you doubt that there’s a defect in the charging point, place the right earbud in the location of the left earbud to see if it charges.
In case your left earbud is not working, do vice versa.
You can also clean the contact points in the charging case with a dry and soft cloth to ensure the earbuds charge properly. Charge the earbuds for 15-30 minutes and then check both for audio.
Here are some additional solutions to fix the Skullcandy left earbud not working issue;
- Verify that the audio settings on your device are correctly configured. You must adjust the balance settings to ensure that audio is not being routed entirely to one side. You can also try listening to audio from different sources or apps to rule out software-related issues.
- Outdated firmware can sometimes cause audio problems. Check for any firmware updates for your Skullcandy earbuds and install them if necessary. You can typically update the firmware using the manufacturer’s dedicated app or by following the instructions provided with the earbuds.
If none of the above troubleshooting steps resolve the issue, there may be a hardware defect. Contact Skullcandy customer support or the retailer from where you purchased the earbuds for further assistance or warranty coverage.
Why is Skullcandy Indy left earbud not pairing?
To address this issue, try resetting the earbuds by placing them in the charging case and holding the button on the case for about 10 seconds. Then, remove the earbuds from the case and attempt to pair them again.
What can I do if my Skullcandy Jib True right earbud is not working?
If either the left or right earbud is not working, ensure they are fully charged and properly connected. Clean the charging connectors and contact points to eliminate any potential connectivity issues.
How do I fix the ‘Skullcandy Push Ultra only one side works’ problem?
Ensure both earbuds are charged and connected correctly. Try resetting the earbuds by placing them in the charging case and holding the button for about 10 seconds.
What should I do if the Sesh Evo left earbud is not pairing?
Reset the earbuds and delete them from your device’s Bluetooth settings. Then, re-pair the earbuds following the manufacturer’s instructions to establish a connection between the left earbud and your device.
Why should I remove the left Skullcandy earbud from the charging case first?
Removing the left earbud first is best because the right earbud starts the pairing process. If you remove the right earbud first, the pairing process will be hindered, and the right earbud won’t sync with the left one. Therefore, the left earbud won’t receive the audio.
It’s fairly easy to resolve the ‘Skullcandy left earbud not working’ issue yourself. To prevent this issue from occurring again in the future, you should keep the firmware updated, clean the earbuds on a weekly basis, and charge the earbuds fully even if you don’t use them.