How to play Minecraft on PS5?
While PS5 may have backward compatibility, the support for Minecraft is not yet available. In the case that you own the game already, you will notice Minecraft in your PS5 library where you can download it.
Here are methods to play Minecraft on PS5:
1. Download the PS4 version on the PS5
The first thing to try when looking at how to get Minecraft on PS5 is to download the digital version of the game onto your PS5 account. To do so, you can simply follow these steps:
- Open the web browser on your PC.
- Open the PlayStation store: Here, you can purchase the Minecraft mobile app or app for PS4, but not for PS5.
- Log in to your PSN account. This account should have the same log in details as your PS5 account.
- Once you purchase Minecraft, turn your PS5 console on.
- Login to your PSN account.
- When you go to the store, you can search for the Minecraft game.
- Note that if Minecraft is not on your PS5 account then you will not find Minecraft’s complete version. Instead, you will find trials, tokens, and season passes. In the case the Minecraft on PS5 is available on your account, you can easily download it.
- Download and install the game from the PlayStation store.
2. Insert the game disc
Before you carry out this method, make sure that your PlayStation console is connected to the internet and there are no pending updates. If there are updates, make sure it is completed before you insert the disk. You can now proceed following these steps:
- Purchase a disc of the Minecraft game.
- Insert the disc onto your PlayStation 5 console.
- You will be taken through a series of steps, follow those and you’ll have the game on console.
If you’re using a PS4 disc then:
- Insert the PS4 Minecraft disc onto the new PS5 console.
- Transfer the copy of the game onto the PS5 console through an external drive.
- You can also transfer the Minecraft game onto the PS5 using the Wi-Fi as well.
3. Transfer files using an external drive
You can get Minecraft on PS5 using this method which would require a PS4 console. In this, you would have to copy the Minecraft game onto an external HDD. You can then transfer it onto your Play Station 5 if you have the same account as your PS4. Here are the steps you can follow to transfer the data:
- If your external drive doesn’t already have the PS4 games, then you should format the HDD drive through PS.
- On your P4 Home screen, you will find an option named Settings. Open it.
- Select the Storage option and press External Storage present on the right panel.
- Here, you will find Applications. Select it and press Options.
- You will find an option named Move to Extended Storage. Click on it.
- Tick the box named Minecraft. Once you press Ok, the transfer will begin.
- Once the transfer is complete, you can Power off the PS4.
- Unplug the drive and plug it to the PS5.
- PS5 will now recognize the game and you will be able to install and play it on the internal storage.
- Note: the games will be found in your game library’s USB storage. Go to the Installed tab and press the USB extended storage category.
4. Transfer files using WI-FI
You can also play Minecraft on PS5 by transferring the game details from your previous PS4 console. Just like the previous method, make sure there are no pending updates on your PS. You can now transfer using the Wi-Fi by following these steps:
- Turn on your PS4 and sign into the same account as your PS5.
- Connect your PS4 and PS5 consoles to the same LAN or Wi-Fi.
- Now, turn on your PS5.
- Go to Settings and select System.
- Here, you will find System Software. Select it.
- Click on Data Transfer and then press Continue.
- You will find a list of devices. Select the PS4 console you are transferring from.
- On your PS5, you will find a Prepare for data transfer option. Press it and Hold PS4’s power button until you hear a beep.
- Now, on the PS5, you can select the data you want transferred.
- Press the option named Start Transfer.
- Once the process continues, the console will restart and your PS5 library will show the Minecraft game.
Is Minecraft on PS5?
PS4 users often take advantage of Minecraft’s split-screen, online gaming, and VR compatibilities allowing users to either install it digitally or purchase a disc. Unfortunately, the Minecraft PS5 update is not available which means that Minecraft is not on PS5.
This could be due to a number of reasons including:
- Minecraft’s publisher is Xbox Game Studios and it is Microsoft’s most popular games. Since PS5 is their competitor, they do not have reason to publish a game for them.
- PlayStation itself prefers its own studios to create new IPs instead of pushing for pre-existing ones on other consoles.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I play Minecraft with ray tracing on ps5?
Since Minecraft on PS5 will be the version present on PS4, it will not have ray-tracing. The PS5 Minecraft doesn’t have update patch, resolution increase, performance boost, and texture enhancements.
Can you get Minecraft dungeons on ps5?
PS5 may not have Minecraft but the dungeon-crawler is available on the PlayStation Store for the newer consoles. It may not have an upgrade for PS5, but it is backward-compatible.
How to download Minecraft on ps5?
Since Minecraft for PS5 is not available, Minecraft cannot be downloaded directly onto the console. In order to get the game, you need to download it either on your web browser, smartphone app, or PS4.
How much is Minecraft on PS5?
On the Play Station store, Minecraft for PS5 is for 18.99 € or $19.99 but it is not available in all regions. Its download size is 2.3 GB.
How do you format Your External HDD on PS4?
A storage drive will give you a specific format; the format for PS console is the FAT32. The drive can be easily formatted by the console. In the case that you want to move Minecraft or put it in a drive, here’s what you have to do:
- Plug in either the external HDD or the USB drive into the console.
- Open Settings and go to Devices.
- Select USB Storage Devices.
- Choose Format as extended storage.
- Press Ok.
Through this, your device will be formatted and all the data will be erased, making it ready to store and move PS games.
Is there any Minecraft PS5 update?
Console versions of Minecraft are termed heritage games and, recently, Microsoft plans to offer a generalized experience for Minecraft players. The Bedrock edition is the latest edition that offers multi-player gameplay. This feature was definitely influenced by cross-play and an opportunity to play with several players at a time.
Now that you know how to get Minecraft on PS5, you can enjoy a good game. While Minecraft for PS5 is not available, you can just transfer your PS4 Minecraft data and enjoy a great gameplay with your friends.
1 thought on “Is Minecraft on PS5? [Download & Play] – 2023 Updated”
I bought a MINECRAFT dvd for PS4. Loaded in PS5 last night and used the voucher code for the 700 tokens, following the steps inside the dvd. I got the tokens but when I logged into my Microsoft account I lost them. Any idea how I can get back my 700 tokens?