HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 won’t print
If your HP Officejet Pro 8600 is not printing efficiently, follow the below-listed procedure to get rid of this issue.
- Firstly, look if there are ample sheets present in the printer tray.
- Then, look for any jammed papers. In case you find jammed or stuck papers, remove them immediately.
- Sometimes the printer ink/toner is empty, and we think there is a problem with the printer. Replace your printer’s ink with a new one if it is empty.
- Still, your HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 won’t print, then go to the printer’s control panel and choose ‘Devices and Printers’.
- In the ‘devices and printers’ option, look for ‘HP OfficeJet Pro 8600’ and right-click on it.
- Once you have right-clicked, click on the ‘See what’s printing option and access the printer’s menu.
- Click ‘Open as Administrator’ and re-access the printer’s menu.
- Finally, choose the ‘Cancel All Documents’ option and print again with the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600.
We are sure that your printer will start printing the documents again.
You may face a ‘printer driver unavailable’ issue. No need to worry as you can quickly solve the problem by yourself without extra help with the below steps;
- Begin by downloading the ‘HP Easy Start Software’ on the device (HP OfficeJet Pro 8600)
- Now open the folder where you have downloaded the software, open the software and select ‘scan now’.
- You have to click the ‘update‘ option given in front of the driver.
- Switch off the printer and your wireless router. Also, turn off your mac or windows computer.
- In addition, remove all the USB cables from the devices. After 10 seconds, turn on your printer and computer.
- Now switch on the wireless router too.
- You can finally check whether the software is installed correctly or not.
With the above-given steps, you can install the software, and your HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 driver will be available. However, in case your driver is still unavailable, contact tech experts.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 scanning problems
Even though hp Officejet pro 8600 offers the best scanning, sometimes it might fail to scan your essential documents. In such a scenario, follow the below-listed steps to begin scanning;
- Power off your printer and disconnect all the USB cable connections from your HP OfficeJet Pro 8600.
- Now, stop the program that’s running and switch off the computer. In addition, remove all the power cables from the computer.
- After a few seconds, turn on the printer and see if the settings are accurate.
- Connect the printer to the wall outlet via a USB cable. Finally, turn on the computer and connect it with your HP OfficeJet Pro 8600.
- You can scan the documents easily now.
You can also reach out to the technical experts if you still face difficulty scanning the documents.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 won’t connect to WiFi
One of the common problems faced by the users is that their HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 won’t connect to the Wi-Fi. You can solve this issue by the below-given procedure;
- Access your printer and choose your ‘printer network’
- Now choose ‘Wireless setup wizard’, and a list of wireless networks will appear on your printer’s panel.
- From the ‘Wireless setup wizard’ option, click on your device Wi-Fi and proceed with the wizard procedure to finish.
- However, click on the’ Add network’ option if your printer panel doesn’t show your printer screen. Now enter your wireless network ID along with its security key.
- Continue with the on-screen steps to connect your printer to the Wi-Fi.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 offline problem
Fix the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 offline problem by the below-listed procedure;
- Firstly, reboot your printer and computer. In addition, restart the wireless router.
- Check if your printer is online or offline. If your printer is offline, move to the below step.
- Go to your printer settings and move on to ‘Printers‘. Click on your printer name and right-click to choose ‘Use Printer Online.
- Congratulations, you have set your printer into online mode.
- Clear the ongoing print jobs if you are still facing HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 offline problem.
- Now, click on your printer’s name twice and choose the ‘Printer Menu’ option from the settings.
- Cancel all the documents and turn on your printer. Also, remove any jammed papers and maintain proper USB connections.
If you still face the offline printer issue, contact the tech experts.
How to reset HP OfficeJet Pro 8600?
You can reset your HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 by first finding the secret support menu. Access the secret support menu by the following steps;
- Turn off your printer, wait for 10 seconds and turn on your printer again.
- As soon as the printer is switched on, press the back button (arrow icon) 4 times present on the printer’s front panel.
- The support menu will appear.
Now find the reset menu under the support menu. How? You have to navigate through the right until you find the reset menu. Once you have found the reset menu, you can choose one of the three options according to your desire; partial reset, semi-reset, and full reset.
How to clean printheads on HP OfficeJet Pro 8600?
You can clean printheads on HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 easily. Follow the below-listed steps to remove ink clogs and clean electrical contacts.
Ink Clog Removal
- Press and hold the ‘power’ button on your printer. Now push the ‘cancel’ button twice.
- Press the ‘resume’ button once.
- Let go of the ‘power’ button to begin the electronic printhead cleaning process.
Electrical Contact Cleaning
- Firstly, lay three or four stacked pieces of paper in front of your printer and then open the printer cover. You can now push and hold the ‘Resume’ button until the carriage moves to the far left of the printer.
- Now unplug the printer when the carriage has moved to the far left.
- You need to now grasp and lift up the printhead latch and lift the handle on the first printhead. Finally, you can pull the printhead out of your printer.
- Hold the printhead over the paper in front of the printer and clean it gently with a microfiber cloth. Ensure that the ink nozzles face upwards.
- Clean the electrical contacts inside the printer gently with your lint-free cloth.
- Turn on your printer and insert the printhead back into its place. Pull down the printhead latch over the printhead, and secure the printhead in place.
How to fax on a HP OfficeJet Pro 8600?
First, ensure that the fax and scan method is ON, then follow the below-given steps;
- Locate the printer’s control panel and select ‘setup‘.
- Now choose ‘Fax Setup’ to set the basic preferences.
- Place the document in the document feeder.
- Select ‘fax’ from the printer’s control panel.
- You can now enter the fax number and hit send.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 paper mismatch error when copying?
A crunched paper between the printheads might cause a paper mismatch error when copying on the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600. Follow the below-listed steps to get rid of this issue.
- Unplug the printer, and open the printer cover.
- Pull the printheads to the far left with gentle force. Now, inspect the right internal cavity with a flashlight.
- You will notice a crunched paper stuck in the right internal cavity. Remove the crunched paper.
- Plugin the printer and turn it on.
- Now ‘Semi-reset’ your printer by finding the secret support menu.
We have summarized the solutions to the common problems faced by the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 users. If you still fail to solve the issues, contact tech experts right away.