Why is my HP envy 4520 printer offline?
Your HP Envy 4520 printer says that it is offline, even when you have indeed turned it on. Unfortunately, it is not a rare error to occur with the latest HP printer. Besides, it is quick to fix. Before moving onto the troubleshooting steps, let us light on the probable causes for this error.
Here are the reasons that cause the HP Envy 4520 printer offline error.
- If you have not updated your printer drivers, they might cause your HP Envy 4520 to develop an offline error.
- Besides, an incomplete printer setup can also result in offline errors.
- Maybe the connection of your printer with other devices is lacking.
- If you do not possess the latest firmware, you might face an offline printer error on your HP Envy 4520.
How to fix HP envy 4520 printer offline error on Windows?
Here are the steps to fix the HP Envy 4520 printer offline error.
- First and foremost, make sure you press and hold the power button on your printer until it gets turned off.
- Next, please remove all the power cables of the printer and disconnect the USB cable.
- Wait for a few seconds, and please reconnect all the cables that you unplugged earlier. Moreover, also reconnect the USB cable of your printer to your computer.
- Next, you have to uninstall the printer drivers present on your computer. Please keep in mind that you have to reinstall them again later.
- There is a ‘start menu’ on your computer. Please click on it and navigate to the control panel.
- Under the control panel, you will see an option ‘devices and printers,’ please make sure that you click on it.
- Once you open the ‘devices and printers,’ look for your printer model, which is HP Envy 4520.
- Once you find your printer’s icon, make a right-click on it and move to the ‘see what’s printing’ option.
- You will see the ‘printer’ option on the left side of your computer’s screen, and please click on it.
- Here you have to toggle the option ‘use printer offline’ to turn this option off. Once you have unchecked this option, your printer should appear online now.
- However, your printer might still appear offline. In this case, we suggest you disconnect your printer from the computer. Please ensure that you turn off your printer first and then perform the disconnected part.
- You have to wait for a while until you turn on your printer and reconnect it with the computer.
- Finally, try restarting your computer and see if the offline printer error persists or not.
- How to Fix HP Envy 4500 Scan to Computer Error
- How to Fix HP Officejet Pro 8710 Offline Error
- How to fix HP printer in error state
- How to Fix HP Printer Error 49
Understandably, the HP Envy 4520 offline printer error may frustrate users and becomes an obstacle in their usual printing activities. However, this error is no big deal, and its troubleshooting steps are pretty much straightforward. In this article, we have tried our best to simplify the solutions so that you can quickly fix the error and resume your printing activities.
We hope it will prove helpful!