How do mouse & keyboard for PS4 make games easier?
You most certainly can use a mouse and keyboard for PS4 and while it is an ongoing debate amongst gamers. To find out whether a game allows use of mouse and keyboard on PS4, you must check the game manual. PS4 players need to toggle through from X, Y, A, and B (or Box, Triangle, Square, Circle on PS4), while a keyboard user will simply have to slide a finger.
It’s easier for shooting games where joysticks could cause discrepancies in case your finger gets sweaty. You will notice that your accuracy of the aim will improve significantly and players tend to mention how quickly they are able to make the commands.
How to use keyboard and mouse on PS4?
If you’re wondering how to use the keyboard and mouse on PS4 then you’ve come to the right place. It’s not difficult to do; however, there are two ways to go about it – connecting through Bluetooth, or via USB wire.
Here are the steps to connect the mouse and keyboard for PS4.
1. Keyboard and mouse for PS4 – (Wired Connection)
Wired keyboards and mouse for your PS4 can be connected rather easily. Here are the steps you can follow for your wired devices:
- In front of your PS4, you’ll find the open USB port. Here, you can plug in the USB wired device.
- Once your device is recognized by the PS4, you’ll be asked to verify yourself.
- Choose the profile that you would want to pair with.
- The keyboard will now be available to use your keyboard to go over the PS4 input text, system menus, web browsing, and more.
- If you want to change the key repeat delay, rate, and keyboard type then you can change this by:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Devices.
- Select External Keyboard.
2. Keyboard and mouse for PS4 – (Wireless Connection)
For wireless keyboards, the steps you gave to follow will be different. In the case that you want to connect it via Bluetooth, here are the steps you can follow:
- When you go into the home screen of the Dynamic Menu, press “UP.” This is found on the d-pad.
- Now, select Bluetooth device which can be found in the settings bar under “devices.”
- Your system will automatically begin scanning for Bluetooth devices nearby.
- Make sure your mouse and keyboard for PS4 are ready for pairing – you can find out how through the user manual. Once your console begins its search, it will recognize the device and ask for confirmation.
- You will have to select the profile for your devices and confirm the option.
- Congratulations! You’ve successfully paired your devices and now can navigate the web, menus, and input texts among several other things.
PS4 games compatible with keyboard and mouse
As mentioned above, the Ps4 mouse and keyboard can be used for some games which are compatible with them. Sometimes, using a controller for games – such as FIFA – could be the better decision. In the case of others, you would need to go over the manuals to understand which games are compatible with your devices. Here is the list you can go over:
|Final Fantasy XIV
|Call of Duty Modern Warfare
|Sar Wars: Battlefront 2
|They are billions
|Elder Scrolls Online – compatible with keyboard only
|Neverwinter – compatible with keyboard only
|DC Universe Online – compatible with keyboard only
Our recommended mouse and keyboard for PS4
You can use any keyboard and mouse with your PS4; however, it must have either Bluetooth or a USB connection. Here’s a list of recommended keyboards and mice for PS4:
1. Razer huntsman elite keyboard for gaming
The Razer Huntsman Elite is one of the best keyboards when it comes to gaming. Coming from the list of options from Razer’s extensive arsenal, it is packed with features, unbelievable aesthetics, and excellent proprietary switches. This keyboard is definitely all-round and a must-have and here are its features:
- It has an actuation distance of 1.5mm at 45g actuation force.
- It has a durability of about 100 million keystrokes which is about twice as much as the standards of industry leads.
- You get more keypresses at amazing speed – it maximized APM for games that are fast-paced.
2. Corsair k95 gaming keyboard
Corsair’s K95 RGB Platinum mechanical keyboard comes close to the Razer Huntsman Elite. Players often opt for this due to its impeccable RGB, rapid keypress, and built quality. It’s definitely great for both PS4, as well as a PC setup. Some of its features include:
- 8MB onboard storage.
- CHERRY® MX RGB mechanical key switches.
- Dual-sided, soft, detachable wrist rest.
- Aircraft-grade anodized brushed aluminum frame.
- 100% anti-ghosting with full key rollover.
3. Logitech g613 gaming keyboard
For wireless keyboards that are easier on your pocket, this is the best option you can have. It has amazing extra features, a comfortable feel, and great light switches. If you’re considering purchasing the Logitech G613 keyboard then here are the features you’ll have:
- It comes with impeccable speed for faster gameplay.
- It had a high-end build quality which is easier on your pockets.
- It has an extended battery life for longer gameplay.
- It has great performing Romer-G tactile switches for accurate gameplay.
4. Redragon k552 gaming keyboard
The WePC studio definitely keeps this keyboard in high regard, once again because of its impeccable performance at such a great price. Here are some of the features you will find:
- All of its eighty-seven keys are conflict-free.
- You have the option of disabling the WIN key for gaming.
- The keyboard is designed to save space and adjust all eighty-seven full size keys.
- You will fine around twelve multimedia keys.
- It has a sturdy base which is made from Aircraft-grade Aluminum
5. Razer DeathAdder v2 mouse
If you’re looking at gaming mice then the top-most would be Razer DeathAdder V2. Since V2 is the latest installment to the DA family, it brings quite a lot to the table in terms of performance. Not to mention, Razer DeathAdder also has one of the best sensors as well. Here are some features which might interest you:
- It comes with eight programmable buttons.
- It has 100% PTFE mouse feet
- It comes with a Razer Speedflex cable
- It’s designed to be very lightweight.
6. Logitech g pro gaming mouse
Logitech G Pro Wireless mouse is definitely amongst the commonly bought product which is used by not only professional gamers, but hobbyists as well. Not only is it the lightest mouse on the market, but its shape is designed to be compatible with any player. Further features include:
- It comes with onboard memory.
- It has around four to eight buttons.
- It has an amazing sensor.
- Its IPS speed is around 400 IPS.
7. Steelseries rival 310 gaming mouse
SteelSeries Rival 310 is everything that a PS4 console requires. With features that are hard to miss, it adds to the list of devices that can definitely take your gaming experience up a notch. Here are some of the features you will find:
- It has an ergonomic, right0handed shape.
- It has fiber-reinforced plastic as its core construction.
- Its material is fingerprint-resistant material – it’s semi-rough matte.
- Its Omron Mechanical is rated for about fifty million clicks.
Now that you have a good idea about the keyboard and mouse for PS4, you can easily choose the best device for your PS4 and enjoy a new and improved gaming style.