The digital world has progressed to a point where we don’t need brick and mortar structures to run a business – everything can be dealt with online. However, an essential component to conduct an online business is a mic. You need it to attend meetings and send recorded notes. Knowing how to use headphone mic on PC is therefore quite essential.
The last thing you want during a meeting is for your mic to stop working. If you’re already facing this issue or want to stay prepared in case something like this happens, this article is meant for you.
Let’s dive into a step-by-step guide on how to use a headset mic on PC.
How to Use Headphone Mic on PC?
Start off by looking for the line-in jack on your pc. These jacks are usually referred to as microphone jacks and are colored green. Plug your headphones into this jack.
Once done, go to the search box in the ‘Start’ menu and look up “Manage audio devices.” This will appear on the search tab as you type; click on it.
Now you will enter the control panel for sounds. To use headphones as mic, you need to check whether it’s working in the first place or not. When you’re in the sound control, anything you say in the mic will reflect in the form of a green bar on the screen. The bar will raise as the mic picks up sound vibrations.
There will be a recording option, press it, and record your voice using headphones as a microphone.
How to use headphone mic on pc windows 10?
Every person’s hearing abilities differ to the slightest extent. You may be able to hear a tad bit louder than your friend. In fact, anyone who isn’t exposed much to loud sounds tends to have a better hearing than those who often wear headphones and blast loud music. It means that you need to adjust the sound for optimum performance while using headphones as a microphone.
You need to adjust your equalizer settings and make some tweaks in sound for proper optimization. Here is how you can do that.
- Start off by going to your control panel through the start menu and accessing the sound settings.
- Select the driver installed to enable the ‘properties’ button below.
- Now click on the ‘levels’ tab and adjust the volume according to your preference. You can also click on the ‘balance’ button and adjust the balance of sound you hear in each headphone.
- From the tab ‘enhancements’, you can choose from the different options whether you like boosted base or increased loudness. There is also a preview button on the right corner below to check if the option you opted for suits how you want to use headphones as a mic on PC.
- The ‘advanced’ tab on the right above will allow you to choose the different qualities of sound. Simply click on the dropdown menu and choose the quality of sound you prefer. You can also test it as well.
- Now close this tab, and reopen the ‘Sound’ section from the control panel (it will still be open unless you closed it yourself). Here you can enter the ‘recording’ section and adjust your mic, similar to how you adjusted your sound output above.
How to use headphone mic on pc may sound like a complex thing to adjust; however, the entire job takes around 5 to 10 minutes to complete. It means that you will be done with the entire settings within ten minutes and will be able to use earbuds as mic on pc with the sound optimized to your preferences.
Now go ahead and make crystal clear audio calls, send audio messages, and hold virtual conferences without worrying about mic or sounds.