What Is Discord?
Discord has made communication more accessible for console gamers, but people in business also use the app for their routine workplace meetings.
Though many other applications for communicating purposes during game plays are available in the market, the majority of the gamers opt for Discord.
The application has incredible and exceptional features like screen sharing, media sharing, audio and video chat, etc. These features have made gaming easier, better, and more fun!
Also Read: How to Install Better Discord
Guide To Using Discord On Xbox?
We’ll discuss later about how to use Discord on Xbox. However, in the meanwhile, you must know a few things about Discord accounts.
If you already own a Discord account, then using the same account on your Xbox will surely add extra bits of fun to your gaming experience with friends.
However, on the contrary, if you have never created a Discord account, we will discuss how to create one!
Don’t have a discord account? Let’s create one!
Many gamers already possess a Discord account because one cannot continue playing games without an excellent communicating application. But, possibly, some of you might not have an account already. Therefore, first of all, start with creating a Discord account.
Creating a Discord account is very easy; all you have to do is pick a username for yourself and a strong password! Besides, please make sure that you provide a functional email address that is important when it comes to verifying the account.
Moreover, there is no hard and fast rule about where you have to create the account. You can use Discord’s official website on your PC or perform the entire process using the app on your smartphone. Both are okay!
How to use discord on Xbox?
To use Discord on Xbox is pretty easy; all you have to do is to focus on the following guide!
But, here is some shocking revelation for Xbox gamers! The Discord app works only for Xbox one. Presumably, Xbox 360 users must be disappointed with the news.
Here are the steps to use Discord on Xbox:
- Continuing with the guide, please make sure that your Xbox One is active!
- Next, grab your Xbox One controller, locate and click the Xbox one icon button. You have to keep scrolling and stop right where you find the ‘Profile and System.’
- Next, you have to click on ‘Settings’ and locate the ‘Account’ option. Under the ‘Account’ option, you will see ‘Linked Social Accounts,’ please click on it.
- You have to scroll to the right side of your screen and click on ‘Link’ in the Discord box. A window will show up where you must click ‘A’ and then select ‘Yes.’
- Now, you have to grab your smartphone; please ensure that it also contains the Discord app. You have to open the app on your phone, navigate to the ‘Settings,’ ‘Connections,’ and lastly touch on ‘Add.’
- Within ‘Add new connections,’ you will see ‘Xbox Live,’ you have to tap on it.
- Next, you have to insert the code displayed on your Xbox One, and you will see all your accounts getting linked quickly!
Limited activity of discord on Xbox one
The Discord is still growing on Xbox one; however, you cannot avail all of the app’s exceptional features on your Xbox One yet. All you can do is to view your friend’s game play using Discord on Xbox One. The rest of the features, like voice and video chats, are not yet available.
However, we will shortly provide you with a short guide to communicate with your game partners using Discord on Xbox one.
Moreover, if you want to add new friends to your Discord account, you have to do it using your account on a web browser or application. The Discord on Xbox One does not provide you with the option of adding new people yet.
Also Read: Fix discord screen share audio not working
A simple trick to use discord voice chat on Xbox
- First of all, you need to have the Discord app on your smartphone. Next, you need to have wireless Xbox headsets or any other headset that is good to connect to two devices at a time.
- Before proceeding, please make sure that you pair up your headset with your phone and Xbox One.
- Next, you have to open the app on your phone and navigate to the chat section.
- Look for the person you want to do the voice call with and tap on it!
- Using the wireless Xbox headset, it is pretty much easy to adjust the game audio and voice call’s audio at your convenience.
- How to fix Xbox controller drift
- How to fix Xbox one turns on then off
- What causes Xbox hdmi no signal issue
- Why is my Xbox lagging
- How to install Xbox one windows 10 driver
- How to get the Xbox emulator for android
The Discord has become one of the favorite communicating apps for gamers owing to its exceptional features. However, unfortunately, you cannot access every feature on consoles.
In this article, we have tried our best to briefly guide you to use Discord on your Xbox One console. Hopefully, it will prove helpful!