Can you use keyboard and mouse on Xbox?
Yes, you can use keyboard and mouse on Xbox. However, people often get confused about whether or not they need an adapter to connect their devices.
Please note, that wireless keyboard and mouse on Xbox are not configured with the use!
On the back end of your xbox one, there are USB ports. You need to plug in the devices in these USB ports. However, once you’ve done this, the rest of the devices lose their connection to the console.
How to use keyboard and mouse on Xbox one without adapter?
If you’re wondering how to use keyboard and mouse on Xbox one then let’s begin by listing down the items you would need:
Here are the steps to use keyboard and mouse on Xbox one without adapter:
- Plugin your mouse and keyboard for Xbox One into the console: note that it’s better to insert the USB into the slot closest to you since the keyboard and mouse for Xbox may not fit into the backports.
- One end of the USB should be connected to the mouse or keyboard devices.
- Now, you insert the other end of the USB onto the console port.
- You’ll notice a notification pop up on the screen. This will inform you of the newly connected devices and ask you to confirm them as the default device. Click no.
- Log into your console.
- Head onto the “settings” tab which could be found on the home screen.
- Scroll towards the option named “Devices” and select the option named “Keyboard/Mouse.” Enable it.
- Test your devices by opening the Xbox One guide and typing in the messages.
Games that support keyboard and mouse on Xbox
Much like the PS4, Xbox One also has certain games which support the keyboard and mouse for Xbox One. While there are a long list of games you can play but only a handful of them support the feature and, of course, the list of games is definitely better than those for Sony PlayStation 4.
Below is a list of games that you can enjoy; there are certainly more to the list but here are some of the major games people opt for:
|Halo: The Master Chief Collection
|The Sims 4
|Ark: Survival Evolved
|Gears of War 5
|Sea of Thieves
|Warhammer: Vermintide 2
|Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead
Limitations of using a keyboard and mouse on Xbox
For gamers preferring to use the Xbox keyboard and mouse, you should know that Xbox compatibility often depends on developers. In most cases, keyboards perform a maximum function but the limitations appear in the case of mouse functionality.
In most cases, Xbox users find that the mouse navigation feature is disabled forcing them to use the controller for apps such as the Edge web. However, to fix this issue, users are required to have the new Edge browser. For apps that support mouse configuration, you can enable it by:
- Go to “settings.”
- Click on “Kinect and Devices.”
- You can now swap the primary and secondary buttons ass well had modified the speed of the mouse pointer.
Use an adapter to play any game on Xbox
Since the Xbox keyboard and mouse are officially supported only through the developer, you may not have access to many games that could be played on their own. However, there’s a loophole that you should know – adapters. Here’s a list of adapters you could use for the keyboard and mouse for Xbox:
- XIM: XIM Apex Adapter essentially tricks your console to thinking you’re using a controller. Once you have the latest Apex firmware, you can easily use your devices. Click here if you’re looking for a purchase.
- IOGEAR KeyMander: This adapter is cheaper and compatible with not just Xbox One, but also PS3, PS4, and Xbox 360. The IOGEAR KeyMander definitely is known to have the best reviews for a cheaper product. Click here if you’re looking for a purchase.
- CronusMax: The CronusMax adapter is a little more complicated when it comes to setup. You will need a PC closeby and would need to go over the manual to understand how to set it up. Click here if you’re looking for a purchase.
- Tuner Titan One: While it’s similar to the CronusMax, it offers much more flexibility. It also has around fifty mods to cater to your use. Click here if you’re looking for a purchase.
Recommended mouse and keyboard for Xbox one
When looking for an Xbox One keyboard and mouse, you need to ensure you have the right one compatible with the games. The better your devices are the better your gameplay will be. Here is a list of devices you can look into:
1. Logitech G513 keyboard
The Logitech G513 keyboard has a great build quality as well as a variety of switches. This wired device is considered among the top options for gamers mainly because of its features which include:
- RGB backlighting
- Detachable wrist rest
- Windows Keylock
- Media Hotkeys
2. KLIM Chroma keyboard
Not only is the KLIM Chroma keyboard great with the aesthetics, but it’s also light and comfortable for the users. This not just improves gameplay but significantly reduced strain on your wrists as well. Some of its best features are:
- 20 million keystroke durability
- Trichromatic lighting
- 2 ms responsiveness
3. Razer Turret keyboard
With an amazing compatibility range, the Razer Turret keyboard is specifically designed for use with Xbox. This keyboard is not just about the looks, but offers features that targets different games and enhances performance. Here are some of the features you’ll find:
- Ergonomic wrist-rest
- Actuation reset points
- Compatible with Xbox series X and Xbox One
- Dedicated Xbox Key.
4. Razer Basilisk X mouse
The Razer Basilisk X is a wireless technology built for optimum performance. It’s a mouse that’s considered to be 25% faster and offers gamers an extended battery life through its Bluetooth connection. Some of its best features include:
- 16,000 DPI optical sensor
- 40g Acceleration
- 6 programmable buttons
- 50 million click durability
5. Logitech G502 mouse
The Logitech G502 mouse is not just about looks. This device is specialized for different functions along with ensuring comfortable use. With mechanical switches and rubberized side grips, you’re sure to enjoy a great game. Here are some features that you should know about:
- 25,600 DPI
- 7 ft cable length
- HERO sensor with 40G acceleration
6. Logitech G703 mouse
Logitech G703 mouse is a wireless device built to offer an impeccable gaming experience. With metal springs to ensure the perfect click, it enhances a gamer’s consistency and response. It’s laden with features such as:
- 12,000 DPI resolution
- 1 ms report rate
- 3 profile onboard memory
Now that you know how to use the keyboard and mouse on Xbox one you can enjoy an enhanced gaming experience. Make sure you make a well-informed purchase and you’ll be good to go!