Tired of the printer telling you that your toner level is low? Don’t be worried. This is a simple error that is quite common in MFC- 2710. This can be resolved with the brother MFC toner reset.
A toner counter is built into your Brother Printer to keep track of how many pages each TN-221/TN-225 color cartridge has printed. This is built to let you know when you need to replace the toner cartridge.
The trouble is that the machine often makes a mistake. Because each print job needs different amounts of each color, even if a high number of pages are printed, the toner cartridges may have plenty of toner. This is especially true for individuals who exclusively print in black and white with their Brother MFC.
This issue will only be resolved after resetting the toner counter. Here, you will learn how to rest toner on brother MFC. But before going ahead with that, you need to first check which color cartridges need to have their levels reset.
To check your toner levels for each cartridge, you simply need to press the toner icon level and then press the toner life button. The ones that show an exclamation mark need to be reset.
How to reset toner on brother MFC
Follow the steps listed down below for brother MFC-L2710dw toner reset:
- Open the front cover. A message will pop up saying that the front door is open
- Simultaneously press the “exit” button along with the “clear” button
- Quickly press “clear” again
- You will now see the reset menu. Look for the appropriate toner.
TNR-STD – Select this option if your toner yield is standard (tn-730).
TNR-HC – choose this option if your toner has a high yield, such as tn-760
- Press “ok” after selecting the appropriate toner
- Now press the up arrow. This will make sure that your reset is successful
- Close the front door
- Print away!
- How to Reset Toner on Brother Hl-2270dw
- How to Fix Brother Printer Offline Windows 10?
- What Is the Brother Printer Default Password?
- How to Set up Brother Printer to WIFI
The appearance of a “toner low” message on your display scene is an issue that is often reported by the users of Brother MFC printers. Fortunately for you, the fix is not difficult. Follow the list of instructions mentioned above to quickly and easily solve your problem.