How to Reset the Toner on Brother HL-3170CDW?
Here’s how to reset the toner on Brother HL-3170CDW;
- Switch on your Brother printer and open the printer’s lid.
- You will be able to see all the toner cartridges.
- Now, long press the ‘Secure’ and ‘Cancel’ buttons together.
- A new menu will pop up on the LCD screen.
- Next, press the ‘Up’ or ‘Down’ arrow keys to choose the cartridge you want to reset. (K= Black, M= Magenta, Y= Yellow, and C= Cyan)
- Now select the capacity of the cartridge you want to reset. (STD: Standard Capacity, HC: High Capacity, SHC: Super High Capacity)
- Finally, select the ‘Ok‘ button and then the ‘Up’ button/arrow to reset the toner.
- You will notice an ‘Accepted’ message on the printer’s LCD. It means the Brother HL-3170CDW toner reset process has been completed.
- Now you can close the printer’s lid and print all your important documents.
How to Reset Drum on Brother HL-3170CDW?
You should always reset the drum unit after installing a new drum unit on any printer.
Here are the steps on the Brother HL-3170CDW drum reset process;
- Firstly, switch on your Brother printer and long press both the ‘Up’ arrow key and the ‘Go’ key on the printer’s control panel.
- Now, select the ‘Up’ or ‘Down’ arrow keys to display your drum unit, and then select ‘Ok’.
- Next, press the ‘Up’ or ‘down’ key to choose the color of the drum unit you replaced.
- Press ‘Ok’ to select the respective color you replaced.
- Next, press the ‘Up‘ arrow key to select the ‘Reset’ option and press ‘Ok’ to reset the new drum unit.
By following the above steps, we hope you were able to reset your toner cartridges on the Brother HL-3170CDW.