HP printers are some of the most reliable and good quality printers available in the market. However, technical issues may be experienced by HP printer users, especially in the outdated versions of the devices.
While troubleshooting for possible causes of the error, an option to perform a HP printer hard reset may show up. Are you unsure of how to deal with this issue? This article will bring into the reader’s knowledge what a hp printer hard reset is and how to reset a HP printer.
Hopefully, that will help you to resolve the issue in no time.
How to factory reset HP printer- stepwise tutorial
- The first step to reset HP Printer is to turn off the printer, unplug the cord from the printer and remove the plug from the socket to ensure complete disconnection.
- Next, disconnect USB cables.
- Now press the power button on your printer (make sure to hold the power button for at least 30 seconds)
- Plugin the power cable into the socket and back into the printer.
- Turn on your HP printer. Make sure to install the printer software too.
How To Install Printer Software
- First, go to HP printer official website
- Type in your device details and search the device for your HP printer.
- Press download on your hp printer option that showed up.
- Once the software download finishes, click and open HP easy start.
- Click on the setup and mark the ‘accept all terms and conditions option.
- Click on continue.
- Next, control panel > power button light > on.
- Press connect after clicking on your printer option and click continue.
- The Pc will display your printer name and network SSID
- Take a look at the network SSID to check if it is correct, and click on join.
- If it is incorrect, manually search for the correct one in the list given and press join.
- While this connection is being established, your PC might display that it is temporarily disconnected from the wireless network.
- Once the connection is fully established, click authorize.
- This will help you retrieve the password for your network; you can use this to connect to your printer.
- Now start the installation process by following the details on the screen.
- Select the software to install and press continue.
- When you see the option of enable printing screens, click on ‘add printer’ to set up a print queue.
- On the ‘add windows’ screen, choose your printer and press add.
- Now you can test if your printer is working correctly.
The step-wise method given above to reset the HP printer is very comprehensive and easy to follow. The support team has tried and tested this method for a HP printer hard reset, and many satisfied customers have given good feedback for it.
- How to Find WPS Pin On HP Printer
- How to Reset HP 61 Ink Cartridge
- How to Bypass HP Instant Ink
- How to Fix Ink System Failure on HP Printer
- How to fix HP Officejet 3830 not printing in color
- How to Fix HP Envy 4500 Scan to Computer Error
- How to fix HP printer in error state
While HP printers offer the most seamless printing experience, technical issues will arise from time to time. Fortunately, there are tried and tested solutions for everything. In addition, the HP support team is very responsive and helpful.
Hopefully, this tutorial given above will help you resolve the issue in no time. Otherwise, the HP support team can always be contacted for assistance. Leave your feedback below.