Ways to reset brother printers
If you use your printer regularly, be it for professional or home-based work, and it comes up with problems like sudden cessation of the printing activity,it would be best to consider this error a minor glitch. The Brother printers are free from significant bugs, but the minor ones can irritate you once in a blue moon. Therefore, you must stay prepared!
Many people go for resetting their Brother printers which tend to resolve nearly any concerning error in their printers. There are two ways by which you can perform a reset on your Brother printer to make it work like before again. Following are the two methods for performing Brother printer’s reset;
- Factory reset method.
- Hard reset method.
Factory reset brother printers
Here’s how to factory reset the Brother printer.
- To begin with, you have to make sure that your printer is not currently active; if it is, it would be better to turn it off. In addition, please do not forget to unplug the printer’s cable from the main power outlet.
- Next, you must check all the lids and covers of your printer; they must be closed!
- Now, please take your printer’s power cord and put it back into the main power outlet again.
- Locate the Go button on your printer’s control panel. Once you have found the button, please make sure that you press it for a good long time.
- In addition, you have to press the power button of your printer while you keep holding the Go button.
- You will see your printer will turn on in a while. Please note that while your printer is preparing to proceed, you must keep holding the Go button.
- Once you see the indicators that have stopped flashing on and off, you are good to release the Go button now!
- Next, you have to observe the indicator LED; if it is responsive and reactive, you need to press the Go button again six times in a row!
- The steps mentioned above are how to perform a factory reset on your Brother printer smoothly and quickly!
Hard reset brother printers
Here are the steps to hard reset the Brother printer.
- First of all, you need to ensure the removal of all the cords from your printer. In addition, please remove the main power cord from the main power outlet.
- Please wait for a while before you put all the cords back into the printer and main power outlet.
- Next, you must wait for the cartridges to adjust and align on their own. If you encounter issues like low-quality printed documents, the hard reset of your Brother printer must resolve your problem.
- However, if hard resetting your printer does not satisfy you, it would be best to reset your printer to the default settings, once and for all!
How to reset brother printers to default settings?
Following are the instructions that you need to follow to reset your Brother printer to default settings;
- First of all, you need to locate the Menu button on your Brother printer. Once you have found it, please press the button!
- Next, using the arrow button, please try to find the Initial Setup Option. When you see the mentioned option in front of your screen, please press Ok.
- You have to continue using the arrow button since you need to find the Reset option on your Brother printer. Once you succeed in finding the option, please press Ok.
- As mentioned earlier, there are two types of reset that you can perform on your Brother printer. Therefore, pressing the Reset option will give you two options; hard reset or factory reset. Whether you want to opt for the hard reset or the factory reset, the choice is totally up to you.
- You can make your decision and press Ok to initiate the process.
- How to Fix Brother Printer Not Printing Black
- How to Reset Toner on Brother Hl-2270dw
- How to Reset Toner on Brother MFC
- How to Reset Brother Toner
- How to Reset Brother MFC l2700dw Drum
Without any doubt, the Brother printers do not present with significant errors. However, minor ones can come up with any printer. If your Brother printer has recently started to take pauses while you perform important printing activities on it, there is nothing as such to worry about!
In this article, we have tried our best to summarize the best ways to reset brother printer most efficiently! Hopefully, it will prove helpful!