How to play Xbox 360 games on pc?
Everyone knows Xbox games are not only great but mesmerizing, and if you want the best solution on how to play Xbox 360 games on PC; you have arrived at the right spot!
Here are different methods to play Xbox 360 games on PC:
1. Play Xbox 360 games on PC without emulator
Can I play Xbox 360 games on Windows 10? Yes, the technical innovations and expansion in the gaming industry have made almost everything possible.
Below are the steps to play Xbox 360 games on PC without emulator:
- Simply search Store App in windows 10 or open Microsoft Store on your browser.
- Now type the name of the game you want to play in the search bar.
- You can find the game if it’s available on the Microsoft store.
- Select the game to enter its store page.
- Press “Get” to download for free or, in other cases, for purchasing the game.
The most straightforward method to play Xbox 360 games on pc is to download the games on your system. Most of the time, Microsoft Store helps you get them for free.
Although there are various games in the store, you will find quite a selection of favorite games to play; the Xbox limited titles are not available. If you can’t find your game in the store library, follow the following method.
Also Read: How to connect Xbox to laptop
2. Play Xbox 360 games on PC with an emulator
Are you familiar with an Emulator? Well, let’s have a look at it!
Emulators are computer programs that are developed to simulate another kind of device. Although their services are restricted, they offer customized options and new functionalities.
For example, an Xbox 360 emulator supports various but a limited number of game titles. Please note that emulators have their compatibility and restrictions.
System hardware requirements
You must have a PC with the following configurations to run a smooth game because you cannot run an emulator software on an outdated system:
- A Minimum 2 GHz CPU
- 64 Bit X86 Processor
- RAM: 4GB DDR3 RAM
- Disk Space: 250GB (depends on the game)
The latest standard computers easily meet the criteria and won’t have any problem running Xbox 360 games. In comparison, the graphic requirements can be different for publishers. It is important to remember that Xbox 360 is designed with a custom-made GPU equivalent to the HD 7770 GHz, but a 2 GB or more graphic card will be enough to handle any emulator.
Download and install Xbox 360 emulator
The emulators are exclusively developed to play the most sensational games on Xbox devices on your PC. First, download an Xbox 360 emulator on your PC, but plenty of options are available that also contain malware and viruses. Go through reviews on the internet before choosing and installing any of these emulators.
Here we will describe how to download and install one of the most reliable emulators; Xenia.
- Write http://xenia.jp/ in your browser
- Now go to the download tab in the left menu
- Click on the master on the page.
- The downloading notification will appear, and the process will start automatically
- After completion, go ahead and extract the zipped file content on your hard drive
- Open Xenia Emulator
- Drag and drop the Xbox 360 game files saved to your hard drive on the Emulator window
- The game should automatically start in no time
How to play Xbox 360 games on a PC with a disc?
As a game enthusiast, it is likely you still have the disc’s collection of your Xbox 360 console, and they surely work with the emulator. So let’s see how you can play disc-based games on your PC with Xenia.
- Insert the game disc into the system drive
- Now open the already installed Xenia Emulator
- Here go to files and open
- Browse to the disc section of the windows
- Only the disc-based games will be visible by ISO extension in the emulator
- Choose your game and open
- The game will be loaded and ready to play
How to play Xbox 360 games on a PC without a disc?
The emulator is an advanced and adjusted application that permits you to make most of it without any trouble. If you have a collection of downloaded files of your desired games, you can switch to an emulator and run it on your PC. Follow the mentioned steps:
- Open the emulator
- Go to the File and Open
- Search for the game directory stored in the drive
- Select the game executable or XBLA file
- Click Open, and the game will load on your PC without any delay
Recommended emulator to download
The Emulator offers great features for gamers who want the experience of playing their favorite games on their PC, as Xbox 360 setup is a bit expensive. But if your PC meets the hardware requirement, you surely know how to play Xbox 360 games on a PC with an emulator.
With a variety of good and bad emulators in the market, we have a few recommendations for our readers:
- Xenia Emulator – The best option with up to 90 titles available to Windows 10 supported PCs.
- CXBX Emulator – Converting Xbox games into .exe files but a limit of only 5 Xbox games
- DXBX Emulator – Supports 32-bit PC versions also works well with Xbox One games
- EX360E Emulator – This emulator runs both Xbox 360 and Xbox one games. Grand Theft Auto V is also supported in its latest version.
Xenia is top on the internet with positive reviews, it tops among its competitors for being the most stable and Halo Games supporting emulator and accommodating both disc and executable gaming files with a game-saving option.
Without any doubt, the Xbox series is an infamous console; therefore, we have tried to apprise you with the most convenient and straightforward steps to play Xbox 360 games on PC with and without an emulator.
We hope you won’t have any trouble and enjoy playing games without paying extra for a gaming console.