Undoubtedly, printers have become an essential part of our lives. Be it work at the office or assignments for your school/college, in the current times; we use printers more than ever before. Considering the demand for printers worldwide, different companies like HP, EPSON, etc., have tried their best to introduce efficient printer technology in the market.
Epson printers have gained a significant audience worldwide, be it LaserJet or inkjet printers, owing to their exceptional features that have made printing activities more accessible and quicker. You might not know, but your Epson printer is capable of doing much more than you expect from it.
Understandably, it would annoy you to the core if you have to print a document/s urgently and you find out that your Epson printer runs out of ink. We are not sure about other printers, but your Epson printer would not let you worry about your work since it allows you to continue your printing activity even if the black ink turns empty. In this article, you will learn how to make an Epson printer print even without black ink!
So, without any further delay, let’s get started!
How to print without black ink on Epson?
Let’s picture a scenario where you have to print your college assignment for the following day, and you did not remember the task until your friend called you to remind you. You move to your printer, which is an Epson. You turn the printer and your laptop on to print your assignment. Hang on! You find out that your Epson printer is out of black ink, and you believe that you cannot print the document.
Indeed, such a situation is upsetting, even to imagine. Well, if something similar ever happens with you, please do not panic. You can easily make your Epson printer print without black ink, and that is how you are going to do it;
- Firstly, you have to navigate the control panel and select the ‘devices and printers’ option.
- Next, you have to look for your printer model.
- Once you find your printer, please make a right-click on the icon and see the menu.
- In the drop-down menu, you have to click on ‘properties.’
- Under the properties, you will see the ink set, and please make sure that you click on the ‘color’ option.
- Seeing the black ink cartridge empty, you have to select the ‘color set’ option.
- Please make sure that you click on ‘apply’ to save all the changes you have made.
Following the steps mentioned above helps you print on an Epson printer without black ink, with the help of color cartridges as monochromes. We assume the process is quite simple to follow!
If you are using your Epson printer with PC, then please ensure that you follow the steps as under correctly to print on Epson, even if the black ink runs empty;
- First and foremost, it would be best if you stop the printing activity.
- Next, you have to move to the control panel on your desktop and select ‘devices and printers.’
- Please, find out your printer’s icon.
- When you find your printer’s icon, click on it. Then, move to the ‘quality option.’
- Under the quality option, please check your ‘type settings.’ Make sure that you set it to ‘plain paper.’
- Next, you have to move to the ‘print’ option and then select the ‘grayscale’ option.
- These settings limit your prints on Epson to monochrome only.
- Next, you have to click on ‘ok.’
- If your system supports these modified settings, you will see the monochrome indicator on the monitor, and it ensures that you can continue your work.
If you use your Epson printer through Mac, then you have to ensure that you follow the steps below sequentially, to keep printing on Epson without black ink with the use of monochromes;
- Firstly, as mentioned earlier in the ‘for windows’ section, you have to stop the printing process for a while.
- Please open up the dialogue box once you are in the ‘Epson printer utility.’
- Next, you have to open the ‘driver settings.’
- Please make sure that you make a click on the ‘permit temporary black printing’ option.
- Next, you navigate to the print settings, where you have to select the ‘plain paper’ as type settings.
- Next, you have to select the ‘grayscale’ option.
- Finally, please ensure that you click on ‘ok’ to apply the settings.
- How to Fix Epson Error Code 0x97
- Why Is My Epson Printer Printing Blank Pages
- Why Is My Epson Printer Not Printing Black
- How to Fix Epson Printer in Error State
- How to Fix Epson Printer Error Code 0xf1
- How to Fix a Communication Error on Epson Printer
- How to Bypass Ink Cartridge on Epson Printer?
Beyond any doubt, it would create a nuisance for you if you find out empty ink cartridges in the middle of your printing activity. However, you do not have to worry about it if you own an Epson printer. In this guide, we have tried our best to brief you about how to resume printing on Epson without black ink, using the color cartridges as monochromes on Mac and Windows.
We hope it will prove helpful!