Why jailbreak PS4?
Jailbreaking PS4 was not a piece of cake during the first initial years after its launch, but as a rule of thumb, when a device becomes older, the jailbreak becomes easier.
You may face Sony’s restrictions while downloading and installing certain games or their contents on your PS4, and it is understandable not to appreciate such hindrances towards your enjoyment.
However, jailbreaking PS4 lifts all these restrictions and permits you to install games from USB. Besides, you can also back up your games in the PS4 HDD or External HDD-3.0.
To maximize your gaming experience, we do have a guide for you on PS4 hacks. It will give you extra functionality for your device without any restrictions.
Can you jailbreak PS4?
Yes, you can jailbreak PS4. However, it’s unofficial and costs you warranty.
Jailbreaking means making a few modifications to the system’s software. PS4 users opt for it when they want to download and install games that demand a handsome price, to bypass the payment.
Besides, PS4 jailbreak is available only for versions 6.72 or below. If your console has a higher software version, you would have a tough time jailbreaking PS4.
How to jailbreak PS4?
As mentioned earlier, jailbreaking PS4 for the consoles possessing a software version less than 6.72 is publicly available. However, still illegal and unofficial. Without any further delay, let’s have a look at how you can jailbreak PS4 and what you require for performing it;
Sony has recently launched the 8.03 software version for PS4, and we have already mentioned that it is impossible to jailbreak or hack any latest software. It would be better not to let anyone fool you by providing jailbreak methods for the latest version because that would be a scam!
It would help if you were very careful while starting for jailbreaking PS4 because one wrong file can cost you your console.
For PS4 jailbreak, all you need to have is a USB with at least 1GB free space and your PS4 console that has to be compatible with the custom software. Lastly, you must possess any extraction program for files, like WinRAR.
Since we have covered the basic information about PS4 jailbreaking, let move onto the steps that you need to follow to attempt PS4 jailbreak;
- As mentioned earlier, you can perform PS4 jailbreak on a specific version only, so make sure that your PS4 console has 6.72v or less, or else jailbreaking would not make any sense. You can confirm your PS4’s firmware version from the official website.
Also, your PS4 must match the custom firmware that you would use later on.
- Proceeding on, you have to download the custom firmware file for PS4 jailbreak.
- Using the extraction program that you downloaded earlier, extract the downloaded file.
- Now you have to insert your USB into the system and copy the extracted file into the ‘root’ of USB and not in any other folder.
- Leave your PC and move to your console; make sure you have turned off the console before inserting the USB. Then turn it on and wait for a while.
- Now you have to move to Settings of console>System update>Update through storage media>Proceed. Once you have done this sequentially, it will take 10-15 minutes to install custom firmware.
- Once you have finished following all the steps in the given manner, you will see your console running v3.50 cfw, a custom firmware, that shows that you have jailbroken PS4 effectively. Now you can enjoy downloading your favorite PlayStation games and contents that were restricted earlier.
You can also add up mods, different themes, and other numerous features as you desire!
PS4 jailbreak benefits
Here are the benefits of PS4 jailbreak:
- As mentioned earlier, users prefer jailbreaking PS4 to download the games either for free or at a very low price than usual. It is one of the major merits of jailbreaking your PS4.
- Another amazing permission that it gives is that you can play PS2 or PS3 games on your PS4 after jailbreaking, which is usually not possible otherwise.
- You can customize ROM as per your desire and apply different mods and themes in your games. Without jailbreak, your PS4 console does not support the customization of Rom.
Disadvantages of jailbreaking PS4
Here are the disadvantages of jailbreaking PS4:
- It would be best if you keep in mind that jailbreaking your PS4 costs you the console’s warranty. If you encounter any problem related to the console, Sony’s customer service center will not help you.
- It does not allow you to install new games, and you have to wait until new ones get pirated or look for any other way.
- If you are looking to play online multiplayer games like PUBG, it would be better to brush the thought off because you cannot play online games once you have jailbroken your PS4.
- Accessing the PlayStation network will become difficult. You might get blocked or banned after jailbreaking your PS4.
- How much is my PS4 worth
- Can you use discord on PS4
- How to join PS4 party chat on PC
- How to play PS2 games online
- How to connect PS3 controller on PS4
- How to cancel PlayStation now
Jailbreaking your PS4 may provide you some elite features, but it would be good to keep in mind its consequences that you will need to face later. In this guide, we have tried our best to brief you about PS4 jailbreak, how you can do it, its benefits and demerits, etc., and we hope this will prove helpful!