Discord is one of the most popular apps for video and voice chat while gaming. Are you already familiar with it? Does PS4 have discord? YES! Can you get discord on PS4? ABSOLUTELY! The next question on your mind must be how to use discord on PS4?
If this sounds like you, then stick around with us because this article will guide you all about it. You will also be guided about joining PS4 party chat using PC. Without further ado, let’s get into the details.
What is discord?
Discord is a popular video, voice, and text chatting application used for a variety of niches. Gaming is one of the popular ones. It was gaming that played a primary role in making this app flourish. Using this app, gamers can chat with one another while playing PS4 games. This includes video, audio and text chatting.
Discord is currently available on Windows, macOS, Android, IOS, and Linux too. However, discord on PS4 is yet to be made available and is being worked on. Discord helps make gaming a fun and inclusive experience.
Can you use discord on PS4?
The answer to that question is yes! It is possible simply by signing in via the discord app.
Discord has become so renowned among gamers. Its merits are multiple and endless. Discord is one of the most used apps out there, with its user count in millions. It’s a fantastic platform for good communication with fellow gamers.
It now has the option of adding music bots to make the user experience more fun.
You must already be aware that discord can be installed on PC and smartphones, but to have it available on PS4 consoles would be a win-win situation.
Discord users have been emailing the support team to create an app version that is compatible and available on the PS4 console.
Does that mean that you can currently not access it on the PS4 and need to wait for it?
Not really. If you’re wondering how to get discord on ps4, here’s a simple ps4 hack that you can use.
You should know that while the procedure is simple, it is slightly time-consuming. You may need some additional equipment as well.
NOTE: some additional features such as text formatting and screen share are also available with discord on PS4.
How to use discord on PS4?
Now that we’ve gotten past whether or not you can get discord on PS4, your next question must be how to use discord on PS4. Let’s look at the requirements first.
Accessories for setting up discord for PS4
To use discord on PS4, these are the following equipment one will need:
- A headset that is similar to the A 40 TR headset. It must include an optical cable and USB connection with it. (PS4 Compatible Headphones)
- MixAmp similar to the Mix Amp Pro. This will help you switch audio between your PS4 console and PC.
- Cables. Recommended one is 5 mm Male to male audio cable extension, 3.5 mm Aux Splitter.
- PC or phone with the discord app downloaded.
How to get discord on PS4?
Can you get discord on ps4? OFCOURSE!
Below is a step-by-step guide to doing it:
- Firstly, open the discord application on your PC or phone.
- Next, go to the internet browser on your PS4 consoles.
- In your browser’s URL bar, type ‘discord.com’
- Press ‘ok’ and type in your account details, including account username and password
- Now, log into your discord account.
How to set up discord for PS4?
Below are some steps that you can follow to use discord on PS4. Let’s take a look.
- Locate the optical cables present between your mixamp Pro TR and PS4 that are used for switching audio. Connect them.
NOTE: we can also use a pair of V-Moda crossfades cans or Astro TXD mixamp or anything similar to switch audio between console and PC.
- Next, go to PS4 settings > sound and screen > audio output settings. Change primary output port to digital output (optical cable)
- Use one end of your USB cable and plug it into the base station. Use the other end to connect and link your PC
NOTE: make sure your base station is in PC mode, or else the process won’t work.
- Now, open discord on PC and edit voice settings to switch your input device to MixAmp.
- Use the 3.5mm audio jack with your speaker. Note that this is the recommended one to use.
- Now, return to your audio settings to change the output device to PC speakers.
Following these steps attentively, you can access discord voice chat capabilities on your PS4.
Note that you won’t hear any audio from your PC as the primary audio connection is via your MixAmp Pro TR.
In case you want to access it from your PC, too, all you have to do is connect a 3.5 mm male-to-male audio cable extension between your PC and the AUX port of your MixAmp Pro.
How to join PS4 party chat on PC
Play Station party chat is an incredible feature that allows gamers to connect with their friends and chat conveniently. It makes your gaming experience more fun and interactive.
What is PlayStation party chat?
PlayStation party chat is a feature on discord for ps4 that allows users to connect and chat with their friends. What is fascinating is that you can make use of this feature during gaming or using another app.
Sounds fun? Below are the steps to join the PS4 party chat on PC.
Steps to join PS4 party chat on PC
- Install the software ‘PS4 remote Play’ on your PC
- Log in to your PS4 account on ‘remote play.’
- Turn on your PS4 devices.
- Connect to the Party chat feature on your PC
- Let ‘remote play’ software run in the background.
Is discord on PS4?
YES! Discord is available on PC. Simply by signing in to your account.
Can you get discord on ps4 by downloading it?
No, you cannot download it onto your console, but you can connect it by signing in to the app.
Does ps4 have discord?
Officially, discord is not yet released for PS4, but you can access it by logging in to the discord app using your PS4 browser.
Can you join a PS4 Party chat on PC?
Yes, it is possible to join a PS4 party chat on PC, but proper steps need to be followed. To put it in simple words, you need to download the remote play app (aka.ms/remoteconnect) and run it in the background.
How can I access my PS4 activity on discord?
There is an app called ‘PlayStation discord ‘.It is a third-party app. By downloading and using it, you will be allowed to see your PS4 activity on discord.
Can I talk on discord for PS4?
After downloading Discord for PS4, you need to meet the requirements set to use discord on PS4, and you’re good to go. You can then audio and video chat while playing your game.
- How to Enable Screen Share on Discord Server?
- How to Fix Discord Screen Share No Audio
Discord has not yet been officially available for PS4. It is something that is being worked on. Sooner or later, it will be made available.
It is, however, accessible by following specific steps to install it. These steps may seem difficult to follow through but are worth it.
It has a few pieces of equipment required. These equipment are easy to find and inexpensive, so they are not that big of a burden to get hold of. However, one should be particular about connecting the cables and jacks into the ports properly and following the steps carefully. This way, the gamer can make use of its features and enjoy the whole gaming experience fully.