The famous Discord app has gained immeasurable love and a greater audience over time. It is one of the favorite apps of gamers for communication purposes, and it has made communication easier not only for gamers but people in business as well. The amazing Discord’s features are familiar to everyone, we assume!
On Discord, you can always add an extra bit of fun to your online gaming, and you can share your media with your friends, share your screen with sounds, you can communicate with your friends either through voice chat or video call, as per your desire.
Well, there is a lot more about Discord. However, in this particular article, we will mainly focus on getting someone’s IP address on Discord.
What is an IP address?
An ‘internet protocol (IP) address’ is specific and personal data assigned to each device for identification purposes on the internet. As mentioned, it’s a personalized data that you should not share with anyone else unless needed, and so do people. You can only have someone’s IP address if they share it with you willingly.
However, we are not in favor of getting someone else’s IP address through illegal means.
Does Discord allow sharing of IP addresses?
You can’t obtain a user’s IP address through Discord =]
— Discord (@discord) January 31, 2017
Firstly, it is impossible to get someone’s IP address from Discord legally. Only some treachery would get you someone’s IP address from Discord, which can get you in trouble. You might have come across some unknown links sent to you on Whatsapp, Instagram, Facebook, etc., well these links hack your IP address and other important credentials.
Some hackers can also make a similar link to send to another user on Discord and trick them into getting their IP address from Discord. All it takes is just a single click on the suspicious link sent to you to get your IP address hacked. You can do the similar with someone whose IP address you want badly. However, we highly do not recommend such an act.
Does Discord IP Resolver help get someone’s IP?
Although Discord’s official Twitter handle tweeted, stating that you can never get someone else’s IP from Discord, people would not stop finding different ways to get their tasks done. Would they? Therefore, there are several apps or software on the internet that claim to help you find out someone’s IP smoothly.
Discord IP Resolver is one such tool claimed to help users fetch another user’s IP easily and quickly. However, if you try the resolver, you will realize that there is no such thing as getting someone’s IP address smoothly because the tool has many requirements; one such requirement is that the other user must be online at that particular moment.
We do not advise you to believe in any such tools/apps/software that claims to get you someone’s IP from Discord.
Can you get someone’s IP from discord?
If you wish to find someone’s IP address without having to get yourself in trouble, you can follow the two ways mentioned below. We do not judge why you want someone’s IP address, and maybe you need to trace their physical location if they are online, or maybe you want to build up a secure and trusted connection between two users, heaven knows!
- You can ask another person if you need their IP address. You can google ‘what’s my IP’ and send it to the person. They will copy and paste their IP address and send it back to you.
- If it is not a person but a website whose IP is what you want, we suggest you open the command prompt and type ‘ping’ (space) ‘website’s address’ on the DOS screen and make sure that you press enter.
Is it possible to ban an IP address on Discord?
Well, if you block someone on your Discord, you are indirectly blocking that user with a specific IP address from entering your account. To ban IP on Discord, make sure that follow the steps as under appropriately;
- First and foremost, you need to open the Discord app, be it on desktop, mobile phone, or browser, depending on your convenience.
- To access your server, as usual, you have to log in using your credentials.
- When you are sure that you have logged in to Discord successfully, make sure that you select the server from the left side of the screen where a list should have appeared.
- To ban the particular user, it would be best if you click on the channel they are using at the moment. Clicking on the channel helps you locate the user you want to ban from your Discord server!
- Next, you need to click on the main panel to see if the user that you want to ban from your Discord server enjoys the VoIP channel or not.
- Besides, if you want to find out which members are present at the moment in the text chat channels, make sure you click on them.
- If you find the specific user in any of the channels mentioned above, you need to make a right-click on his/her name to bring up a new menu window.
- The bottom of the menu will show you ‘ban(username),’ make sure you make a left-click on this to bring up another dialogue window.
- The new window wants the confirmation for your earlier action, that if you want to ban the user or not.
- If you wish to ban the user from your Discord, please make sure that you click on ‘ban’ to get your task done right away!
- How to Fix Discord Screen Share No Audio
- How to Fix Discord Awaiting Endpoint
- How to Fix Discord Overlay Not Working Error
- How to Fix Discord Update Failed
Discord is not everyone’s favorite only due to its exceptional features and because it offers great privacy. No one can breach your privacy on Discord in any way. Moreover, you may want someone’s IP from Discord, but you cannot have it unless you ask them personally. This article does not appreciate getting someone’s IP from Discord illegally.
However, we have discussed how you can have someone’s IP from Discord legally. We hope this article will prove helpful!