Is your Epson printer ‘offline’ even though it’s switched on and connected to the Wi-Fi? ‘Epson printer offline is the most common message the users receive even if the printer is working and ready to print documents.
Don’t worry, as we have summarized all the reasons behind this error. Firstly, find out where the problem lies and then look for the solutions given below. Scroll down to find solutions and detailed steps on how to get your Epson printer online on Mac and Windows 10.
Why is my Epson printer offline?
If your Epson printer keeps going offline, it doesn’t mean that you have to buy a new printer. There are multiple reasons behind the ‘Epson printer offline error, and you can resolve it efficiently with some quick troubleshooting. The most common reasons are;
- The printer’s cables and power cords are not plugged incorrectly.
- Internet device not plugged in.
- Poorly installed cartridges.
- Paper stuck in the paper tray of the Epson printer.
- The printer and computer are not connected to the same Wi-Fi.
- Blocked ink cartridge nozzles.
- Outdated printer driver and software.
How to get Epson printer online?
You can get your Epson printer online easily without a costly repair bill. First, start looking for some basic problems such as internet device not plugged in, or defected cables and power cords of the printer. However, if the ‘Epson printer offline error doesn’t resolve with basic troubleshooting, then go for the complicated solutions given below at the end.
Fix 1: Look for simple physical malfunctions
If your computer says the Epson printer is offline, look for any paper jams and remove them. In addition, remove the ink cartridges carefully, clean them with a dry lint-free cloth, and reinstall the cartridges properly. Ensure that the internet device is plugged in properly. Finally, inspect the Epson printer’s cables and power cords and replace the defective cables with new ones.
Fix 2: Restart your printer and computer
This is the simplest solution as restarting both the printer and computer refresh the components needed for the two to communicate. Furthermore, remember to let your printer rest for at least a minute before restarting it. In simple words;
- Turn off your printer, and unplug the power cord.
- Let the printer rest for a minute, and then turn on your printer after plugging in the power cord.
- Finally, don’t forget to connect the printer to the Wi-Fi again.
Fix 3: Use same WIFI for both printer and computer
To print wirelessly, it is necessary that the printer and computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi.
You can check the Wi-Fi network that your printer is connected to from the control panel of your Epson printer.
- Select the ‘network settings‘ function from the printer’s control panel.
- Now press ‘Confirm Network Settings‘ to check the printer’s internet status.
Fix 4: Check ink cartridge nozzle
Clogged cartridge nozzle can prevent you from printing documents. Clean the cartridge’s nozzle by the following steps;
- Go to your printer’s control panel and choose the up or down arrow button.
- Now select ‘Setup’> ‘Okay’ > ‘Printer Head Nozzle check’ > ‘Okay’.
- Use the ‘Start‘ button to print a document. The uniform lines on the printed paper confirm that the nozzles are clean now.
Fix 5: Cancel all current print jobs
Your printer and computer can communicate efficiently by canceling print jobs.
Cancel the print job on Windows 10:
- Select the ‘Start‘ button on your computer and choose ‘Control panel‘. A window will pop up.
- Select ‘Devices and printer‘ in the pop-up window. Right-click on the Epson printer icon that you are using and select ‘See What’s Printing.’
- Now right-click each print job, select ‘Cancel‘, and then ‘Ok‘.
You have successfully canceled all print jobs on windows 10.
Cancel the print jobs on MacOs;
- Go to your ‘Apple‘ menu, click ‘System Preferences, and choose ‘Print and scan‘.
- Click on your Epson printer and select the ‘Open Print Queue‘ option.
- Now choose each print job and select ‘Delete‘.
Fix 6: Manually set your printer online
Sometimes, the issue lies in the computer instead. You have to manually set your printer to online mode on your computer in such a case.
Set your printer online manually on Windows 10:
- Click the ‘Start‘ button on your computer and select ‘Control Panel‘.
- A pop-up window will appear, select ‘Devices and Printers‘ and click on the ‘Printer‘ option present in the top menu of ‘Devices and Printers’ in the pop-up window.
- Now select ‘Use printer Online‘.
Set your printer online manually on MacOs;
- Go to your ‘Apple‘ menu and choose ‘System Preferences.
- Now select ‘Print and Scan‘. If a yellow light is present next to your printer’s name, double-click on your printer’s icon and click ‘Resume‘ from the window.
Fix 7: Choose a default printer
Your computer has a default printer that might not be the current Epson printer that you are using. Therefore, you can’t print as the ‘default’ printer is offline, and your computer doesn’t recognize the current Epson printer.
You can make your current Epson printer as default by the below-given steps;
Set your Epson printer as the default printer on Windows 10:
- Click on the ‘Start‘ button on your computer and select the ‘Control Panel‘ option.
- A pop-up window will appear, choose ‘Devices and Printer‘ in the pop-up window and select your printer from the resulting window.
- After selecting your printer, click on the ‘Open Queue‘ option.
- Now select ‘Set as Default Printer‘ under the ‘Printer’ dropdown.
Set your Epson printer as the default printer on MacOs:
- Choose the ‘Apple‘ menu and click on the ‘System preferences‘ option.
- Now select ‘Print and Scan’ and then the ‘Default Printer‘ option.
- You have to choose your Epson Printer as the default printer, and you are done.
Try out the advanced solutions to get your Epson printer online.
If you have tried the above simple solutions and still your computer says ‘Epson printer offline, try out the last two advanced solutions below to eliminate the offline error.
Fix 8: Reinstall your Printer software
Remove the printer software from your computer and reinstall it. Reinstalling the software can help the computer and printer to communicate from scratch without errors. Most errors will resolve after reinstalling the printer software.
Remove and reinstall a printer on Windows:
- Select the ‘Start‘ button on your computer and select the ‘Control panel‘ option from the list.
- Now choose the ‘Devices and Printers‘ option in the pop-up window.
- Right-click on your printer, and select ‘Remove Device‘.
- Click ‘Add a printer‘ on the ‘Devices and printers’ window and follow the on-screen commands to reinstall the printer.
Remove and reinstall a printer on MacOS:
- Go to your ‘Apple‘ menu, select ‘System Preferences‘ and ‘Print and Scan“.
- Right-click anywhere in the ‘Print and scan’ window and choose ‘Reset Printing System‘. This will remove all errors and print jobs from your computer.
- Now select ‘Add printer or Scanner‘ and choose your printer. Follow the on-screen commands to reinstall your printer.
Fix 9: Update the Printer Driver
Download the newest driver for your printer by following the steps given below;
- Go to the Epson support page and find your printer by typing the name in the search bar.
- Select your printer and scroll down to the ‘Downloads‘ tab.
- Open the ‘Driver‘ dropdown to download the newest driver.
- Open the driver once it’s downloaded and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
However, if nothing works, you can visit the Epson support center for additional help.
You can get your Epson printer online on mac and Windows without additional assistance from tech experts. Always begin by looking for the basic problems such as defective cords and blocked ink nozzles. We hope that you can now get rid of the ‘Epson printer offline error on windows and mac without any difficulty.