Here’s how to diagnose the ‘Epson printer with low ink’ issue.
- In the control panel section, go to ‘printers and devices’
- There will be a list of available printers. Select your printer.
- You need to right-click on your printer, Epson. Now go to the drop-down menu.
- In the drop-down menu, click on properties.
- In the ink set, click on ‘colors.’
- Now press on ‘apply changes’ and then on ‘update the settings’
- You need to delete the printer queue list on your computer and press ‘Epson printer utility
- Once you click on ‘Epson printer utility, press ‘permit temporary black printing.’
- In the print options, choose ‘grayscale.’
- Click ok, and a monochrome setting on your screen will appear.
- In the end, don’t forget to run a test printing
- This will let you know whether low printing is an issue with your Epson printer.
How to force Epson printer to print with low ink?
Here are the steps to force the Epson printer to print with low ink.
- Turn on the power button. This will turn on your Epson printer. Now load papers into the paper tray.
- Next, connect your Epson printer to your computer/PC.
- Now you need to open the ink cartridge door and pull out the ink cartridge with low ink.
- Take the cartridge out, shake it a bit, and put it back in again.
- Now to force start Epson with low ink, from the start menu, go to ‘printers and devices‘
- Under ‘printers and devices,’ look for your Epson model of printer.
- Click on the Epson printer model and go over to the drop-down menu.
- In the drop-down menu, go to properties and select color in the ink set.
- Click on apply changes. This will save the changes.
Follow these steps to force the Epson printer to print with low ink for Windows.
- First of all, clear out and cancel any printing queue.
- In the start menu, click ‘printers and devices’
- In the available list of printers, look for your available printer, Epson.
- Make sure to click on the quality option and plain paper in the ‘type of paper’ section.
- Press click on the print option and select grayscale. Click ok and then apply.
- When the monochrome setting is indicated, save the changes.
- Now run a test printing. This will indicate whether a low printing is displayed.
Here are the steps to force the Epson printer to print with low ink for Mac.
- For Mac, again, cancel all printing queues.
- Next, click on ‘printers and scanners .’ In the list, look for your Epson printer in the available list.
- In the Epson printer utility, click on driver settings.
- Now click on ‘permit temporary black printing.’
- Go back to print settings.
- Under the type of paper option, choose plain paper.
- Next, click on the print option and select ‘grayscale.’
- In the end, press ok and run a printing test. This will help you check whether low printing is the issue affecting your printer.
For some reason, if the above steps do not work for you, you should remove the ink cartridge. Now cover the ink cartridge door with some labels and tapes to seal it off properly. Now install the ink cartridge again.
Now you need to rerun a printing test to check whether or not low printing is indicated on your printer.
- How to Fix Epson Error Code 0x97
- How to Fix Epson Printer Error Code 0xf1
- How to fix Epson printer not printing black
- How to fix Epson printer printing blank pages
- How to print without black ink on Epson
- How to bypass ink cartridge on Epson printer
While Epson Printers are lauded for their quality printing and easy-to-handle technicalities, a printer with low ink is an inevitable problem. Therefore, it is always best to keep a check on the ink cartridge beforehand. Hopefully, this article has helped you understand the issue and forced Epson to print with low ink.
The tips and tricks given above are sure to help you solve the problem in no time.