What are the reasons behind the Epson error 0x9A?
A lot of users face the Epson 0x9A error even though the Epson printer is well known for its efficient printing. Let’s start the article with the reasons behind the Epson error 0x9A and then move toward fixing the error.
There are various reasons behind the 0x9A error code. There can be a problem with the printer or computer.
Following are the possible reasons behind the Epson printer error code 0x9A:
- Obstruction in the carriage is caused by stuck paper bit or debris after a paper jam.
- Cracked, bent, or damaged rails.
- Damaged system files due to incomplete installation, a virus attack, not shutting down your PC correctly, not removing hardware properly, etc.
- Misconfiguration of certain system files in your Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Obstruction in the printer cartridge.
- A displaced purge assembly
- A displaced wiper
- Faulty encoder strip
- New carriage not recognized by the printer
- Outdated carriage.
- Lousy sensor with/without a malfunctioning belt
- Clogged Print-head
- Faulty control board
- Missing important applications.
You can fix the 0x9A error by resolving the reasons given above automatically or manually.
How to fix the Epson error code 0x9A?
You can choose whether to fix the Epson error 0x9A manually or automatically as per your convenience. Apply any one of the following troubleshooting procedures to print smoothly.
- Manual method
- Automated method.
Here are the steps to fix Epson error code 0x9A:
1. Manual method
- Firstly, turn off your printer.
- Now open the front cover or the back cover of your printer.
- Check for any stuck papers, pins, or any other foreign material and remove it.
- You can also lift the lid to see if the carriage is moving. If the carriage is not moving, move it manually.
- You need to blow the compressed air inside the compartment in order to remove all the dirt, debris, or stuck foreign material,
- You also need to inspect and clean the encoder strip with a dry lint-free cloth.
- Uninstall the printer from your system and reinstall it. This will fix all the errors.
- Another method is to long-press the power key on the printer for more than a minute and plug in the power cord.
- Now turn on your printer by long-pressing the power key on the printer for a minute.
- Lastly, release the power key on the printer to see if the error persists or not. This method is the most efficient of all as it works most of the time.
After following the above-given solutions, the error 0x9A will go away. In case it does not, try the automated method to fix the error.
2. An automated method
- You need to restart your computer and log in as an ‘Administrator’. Remember, you might need to enter the system password.
- Now select the ‘Start’ option on the system and click ‘All Programs’.
- Select the ‘Accessories’ > ‘System Tools’ > ‘System Restore’
- Now you need to click on the ‘Restore my computer to an earlier time’ option in the new window that appeared on the screen and hit ‘Enter’.
- Once the restoration process is complete, you can restart your system and printer after waiting for two minutes to let it settle.
- Finally, print a sample document to see if the error is resolved or not.
You can also automatically fix the printer error if the above methods don’t work.
How to fix the Epson error 0x9A automatically?
You have to download and install a Repair Utility Tool to fix the Epson printer error 0x9A automatically.
- Go to your web browser and search for the Epson Printer Error code 0x9A repair software.
- Now you have to download the Epson printer Error code 0x9A utility tool from a secure and trusted web link.
- You can save the setup file on your desktop for quick access.
- Click on the setup file on your desktop and install the software by following the on-screen instructions.
- Open the repair utility tool after installing it successfully and click on the ‘Scan’ option to begin with the scanning process.
- Once the scanning/installing process is complete, click on the ‘Fix Error’
- Restart your PC once the fixing process finishes.
You can now print a sample document to check if the error has been resolved or not.
Frequently asked question
How do I get my Epson Printer out of error mode?
You can follow the below-given solutions to get your Epson printer out of the error mode.
- Disable the offline printer feature and ensure your printer is online and connected to a stable network.
- Set the Epson printer as your default printer.
- Clear all print jobs
- Update your old and faulty printer driver.
With our troubleshooting guide, you can fix the Epson error code 0x9A like a pro. In order to prevent the error from occurring in the future, always keep your printer driver updated and close your PC correctly every time you want to switch it off.