What does error 103 mean on Roblox?
Many people ask, ‘Why can’t I play certain Roblox games on Xbox?’. It is because of the Error 103.
Here are some causes behind the Roblox error code 103;
- Age-restricted account/Date of birth issue: The commonest cause for the Roblox error 103 is the date of birth problem. The privacy settings block 13 years younger children’s accounts if they are accessed without specified permissions. This reason is mostly on Xbox rather than on Windows, macOS, and Android.
- NAT issue: NAT issue is related to the port settings on the router. You can fix the Roblox error 103 by modifying the UPnP.
- Firmware Glitch: The Xbox console stores temporary data on the RAM whenever you play on Roblox. The Xbox console confuses the temporary data with the original game files resulting in the error 103.
- Privacy problems: A child account has an added layer of security. If you are using a child Roblox account, some content by other users is blocked for safety. This can be prevented by allowing the ‘Content from other people
- Game installation went wrong: If the game is not installed properly, Roblox can become unavailable. Try reinstalling the specific game.
Mostly the Roblox error 103 is faced by Xbox users. You have a poor wi-fi connection if you receive the same error code on your PC.
How to fix Roblox error code 103?
Before going through the guide for solving the Roblox error, download the latest version and update your Roblox. Sometimes the Roblox app can cause the problem.
Below are some ways which can fix your Roblox 103 error;
1. Create a new account with a date of birth older than 13 years
As described above, the commonest cause of error 103 is age restricted account. So, the first solution is to create a new account with a date of birth above 18 years. If you create an account with an age below 13 years, your account will be blocked.
Here are the steps to create a new account to fix error 103 on Roblox;
- Select the Sign-up button on the top right corner of the Roblox page.
- You will be asked to enter your details. Put your birthday that’s above 18 years old.
- Now enter all other login details and select the ‘Sign-up’ option present below to confirm.
- Verify your Roblox account by following the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, you can register your Roblox account on the Xbox One by choosing the ‘Sign in as your Roblox account‘ option.
- See if the error persists.
2. Enable the ‘content from other people’ setting
Using a child’s Roblox account, you must enable the ‘Content from other people’ setting to fix the error 103.
Here’s how to enable the ‘Content from other people’ setting.
- Turn on your Xbox One, log in to your Parent account, and select the ‘My games and apps.
- Go to the ‘Settings‘ menu, and click on the ‘Family.’
- Now select the ‘Child account’ option and choose the account with the error 103.
- Next, go to the ‘Privacy’ menu and select the ‘Custom‘ option to modify the Privacy preferences.
- Select the ‘See content other people make’ option and choose the ‘Allow.’
- Hit the ‘save‘ option and then reboot your Xbox one.
- Finally, sign in using the child Roblox account and see if the Error code 103 persists.
3. Solve the port forwarding problems
NAT (Network Address Translation) is a feature of your internet settings used by Roblox as Roblox is an online multiplayer gaming platform.
Sometimes the disabled UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) setting of your internet causes the Roblox error 103. You must change the UPnP settings to fix the port forwarding problems.
Here are the steps to solve the port forwarding issue;
- Turn on your computer, open the browser, and type in one of the IP addresses to access the router’s settings. (IP 1: 192.168.1.1) (IP 2: 192.168.0.1)
- A login page will be opened. Login by entering your login details. If this is your first time, input ‘admin’ as your username and ‘1234’ as the password.
- After you have logged in, select the ‘Advanced‘ menu and choose the ‘NAT Forwarding.’
- Find the UPnP setting and enable it.
- Finally, save all the changes, reboot your Xbox, and play a game on your Roblox account to check if error 103 has been resolved.
4. Perform power cycling
If the above procedures don’t fix the error code 103 on Xbox, it means temporary data stored on the Xbox RAM is causing the error. You can perform a power cycling process that will eliminate all the bugs.
Here’s how to power cycle your Xbox One;
- Turn on your Xbox and ensure it’s in idle
- Long-press the Xbox button for 15 seconds until the LED light turns off and you hear the fans turning off.
- Your console must be powered off. Remove all the power cables from the power outlet and Xbox. Now, wait for a minute.
- Plugin the power cables after a minute and turn on the Xbox
- Wait for the startup to complete.
- Once the startup has been completed, open the Roblox account on your Xbox to see if Error 103 persists.
(If the startup animation lasts longer than 5 seconds, the power cycling procedure was successful.)
5. Final fix: Reinstall the game
If none of the above fixes have worked, the bad game installation is causing the Roblox error code 103. Unfortunately, the only way to fix the error is to reinstall the game.
Here’s how to reinstall the game on Roblox;
- Turn on the Xbox and find the ‘My games and Apps’
- Now scroll down through the installed app and games list and find the ‘Roblox‘ option.
- Select the ‘Roblox’ option, press the ‘Start‘ button, and choose the ‘Manage game’ option from the menu.
- You must select the ‘Uninstall all’ option present on the right of the menu.
- Reboot your console and wait for the startup to complete once the ‘uninstall all‘ process completes.
- Finally, insert your physical media or access the digital library, and reinstall Roblox and your games to check if the Roblox error 103 is still present.
6. Additional fix for the Roblox error 103
If none of the above fixes work, you can always use the ‘Restore Repair’ tool, which replaces the corrupt and missing files.
Frequently Asked Question
How to fix error code 103 on Roblox?
Here are the steps to fix the Roblox code 103;
- Create a new account on Roblox (age 18 and above)
- Allow the ‘Content from other people’ setting on a child’s account.
- Fix the port forwarding issue on the router.
- Perform power cycling.
- Reinstall the games on Roblox.
- Use a Restore Repair tool.
We hope that you were able to fix the Roblox error code 103, which is mostly caused by the age-restriction account. Always begin by making an account with a date of birth above 13 years. You can even perform a power cycling process to eliminate all the bugs.