What does Sony say about ps5 error ce-10005-6?
Sony has confirmed that the PS5 error ce-10005-6 shows up when you insert a Disc in your PS5 to install a game and there was a problem in reading the disc.
Understandably, you would not want to have hurdles while trying to install your favorite game on PS5. But, the error ce-10005-6 on Ps5 has all the powers to let you not do it! However, we have got enough fixes for you to get rid of the error at the earliest!
Why does the PS5 error code ce-10005-6 occur?
Encountering the PS5 error ce-10005-6 is quite unpleasant since you cannot download and install your desired game. But we have always got your back! A quick dust removal or change of position of the console helps with fixing the error, but at times, it might become a headache.
To rectify any problem, it would be great if you reached the root cause from where it originates.
Below are the reasons which causes ps5 error ce-10005-6:
- An unstable or slow internet connection must be the first thing to pop up in your mind when you see the error ce-10005-6 on your screen.
- A damaged disc can be the culprit.
- If there is no storage left on your PS5, you won’t be able to download more games.
- You may want to check PSN servers as well; they are sometimes not working.
How to fix ps5 error code ce-10005-6?
Presumably, you now know what the PS5 error ce-10005-6 means and why it shows up. If you have encountered the same error on your PS5, we know you would want to get it fixed eagerly! Since many gamers report having error ce-10005-6 on their PS5, we have easy and quick fixes for you.
Here are the steps to fix ps5 error code ce-10005-6:
1. Power cycling your PS5
Power cycling a console often helps with solving many errors, let alone the PS5 error code ce-10005-6. Being a regular console user, you may know how to perform a power cycle on your PS consoles. Still, we will throw a light on how to power cycle your PS5 so that you can recall it and apply it;
- All you need to do is press and keep holding the power button of PS5 for a while until you no longer see the LED light lit up.
- Next, make sure that you unplug all the cables from the console.
- The reason for performing the power cycle is to drain all the power from your PS5 so that it can have a fresh start.
- Please note that power cycling does not harm your stored data.
- You have to wait for 15-20 minutes before you reconnect everything and see if the issue resolves!
2. Try cleaning up your PS5
Cleaning up does not always mean that you have to open up a device and clean its insides. At times, when your PS5 shows up with weird errors, you can try the basic fixes. Cleaning the dust from your PS5’s surface and ports is one of those essential and simple fixes which help a lot!
If you have a soft fiber cloth, you are good to go! Please make sure that you clean the disc drive and vents of your PS5 gently.
3. Restart your WIfi router
Mostly, restarting your Wi-Fi router resolves many problems with your console. Slow signal transmission between your PS5 and router may be responsible for why you cannot download your game from the CD.
Besides, restarting/power cycling your router is one of the most straightforward fixes you can perform at the expense of nothing.
All you need to do is;
- Turn your router entirely off.
- Then, unplug all the cables from the router.
- Please make sure that your router does not have any connection with the main switch.
- Please wait for a few minutes and put everything back in its place.
4. Try restarting your PS5 in safe mode
Having your PS5 in a safe mood fixes many errors in one go! Let’s see how you can reboot your PS5 in safe mode;
- Firstly, you need to turn off your PS5 entirely by pressing the power button.
- Next, to turn on your PS5 in safe mode, you will press and hold the power button until you hear the 2nd beeping sound.
- Moving on, you will need a DS controller. To pair the controller with your PS5, you will need to press the PS button on the controller.
- Your PS5 will require you to select ‘restart PS5’ and press the X button on the controller.
- Please wait for a while to have your PS5 in safe mode. Also, you may get redirected from where you started, which would mean the problem still exists.
5. Clean up the unnecessary occupied storage
If you see the PS5 error ce-10005-6 while trying to install a game via CD, you must look for the storage space available on the console. It is not the disc or anything else responsible but the storage space.
All those apps and games that you don’t use anymore should not exist on the console, and it would be great if you deleted them.
Once you have a considerable space available on your console, please try downloading the game again and see if the error persists!
6. Check the psn servers’ current status
Checking the status of PSN servers saves your valuable time that may invest in fixing the error with other mentioned solutions. It is not a hard and fast rule, but you must check your internet connection at first. Whenever an error occurs with your PS5, you must check the PSN status.
Let’s have a look at how to check the PSN servers’ status;
- Firstly, navigate to the PSN servers status page.
- You will need to see the service status.
- Please wait for a while. If there is a problem, it will require some time to get fixed.
- Once your wait is over, you must check for system software updates.
7. Approach the PS support
The solutions mentioned above should be able to resolve the PS5 error code ce-10005-6. However, if these fixes fail to entertain you, you can contact the PS support through Sony’s official webpage.
Though it is pretty time-consuming to report a complaint and wait for a response, it is one of the most reliable solutions.
The PS5 error code ce-10005-6, also famous for the PlayStation disc error, is quite bothersome since it does not let you download any game. Therefore, to eliminate the error, we have tried our best to provide you with easy-to-do fixes.
In addition, we have also tried to explain what the error means and why it shows up. Hopefully, this article will prove helpful for the readers!