Why the PS5 controller won’t connect to PC?
Before we move on to how to fix the PS5 controller not connecting to the PC, let’s discuss what are the factors that causes your PS5 controller won’t connect to PC.
- A malfunctioning PS5 controller can be the culprit for why your PS5 controller is not working on PC.
- Bluetooth problems in your PC or the PS5 controller.
- At times, the USB ports in your PC/laptop are weary or dusty.
- Moreover, a damaged USB cable also creates problems.
- Outdated firmware on any device may be troublesome.
- Lastly, hardware issues with your PS5 controller can be another reason.
How to fix the PS5 controller not connecting to the PC?
Mostly you will see that your PS5 controller won’t connect to the PC. It is widespread that PC games are not compatible with a PS5 controller or any other PS controller, but there is always a way to have what you want!
Here are the steps to fix your PS5 controller not working on PC problem:
1. Perform a reset on your PS5 ds controller
Ideally, a few PC games allow you to use your PS5 controller on the PC with Windows 10. But, if you come across a situation where you connect the controller with a PC, and it won’t work. You can try One of the fixes that includes resetting your controller;
- Firstly, you have to turn off your PS5 console.
- Then, turn your PS5 controller upside down and look for the L2 button.
- Near the L2 button, you will see a tiny hole, for which you will need a needle.
- Use a tool with a prominent tip to press and hold the button inside the hole for a while.
- A long press and hold of the button reset your PS5 controller.
- Once you have successfully performed the hard reset, you can try connecting the controller to the PC and check if it works.
2. Forget and reconnect your PS5 controller
On your PC, you can make some changes through settings and ensure no connection exists between the controller and PC. Later, you can try to reconnect your PS5 controller to the PC and see if it works. Let’s have a look at how to perform this solution;
- First, please navigate to the ‘settings’ on your PC and then ‘devices.’
- Once you are in the devices, make sure you move to ‘Bluetooth devices.’
- Next, you will select the ‘DualSense’ option.
- You will need to press the ‘options’ button on your PS5 controller and select ‘forget device.’
- The ‘forget device’ option ensures that your PS5 controller has no connection with the console or PC.
- Now, you will need to pair your PS5 controller again.
- You have to ensure your PS5 console is turned off.
- Using a USB cable, you will connect the controller with the console and turn it on.
- After turning on the console, press the ‘PS’ button on the controller to repair it.
- If you have successfully carried out the steps mentioned above, your PS5 controller must function normally afterward!
3. Try using a different USB cable
When you see that your PS5 controller is not working on a PC, the USB cable is responsible! When you have regularly used the same cable for years, it may become weary and lose its functionality. Therefore, we suggest you connect your PS5 controller to the PC using a new USB cable. Besides, a new USB cable belongs to the ‘easy-on-pocket’ solution.
4. Try restarting your PS5 console
You can consider the ‘restarting’ solution as a cliché in tech since it resolves several issues without you having to hustle much.
- Firstly, you need to turn off your PS5 console.
- Next, please detach all the cables concerned with your console.
- Please wait for a few minutes until you reconnect everything.
5. Recheck the Bluetooth device
Another easy way to fix the PS5 controller not connecting to the PC issue is to recheck the Bluetooth devices. All you need to do is turn off and on the Bluetooth on your PC and reconnect the controller. Here’s how you can do it;
- Firstly, navigate to the ‘settings’ on your PC and open the ‘Bluetooth & other devices.’
- Next, you will need to turn off the Bluetooth and turn it on again!
6. Install your PS5 controller (Bluetooth) On your PC
To install your PS5 controller on a PC (Bluetooth), you must follow the steps given below;
- First, you will need to run the DS4 Windows program.
- Next, you will need to right-click on ‘Bluetooth device’ to add another device to the system tray.
- You will need to connect the Bluetooth dongle to your PS5 controller.
- Further, please press the PS and Share button on the controller for a few seconds until you see the LED light blinking twice.
- Next, move on to ‘wireless controller’ and use the built-in Bluetooth device on your PC.
- If you see the LED light being steady on the controller, your controller is all set to use on the PC.
7. Install your PS5 controller in steam on the PC
To install your PS5 controller on a PC, you need to follow the steps given below;
- Make sure you open the steam client on your Windows PC.
- Next, navigate the ‘settings’ and open the ‘controllers’ tab.
- Now you will open the ‘general controller settings’ tab, where you will log into your account and register your device.
- Next, you will set the joysticks and related stuff.
- To assign the PS5 controller to your PC game, you must choose the ‘PS configuration support’ from the menu.
8. Troubleshooting Bluetooth
You can run a Bluetooth troubleshooter when all else fails to fix your PS5 controller not working on the PC. However, it works only for the controllers that connect to a PC via Bluetooth. Let’s see how you can run the troubleshooter on Windows 10;
- Navigate to ‘settings’ on your Windows 10.
- Next, open ‘update and security.’ Then, select ‘additional troubleshooters.’
- You will click on ‘Bluetooth’ and ‘run the troubleshooter.’
In this article, we have tried our best to provide you with relevant information regarding your PS5 controller that won’t connect to the PC and how you can fix it. We have discussed multiple methods to help you improve the ‘PS5 controller not working on PC’ problem. Hopefully, it will prove helpful!