Why is my PS5 controller won’t connect to the system?
Understandably, if your PS5 DS controller fails to connect to the console, you would find it bothersome. Well, we suggest you not panic! First of all, you must trace the root cause of the problem, and it would be great if you found the cause of why your PS5 controller not connecting to the system.
Let’s have a look at a few reasons that do not let your PS5 controller sync to the PS5 console;
- Sometimes, if any Bluetooth devices are functional in the vicinity of your PS5 console or controller, it will lead to the PS5 controller ‘not connecting to the system’ problem.
- There is a possibility that another device has paired up with the controller.
- Also, you would not want to miss the battery status of your PS5 controller.
- Hardware problems with your PS5 controller may also not allow it to connect to the console.
- If there is any objective hindrance between the console and the controller, your PS5 controller won’t sync to the PS5 system.
- You might have missed updating the software on your PS5 console.
- The USB ports full of dirt might be a problem if you have a wired controller.
How to fix the PS5 controller not connecting?
PS5 controller giving its users a hard time to function smoothly, at times, is not surprising! Many gamers have reported the problem when their PS5 controller won’t connect or sync to the PS5 console.
Here are the methods to fix the PS5 controller that won’t connect to the console.
Fix 1. Check for problems with the USB-c cable or the port
When you come across the problem where your PS5 does not connect to the PS5 console, the first thing that may come to your mind is the USB cable or its port. The issue may lie within the console’s port or the controller’s. You can follow the steps given below to check if your PS5R controller cannot sync due to USB cable or port issues;
- Firstly, pick the USB cable and connect one end to the console while the other to the controller. Please check the ends of the cable for any damage.
- Next, it would help if you checked the condition of the port. You can take a cotton cloth and clean it if you see dirt.
- Once you have taken care of the USB ports, you can try connecting your controller with the cable with your PS5.
- The steps mentioned above should help you fix the PS5 controller not connecting to the console. However, you can also try a cable from your Android systems and see if the issue resolves.
Fix 2. Try turning off Bluetooth devices in the vicinity
To ensure that it is not the Bluetooth signals that are culprits for why your PS5 controller is not connecting to the system, you can try turning off the devices in the vicinity. Once you turn off the devices near your controller, there will be no hindrance between your console and the controller.
Fix 3. Check the battery status of your PS5 controller
The battery status of your PS5 controller holds a significant value. If you encounter a problem where the ps5 controller won’t connect to the ps5 console, you must check the battery level first.
If you have been using your PS5 controller for a long time, you can try replacing the battery since it might have worn out secondary to regular use.
Fix 4. Try updating your PS5 controller
Before you move on to other fixes like resetting the controller or power cycling the system, you must try the more straightforward fixes that do not cause any harm. Similarly, you can also try another simple fix like updating your PS5 controller, and see if it gets you rid of the problem;
- Firstly, you have to turn off the Wi-Fi to disconnect your PS5 system successfully from the internet.
- Please note that you can disconnect the system through settings as well.
- Once you have disconnected the PS5 from the internet, please navigate to the ‘system’ section and select ‘date and time.’
- Next, select ‘set manually.’
- You will set the date to a day earlier and move to select ‘ok.’
- Next, you need to restart the console.
- When the console turns on, there is a ‘wireless controller device software’ page on your screen with instructions to follow.
- Further, you will need to select ‘update now.’
- Once you follow the steps mentioned above, you will be able to update your PS5 controller manually.
Fix 5. Check if the power cycle resolves the problem
Power cycling helps you troubleshoot many problems when it comes to consoles and controllers. You can also try power cycling your PS5 and see the PS5 controller ‘not’ connecting to the console error resolves. Let’s have a look at how you can power cycle your PS5;
- First, you need to turn off your PS5 console by holding the power button for 10 seconds.
- Next, you will need to make sure that you remove the power plug from the console.
- You have to make sure that no power remains within your PS5 console; hence, you must press and hold the power button multiple times.
- Please wait for a while before you connect everything again, and see if the PS5 controller not connecting to the system problem resolves!
Fix 6. Get the latest firmware for your PS5
Whenever there are any software updates for your PS5 system, everything takes place automatically. However, it would be no harm if you check and update the firmware of the console to the latest version;
- Firstly, you have to ensure that your PS5 has a smooth internet connection.
- Next, you will need to navigate to ‘settings,’ ‘system software,’ then ‘system software update and settings.’
- Finally, you will move to ‘update system software.’
- Your PS5 system will take a few minutes to check if any software updates are available. Therefore, please be patient!
Fix 7. Reset your PS5 controller – the last call
If none of those mentioned above fixes help you get rid of the PS5 controller not connecting to the system issue, unfortunately, you are left with resetting your controller only!
However, resetting your PS5 controller will resolve the problem, so let’s see how you do it;
- Firstly, you must disconnect your PS5 controller from everything, like a charging outlet.
- There is a tiny button on the back of the controller, which is purposefully used for resetting the controller.
- You will need a toothpick that you insert into the reset button.
- Next, you have to push and hold the reset button on the controller for a while.
- You will see that your PS5 controller will restart, and hopefully, the problem will be resolved.
It is unfortunate to witness your PS5 controller not connecting to the PS5 system. However, though it might be a little bothersome to fix it, it is quite a common problem and easy to settle. In this article, we have tried our best to provide you with relevant information regarding why your PS5 controller cannot sync to the system and how you can fix the issue quickly!
Hopefully, it will prove helpful!