How to fix PS4 Lan cable not connected?
To understand how to fix ‘PS4 lan cable not connected’ issue, one needs to know where it stems from, i.e., what causes it. There are various causes of the issue.
Some gamers have faced the issue when they installed a new version of the firmware. Others faced this issue when connected to a weak or unstable Ethernet cable.
Check out our another guide on how to fix PS4 controller disconnecting problem.
Here are the methods to fix the PS4 lan cable not connected:
Halfway Lan cable insertion
This method will work for you If your PS4 LAN port is damaged. Insert the LAN cable into the port. Before you select ‘click,’ wait for the PS4 to detect cable.
Your router needs a reboot
This is a solution that is both simple and equally effective. Most of the time rebooting router solve PS4 internet connection.
- First of all remove the power cable from the router. Put it back again after 10 seconds.
- This will initiate the reboot. Wait for your router to reboot, and then follow along with the steps given below.
- Go to settings> network> set up internet connection> select use a LAN cable.
- Now select ‘easy,’ and it will show ‘internet settings updated’ notification.
Note: if this solution fails to work out, try restarting the router and PS4 console.
Edit DNS settings on PS4
DNS stands for Domain name system. If you replace your DNS with Cloud flare or Google’s DNS, it can help resolve the issue. This will also help you to improve network speed. Below is a step-by-step tutorial.
- Head over to settings> network> setup network connection
- Select LAN cable
- Select custom
- Select ‘automatic IP address settings.’
- Do not pick a specific DHCP hostname.
- Below DNS settings, select ‘manual.’
- Primary DNS is 220.127.116.11, secondary DNS is 18.104.22.168
- Under MTU settings, select ‘automatic.’
- select ‘ proxy server: do not use’
- Now check your internet connection to see if PS4 lan cable connection has been resolved.
Establish a static IP address on PS4
If the solution above does not work for you, try this to solve the ‘lan cable not connected’ issue. Switching up your static IP address may be the solution for you.
A static IP address is similar to a dynamic IP address in that when the router is restarted, and it will not be changed as it is permanent. You need to change your PS4 local IP address.
Here’s a step by step tutorial on how to do it:
- First , go to settings > network > view connection status
- Note down the IP address, along with the subnet mask, default gateway. Then go back.
- Click on setup internet connection> use a LAN cable
- Select ‘custom’ then ‘manual’ on the next screen.
You now have to add your IP address. It doesn’t have to be the exact number. The first three digits must be the same, but the last three digits may be added on your own and have to be chosen from 2-255. Once, IP address has been added, add your Subnet mask and then, getaway which you copied earlier.
- MTU : automatic
- PROXY SERVER:DO NOT USE
Check if your internet connection is successful. Now try linking the LAN cable. It should pair successfully now. Your PS4 will be able to detect it.
Rebuild your database
You can try rebuilding your database to fix PS4 won’t connect to the lan issue. Depending upon the data stored within the drive, this may take up to 1 hour. Here’s how to do it:
- First, when the PS4 is off, press down on the power button for around 10 seconds. When you hear the second beep, your console will open up in safe mode.
- Link your PS4 console to a USB cable. ( you may use a USB charging cable here)
- On your controller, press down on the Play Station button.
- Using the D-button, scroll down and click on ‘rebuild database.’ Click on the X button for that.
- Please wait for it to complete.You will then see a loading screen and then a home screen.
Next, sign in to your Play Station account, and then using a LAN cable, connect your PS4.In case the games you purchased aren’t there in your library, and restore them using these steps.
Note: you must log in via your PlayStation account.
Head to settings> account management>restore license and hit the restore button.
Hacks to try if all else fails
If the solutions given above did not manage to fix the PS4 lan cable not connected issue for you, there’s no need to give up. Here are some solutions that you can try that may work for you. Do leave us feedback once you try these to figure out which one works for you.
- In case you are using CAT 6 or 7 LAN cable, you may use CAT 5 cable to resolve the issue.
- Try using another port with your router.
- Switch to another router. If you can’t do that, try switching to another NAT router configuration.
- The issue might be dust in the Ethernet port, so try getting rid of that.
- The Ethernet port may be bent underneath something.
- You may also try to change the MTU settings on your PS4 console.
- Using an Ethernet USB dongle, link it to your USB port on the PS4 console and connect the LAN cable to it.
- Another handy hack worth trying is to link another device to your connection to check if your PS4 is at fault. If the alternative device works fine, then it is the PS4 console at fault. Otherwise, it is the issue of lan cable PS4 and it is time to contact your internet service provider(ISP)
After trying these additional hacks, if you can still use your LAN cable, try reinstalling the system software. This will wipe out all the data that is stored on your device.
This is a risky hack and only recommended if all else has failed as all the data will be wiped out.
Also, make sure your computer has an active internet connection and a USB drive to download the updates.
Which is the most suitable Ethernet cable for PS4?
DanYee CAT 7 is an excellent Ethernet cable for PS4.
How can I connect my PS4 with a LAN cable?
- Connect one part of your Ethernet cable to a port on the router and the other part to the PS4 console.
- Turn on the PS4 and router
- On the PS4 home screen, select Settings.
- Click network> set up internet connection > use LAN cable > easy
Why does my PS4 LAN cable keep disconnecting?
If your LAN cable is working fine, but it keeps getting disconnecting, try changing the cable or connecting the line to a different port or router. A faulty or loose PS4 Ethernet cable may be the issue, so you need to consult a Sony repair center.
What to do if your PS4 won’t connect to WI-Fi?
- check your Wi-Fi password
- Turn on your modem and router
- Turn on your PS4 console
- Move your PS4 console close to the router
- Switch up the DNS settings on your console
- How to fix PS4 Mic echo
- How to reset PS4 controller
- How to fix not enough free system memory on PS4
- How to fix PS4 controller lag
- How to charge PS4 controller
- Why is my PS4 fan so loud
- How to fix PS4 turning on and off
PS4 Lan cable not connected may be annoying to deal with, but using this step-by-step guide and trying out these hacks, you will be able to resolve the issue in no time.