What does PS4 controller orange light indicate?
PS4 orange/yellow light may indicate two separate things based on whether it is of unblinking or blinking type. If this light is unblinking, it shows that your PS4 is in rest mode or turned off while charging.
If the PS4 orange light is blinking, it indicates that the controller was plugged in to charge only.
PS4 controller color meaning
The colors on your PS4 may indicate an issue. They may also represent the different players in the game.
In terms of issues, Red light on PS4 controller denotes that the PS4 controller is malfunctioning. An Orange light on the PS4 controller means that your PS4 is in rest mode. Yellow represents that your PS4 controller is up for charging, while white light indicates that the PS4 is not connected or the battery is low.
In terms of players
- Blue: player/user 1
- Red: player/user 2
- Green: player/user 3
- Pnik : player/ user 4
How to fix PS4 controller orange light?
If your PS4 flashes orange once or more than that, it could be an issue. By following this step-by-step tutorial, you can learn how to fix the PS4 controller orange light issue.
Here are the steps to fix PS4 controller orange light:
- Step number one is to dismantle your PS4 and clean its interior but check that the PS button is not ruined.
- Next, plug in the controller to the console via a USB cable. Perform a hard reset on your PS4 controller to check if it works fine.
- To get to the bottom of the issue, make sure to check your batteries and USB cable port.
- If the batteries and USB ports are working fine, then the issue is with the conductive film. Replacing it should solve your problem.
Other ways to fix orange light on PS4 controller?
There are multiple ways to fix the PS4 controller flashing issue. To try these methods, you will not need to purchase another USB to check if it’s a USB problem.
You might need to purchase a power A cable that is specific and licensed for the PS4 controller.
1. Replace your Dualshock 4 cable
- You may use an android charging cable or purchase a replacement DualSock4 cable for your controller.
- Next, plug in the USB to the DualShock 4 cable.
- If the light changes to blue or orange, it will denote that the controller is now charging, and the issue was with the cable.
This is one of the most common problems seen as USB cables are easy to break. Replacing your USB cable can help you troubleshoot the issue.
2. Reset PS4 console
- To do this, hold down your PS4 button located on the back of the controller. Press down on it for a couple of seconds until you hear two beeps. You may also do this via the quick start menu.
- Next, take out the power cord from the back of your PS4.
- Please wait for a couple of seconds before plugging it back inside. Now turn on your PS4 again.
- Now link your controller and USB charging cable to the PS4 console.
- Now press the PS4 button on the DualShock 4 controller.
The old ‘turn it off and on again’ trick that your grandparents employed helped save the day.
3. Reset PS4 controller
- Turn over your PS4 controller to see a reset button located on the back of the controller.
- Using a sharp object such as an opened pin or sim card opener, press down on the reset button.
- Hold down on the power button for a couple of seconds.
- Now connect your DualShock 4 controller to your PS4 and turn it on to see if it works.
Your PS4 controller reset is similar to a PS4 console reset. Both involve software issues, and doing a reset can help them revert to the factory settings. Hopefully, it will help resolve the issue.
Note: resetting your PS4 console will wipe off all data, so make sure to save it before initiating this procedure
4. Turn on PS4 in safe mode
- Turn off your PS4 console.
- Turn your DualShock controller over and press down on the reset button for a couple of seconds until you hear two beeps.
- Now connect your Dual Shock controller using a USB cable.
- Now press down on the PS button on the controller to turn it on again.
This process will help your turn your PS4 back in safe mode.
Note: this procedure will help you bypass PS4 controller and console software issues, but if your USB port and cable are malfunctioning, it will not work.
Check out our article on how to fix PS4 turns on by itself.
5. Remove PS4 controller from other connected devices
Since your controller is not working, download the Remote Play App. This will give you temporary control over your PS4. You can remove the PS4 controller from Bluetooth devices and reconnect it.
Here’s how to do it.
- Once the Remote Play app is installed, log into your account
Note: make sure that the account is the same as the one you sign in to your PS4 console.
- Now the app will display a ‘start’ button. Press on it and wait until it connects to the console.
- Using the touch D-pad, go to settings > devices> Bluetooth devices > select your DualShock controller.
- Now select options >Forget device > ok
- Finally, press on the PS button and Share button on your controller. It will flash a blue light. You should now be able to pair it and start using it again.
- How to connect ps4 to laptop
- Why PS4 not detecting Lan cable
- How to fix PS4 running out of space
- How to fix PS4 controller android lag
- How to fix PS4 loud fan
- Why PS4 controller keeps disconnecting from PC
- How to Connect PS4 Slim Audio Output to Speakers
PS4 controller orange light may seem like a confusing issue to deal with since the lights flashing may be of different colors, and each color may indicate an average or abnormal because of flashing.
Nevertheless, this article has hopefully managed to educate you on what the colors mean and how to fix the issue.