Why is my printer working but not printing?
There can be a problem with the printer, cartridge, Wi-Fi, or computer. Following are some reasons behind the ‘Lexmark printer not printing’ error;
- Clogged nozzles that don’t allow the ink to flow
- Defective power cords of the printer
- Empty paper try
- Jammed papers
- Empty cartridges
- Wi-Fi not working
- Computer and printer not connected to the same Wi-Fi
- Outdated printer drivers
How to fix the ‘lexmark printer not printing’ error?
The Lexmark printer can display various error messages. Every error message has a specific meaning that indicates the problem behind the printing issue. Go through the following solutions to eliminate the error message you have received and print smoothly.
Here’s how fix the Lexmark printer not printing issue.
Fix the ‘lexmark printer not printing’ error
If you receive the ‘Document Failed to Print’ error or a ‘Communication not available’ error, troubleshoot the issue with the below-given solutions;
- Check whether the computer and your Lexmark printer are connected to the same network. If not, then connect both of the devices to the same router.
- Restart the printer. This can also fix the issue.
- If restarting doesn’t work, unplug the printer and look for any paper stuck in the printer. In addition, check if the toner is placed correctly. If everything is right, wait for a minute and reconnect the printer to resume printing.
- If the above solutions don’t work, uninstall and reinstall the printer on your computer.
- Lastly, update your Lexmark printer drivers and check if the printer is set up correctly.
Fix ‘error 200’, ‘error 200.Xx’, ‘error 241.06’ or ‘paper jam’
Error 200 is a very common message that indicates a paper jam at the front of your Lexmark printer. You can get rid of this error by the following steps;
- Open the upper front cover of the Lexmark printer.
- Remove the toner cartridge.
- Now remove the paper from the inside of the printer.
- Reinstall the toner and close the front cover to resume printing.
Fix ‘service fuser error’ or ‘error 920.06′
Another common error message is the ‘Service Fuser Error’ message followed by ‘920, 921, 922, 923, 924, or 925′ codes. Get rid of the service fuser error by the below-given instructions;
- Power off your printer and wait for a minute.
- After a minute, turn on your computer to see if the error still exists.
- If it does, reinstall the Lexmark printer’s fuser unit. Ensure no paper is jammed in the unit.
- Lastly, if reinstalling the fuser doesn’t solve the error, the fuser unit should be replaced to continue printing.
Fix ‘Error 900.00′, ‘900 Firmware Error’, or ‘Error 900.43’
“Error 900” means that there is a communication issue. Firstly, find out whether the error exists only when the printer is receiving information from your network or computer. If this is the case, there’s a problem with the software. Reach out to Lexmark’s technical support to resolve the software problem.
However, if the error 900 persists even when the Lexmark printer is not connected to the network, there is a hardware or connection problem. Resolve the error by the following steps;
- Turn off the printer and disconnect all the cables except for the power cord from the printer.
- Turn on the printer to see if the error persists.
- Download and update the latest Lexmark firmware.
However, if the error 900 still occurs, your Lexmark printer needs service.
Fix ‘remove paper standard bin’ or ‘standard bin full’
If you receive the ‘Standard bin full’ message, follow the below-given steps to resolve the ‘Lexmark printer not printing’ issue;
- Turn off your printer and remove the cover above the rollers on the tallest part of the printer.
- On the left part of the printer, you will see an ‘exit flag‘ that looks like a tiny arm.
- Usually, the exit flag hangs straight down. If it’s not, push the exit flag down to put it back into the place.
- Put the cover back on and turn on your printer to continue printing.
Fix the ‘load MP feeder’ error
‘Load MP Feeder’ error can also cause printing problems. The solution is to load the paper tray of the printer.
Fix ‘error 1203′
Error 1203 means there’s a problem with the cartridge that causes a printing problem. Resolve this error by;
- Open the cover of the printer and remove the ink cartridges while the printer is still powered on.
- Now turn off the printer and then turn it back on.
- The error will be gone. Now reinstall the ink cartridges one at a time.
Fix ‘lexmark printer won’t print’ error
- Unplug the printer and plug it back in a minute.
- Now power on your Lexmark printer.
- Long-press the ‘Cancel‘ button for five seconds and then release it.
- The printer will restart automatically.
If the above solutions have not worked, reinstall the printer drivers. However, connect to Lexmark support to resolve the printing problem even if this doesn’t work.
You can fix the ‘Lexmark printer not printing’ issue by restarting the printer, replacing the faulty cords with new ones, updating printer drivers, removing any paper jams, and installing new cartridges.