Have you been facing the issue of lagging while inputting gameplay information lately? It can be frustrating to find out that your game controller is failing to respond or has disconnected.
Often, when we’re playing a game, we need to make instant moves. In such circumstances, PS4 controller input lag can be an annoying obstacle to deal with. Having a dependable controller is absolutely essential. There’s no need to worry, though. We have outlined a holistic guide to deal with PS4 controller delay. Let’s take a look at it.
What is PS4 controller input lag?
To know how to fix controller input lag on android. First you need to understand what the issue is. Basically, PlayStation 4 controller lag is when you cannot register controller input completely, or there is a delay in registering it while playing your game or using the application.
Generally, the delay is very apparent to the gamer. E.g., after pressing a button on the controller, there may be a delay in the action being displayed on-screen/ monitor. This can really ruin your gaming experience.
Causes for PS4 controller lagging
When you face a lagging issue with your PS4 controller, the next thing that the gamer must be wondering is why my PS4 controller is lagging? Here are some common causes.
- issues and error with firmware
- crash in the hardware
- weak internet / losing WIFI connection
- piling up of cache in the storage
- PS device air ventilation is not adequate
- The database is not systematic
How to fix PS4 controller lag?
Follow the steps enlisted below to fix the PS4 controller input lag.
1. Check controller charging
If your controller is low on battery, the PS4 may lag a little. When the Dual Shock 4 controller isn’t charging, it may present with delay and input issues of all sorts. To confirm if it is indeed the battery issue and your PS4 controller is not charging that is precipitating delays, try connecting your controller to a USB cable. Now check whether it is working fine or not. If it is, then it is the battery that needs to be charged.
2. Check other wireless devices
When your controller is kept close to other wireless devices, it may hinder the connection. This can lead to delays in input which you can fix by removing other devices connected nearby.
3. Check via wired connection
Because of a faulty wireless connection, a hack is to connect your PS4 console to a USB cable. This will ensure a seamless connection. You may switch back to a wireless connection once the connection is back.
4. Restart PS4 controller
This is your last consort. If all the other hacks given above do not work for you, then do a restart instead of only a reset.
- Press down on the restart button to restart your PS console
- Press down on the reset button at the back of your DualShock4 controller.
- Reconnect the controller with your PS4 via a USB cable.
- Now turn on both your PS4 console and Dual Shock 4 controller. The latter will turn on by clicking on the PS button.
- The device should be in sync now.
5. Free some space
If storage is completely full, your system will malfunction, leading to delays and lagging in output.
- On the main screen, select settings > memory
- A screen displaying memory status will pop up.
- Selectively clear out unnecessary storage
- Now select options > delete
- If you are using this console since long, you will have an unnecessary pile-up of files and cache that can be cleared to make space.
Learn how to remove PS4 running out of space error.
6. Database revamp
Another common cause of PS4 controller input lag issues with your PS4 console database. The solution to this is performing a database rebuild. This will help to improve the overall functioning of your console, thereby decreasing lagging and delays.
Here is how to perform it.
- Press down on a PS4 power button for 7 seconds.
- Hearing 2 beeps will confirm that your console is turned off.
- Restart the console in safe mode by pressing down on the reset button. Release it on the 2nd
- Since you can’t connect your Dual Shock 4 controller via Bluetooth when you are in safe mode, connect it via USB cable.
- This may take some time, depending on the functioning and storage of your hard disk. If you have a higher number of games on the hard disk, it may take a longer time to build the database.
7. Check for the latest update
By going over to the PS4 system software, you can update the software
How this is done is :
- by updating a USB flash drive with ample free space. You can fully format it to make sure of this.
- Next, create a folder in it called PS4 and another one called ‘update.’
- Copy the latest update for PS4 that you have just downloaded into the ‘update’ folder.
- Next, turn off and unplug the console. Into the USB port, insert a USB flash drive.
- Relaunch the console in safe mode by holding down the button for 10-20 seconds.
- Click on ‘system software update’ and follow along with the onscreen instructions to complete your update.
8. Reset your controller
Turn the controller around, and you will see a reset button. Take a sharp object such as a pin to press the reset button. This will reset the controller connection.
Once this is done, connect your controller and console via a USB cable. On the controller, press the PS button, this will turn it on, and you can sync your devices without any trouble.
How to fix PS4 controller android lag
Androids are known for being versatile in their functions and easily customizable. While this is true, using a PS controller by connecting it with android may lead to PS4 controller android lag. This linking is done via blue tooth. Due to this lag, you may be unable to play games that require quick actions.
By connecting an app called ‘Bluetooth Auto Connect,’ this lag can be fixed. This app was devised to enable your desired Bluetooth device to connect to your phone without any hassle. Another incredible feature of this app is ‘continuous connect.’
Now, if you’re wondering how to fix controller input lag on android, firstly, you need to connect Bluetooth Auto Connect. Since it is unavailable on the google play store, you need to download it from a third-party source. For that, you need to turn on ‘unknown sources’ in the security settings menu.
Next, download and install APK and launch Bluetooth AutoConnect. Then go to ‘advanced options,’ scroll down and click on ‘connect now.’ Now you’re good to go.
Worst case scenario, if it doesn’t work out, go to the ‘continuous connect’ option, and it will assist in connecting somewhere between 2-15 seconds.
- Why PS4 not detecting Lan cable
- Why is my PS4 controller red
- How to fix PS4 controller orange light
- How to fix PS4 loud fan
- How to fix PS4 turns on by itself
- Why PS4 controller keeps disconnecting from PC
We hope this article has successfully informed you that PS4 controller delay issues aren’t always due to the controller only. There are various other causes for it. Hopefully, this holistic guide and step-wise tutorial on how to fix lag on ps4 will be of immense help and solve your issue in no time.