Steps to solve HP service error 49
Before opting for more technical solutions, one can first try to utilize the easier hacks.
Here’s how to resolve the HP printer error 49:
- Try turning the power off, wait for a bit, and then turn on the power again.
- Switch off the power of your printer. Unplug any hardware devices. Now, please switch it on again and check whether the error persists.
- Reset the printer device.
- Turn off the printer and reset any memory or firmware modules. Now turn on your printer again.
- Check if the software and firmware are updated.
Now let us look at some more technical steps.
Step 1- First, try the simple reset method
- Please turn off your printer and unplug it from your computer.
- Now wipe away any pending printing.
- Reboot and then reconnect your printer to the computer.
- Now test the printer again.
Step 2- Mismatched or Faulty Driver
- To resolve such an issue, one should first download the printer.
- Then, uninstall the previous driver and replace it with the new one.
- A correct driver will solve the problem.
Step 3 – Network card is faulty
- For the printer to work fine, the network card should be checked.
- Using a USB, connect the network card to the printer.
- Now check if the job is being performed well.
- If yes, it is now safe to replace the network card.
Step 4 – A faulty memory card
If accessories like hard drives and memory cards are faulty, hp printer error 49 may manifest. To check the functioning of the accessories as well as the printer:
- you need to unplug the accessories.
- Now reboot your device with a different accessory, in this case, a memory chip.
- And then test the printer.
Step 5 – Faulty formatted
A formatted is the circuit board that deals with the data from your computer. You formatter/ circuit board issues the print commands to the printer and computer, both. If a faulty formatter is what you are dealing with, contacting the HP help desk is a good option.
- How to fix HP printer in error state
- How to Fix HP Envy 4520 Printer Offline Error
- How to Fix HP Officejet Pro 8710 Offline Error
- How to Fix HP Envy 4500 Scan to Computer Error
Hopefully, the above article provides a concise and apt guide to solve the hp error 49 issues. Identifying the cause is the first step. If the cause is not that apparent, following the step-by-step solutions as laid out above can help one identify and then solve the hp printer error 49 in no time.
Do keep in mind that in some printer models, the firmware cannot be fixed. It needs to be replaced due to its placement. Other than that, one of the solutions is sure to work and help fix hp printer error 49. It is also recommended to contact the hp support team for further info. And help.