Why does my HP Office jet Pro 8710 go offline?
Well, it is not unusual that your printer goes offline suddenly, leaving you wondering what went wrong. Many people who use this printer frequently come up with the relevant error. However, there are a few crucial factors you need to keep in mind and check to make sure that they are not responsible for the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 offline error.
Here’s why your HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 offline error occurs:
- Firstly, please check that you have turned on your printer.
- You can also check for the printer drivers; see if there is any misconfiguration or outdated driver issues.
- You might want to look for USB connections if your printer is not wireless.
- Besides, if you own a wireless printer, please check the connections.
- Sometimes, print jobs stuck, causing your printer to go offline abruptly.
How to Fix HP Officejet Pro 8710 Offline Error?
Bringing your HP Office Jet Pro 8710 printer from offline to online to resume your printing work is relatively straightforward. Here, we list down three basic fixes that you can apply to eliminate the error from your printer permanently.
Try resetting your printer
The first and foremost easy troubleshooting measure is to reset your print environment. Sometimes, you encounter an offline error due to poor connectivity between your PC and printer. Therefore, we suggest you attempt this fix to replenish the connection between your computer and printer.
Here’s how you can reset your printer to resolve the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 not printing error.
- Firstly, you have to make sure that you turn off your printer. You have to wait for a few seconds before you unplug all the cables, especially the main cable from the primary power source.
- Next, you have to turn off your PC as well.
- After 10-15 seconds, you have to reconnect the cable to your printer and turn it on.
- Besides, if you own a printer with a wireless internet connection, make sure that you properly turn on the router.
- Next, you have to turn on your PC.
- Check if the printer resumes working correctly by printing any document; however, this fix does not work for you. You do not have to worry, and please try the following fix!
Get the latest printer drivers
It is often the old and outdated printer drivers responsible for causing the offline printer error. Therefore, we advise you to get the latest printer drivers and check if the error resolves.
Here’s how to get the latest printer driver to fix the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 offline error.
- Begin with deleting the old version of printer drivers from your PC.
- Before you move onto installing the latest drivers, please make sure that you turn your PC off. Please wait for a while and then turn it on again.
- Next, you have to visit the official HP website.
- Please make sure that you look for the printer drivers for your specific printer model, HP OfficeJet Pro 8710. Download the file!
- Next, you have to select if your printer possesses a USB or wireless connection and then let it finish the setup.
- To check if your offline error resolves, please print any document. If your printer starts taking the command, it means it has become online again. However, in some cases, the issue might remain there. In the given case, we suggest you, please look for the next fix!
Set your Printer as a default
Here are the steps to set your printer as default to resolve the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 offline problem.
- Firstly, you have to open the control panel and navigate to the settings. Then, go to the ‘devices and printers’ option.
- Next, you have to look for your specific model printer icon.
- Make a right-click on the icon and then select ‘set as a default printer.’
- You can check if your offline error persists by printing any document from the printer. This action should settle your offline printer error.
What to do if nothing works?
Though, the troubleshooting steps mentioned above should help you get rid of the offline printer error. However, if they fail to do so, you can try another measure. Please make sure that you follow the steps as under;
- Firstly, please open the control panel on your PC and opt for ‘devices and printers.’
- If you have already set your printer model as a default printer, click on ‘see what’s printing.’
- You will see another window appearing on your screen.
- Please make sure that you uncheck the ‘pause printing’ and ‘use printer offline’ boxes.
HP Officejet Pro 8710 not printing in color
Here’s how to resolve the ‘HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 not printing’ problem.
- First and foremost, make sure that you turn on your printer by pressing the power button firmly.
- Next, to approach and assess the cartridge area, you have to open the carriage door of the printer.
- Please wait for a while and then make sure that cartridges’ positions are fine and undisturbed.
- Your printer has different cartridge slots for different colors. You have to make sure that the color of the slot matches that of the cartridge.
- In case you find mismatched cartridges and slots, we advise you to please reorganize these.
- Besides, your printer might not print in specific color owing to not enough ink levels. Please check the cartridge levels.
- Well, if the cartridge level is not enough, make sure you replace it right away.
HP Officejet Pro 8710 won’t print
As mentioned earlier, outdated firmware results in several errors on your printer. Sometimes, you complain that your HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 is not printing, primarily due to firmware problems. However, the other times, your printer might have jammed papers that do not let it work efficiently.
Please make sure that you check for a few critical factors if your printer abruptly stops printing;
Here are the steps to fix the ‘HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 won’t print’ error.
- Firstly, you have to check for the printer firmware. Make sure that you have got the latest one. If not, please update it.
- Secondly, look for the paper jams and make sure there is no paper stuck.
- You can use a flashlight to check if the rollers contain jammed papers.
- Make sure that you clear the rollers properly and move them into the printer.
- Besides, please look for the printhead attachment.
- How to Fix HP Envy 4500 Scan to Computer Error
- How to Fix HP Envy 4520 Printer Offline Error
- How to fix HP printer in error state
- How to Fix HP Printer Error 49
Undoubtedly, you would not want your HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer to throw you an offline error in the middle of your printing activity. But, it tends to do so. However, it is a minor glitch that you can fix quickly. In this article, we have tried our best to list the major causes of the error and its solutions. Hopefully, it will assist you!