What causes the Missed or Failed Printhead HP 8610 Error?
Here are some reasons for the HP Officejet pro 8610 printhead problem;
- Faulty or damaged printhead
- Clogged printhead due to dried ink
- Incorrectly installed or incompatible ink cartridges
- Outdated firmware or printer drivers
- Connectivity issues with computer or network
- Power surges or electrical fluctuations
- Printer failure
- Low levels of cartridge ink
Once you know the reason causing the error, search for a solution in the manual provided with the printer. However, you can also go through our easy troubleshooting guide.
How to Fix the HP 8610 Printhead Error?
Before jumping to the solutions, ensure you have a stable internet connection. Also, maintain an interruption-free connection between your computer and the printer.
Here are the solutions for HP 8610 printhead problem;
1 Reset the Printhead
(Remember not to remove the printhead completely from the carriage.)
Here’s how to reset your HP 8610 printhead;
- Turn off your HP printer and remove the power cord.
- Put your finger inside the access door and open the carriage to the left.
- Wait until the carriage is silent and idle.
- Now lift the carriage latch and pull out the printhead without entirely removing it.
- Next, put the printhead back in its spot and make sure it is correctly seated. If it’s loose, your printer will show the printhead error again.
- You can move the printhead left and right to hear the click that indicates the printhead is in its place.
- Lower down the carriage latch and close the cartridge access door.
- Finally, you must plug in the power cord and switch on the printer.
If the HP 8610 missing or failed printhead error persists, you can repeat the above steps three times to reset the printhead.
2. Update the Printer’s Firmware
Following are the steps to update the HP 8610 printer’s firmware;
- Go to your browser and open the HP printer website.
- Next, locate the Software and Driver Download’s page.
- Select ‘Printer’, type in your printer’s model number, and choose ‘Submit’.
- The printer’s software page will pop up.
- Go to the ‘Firmware’ tab and download the apt firmware from the list.
- Save the firmware in a folder on the computer.
- Finally, open the firmware file from the folder and install the latest version.
You can prevent the printhead issue by regularly checking for firmware updates and installing them.
3. Clean the Ink Cartridges and Replace Old Ones with New ones
Sometimes the clogged dry ink blocks the nozzles causing the printhead error.
Here are the steps to clean the cartridges;
- Take out the ink cartridges from the HP printer.
- Remove the dust with a dry cloth.
- Now wipe the copper contacts on the cartridges with distilled water and cotton balls/cloth.
- Once the cartridges are dry, put the cartridges back in the printer.
- If the ink levels are low, replace the old cartridges with the new and compatible HP cartridges.
4. Remove Non-HP cartridges
Remember that HP printers are designed to work with HP cartridges only. If you use other cartridges that are not compatible with the printer, the printer will display the ‘HP printhead error’ message.
Therefore, to fix the error, you must replace the non-compatible cartridges with new HP cartridges that the firmware will recognize.
5. Powercycle the HP 8610 Printer
Here are the steps to reset the HP 8610 printer;
- Begin by turning on the HP printer.
- Now take out the power cord from the back of the printer.
- Remove the power cord from the outlet in the wall.
- Wait for a minute or two.
- Plug in the power cord and switch on the printer manually if it doesn’t turn on automatically.
- Don’t use the printer until the printer is idle and silent.
- Congrats! The printhead error has been resolved now.
Fact: HP recommends connecting the printer’s power cord directly to the power source outlet without an extension.
6. Replace the Printhead
You can replace the HP printhead if none of the above solutions works. You must have the new printhead ready and near your printer before removing the cartridges, as HP recommends to only take out cartridges from the printer for 30 minutes.
Why? Removing the cartridges for over 30 minutes can damage your printer and cartridges.
Here are the steps to replace the HP 8610 printhead;
- If the printhead or cartridges are defective, check your warranty status to claim new ones for free.
- If you don’t have the warranty, order a new printhead and set of SETUP cartridges.
- Installing the SETUP cartridges first is ideal, or else a cartridge error might occur.
- Finally, replace the printhead to bypass the missing or failed printhead HP 8610 error.
Can I clean the HP 8610 printhead manually?
HP does not recommend manually cleaning the HP 8610 printhead as it may cause further damage. Using the built-in cleaning function or seeking professional assistance for the HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 model is best.
How often should I clean the HP 8610 printhead?
It is recommended to perform printhead cleaning for the HP 8610 printer when printing quality issues arise or when prompted by the printer’s software specific to the HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 model. However, overcleaning can also cause printhead problems, so following the manufacturer’s guidelines for the HP 8610 model is essential.
Contact the HP support team if none of the above solutions worked in fixing the HP 8610 printhead error. Also, make sure there are no power surges or electricity fluctuations; otherwise, you won’t be successful in fixing the printhead error.