Why is Facebook dating not showingup/Working?
Sometimes, Facebook dating is unavailable, or it might stop working altogether. In this case, the first thing you do is to understand why this may be so. Once you know, you can easily go through the solutions and fix the problem. Below are some of the most common reasons for FB dating not working:
- Faulty Internet connection.
- Your age is under 18 and thus not eligible for your own account.
- Your mobile cache is not cleared.
- Your Facebook profile is only thirty days old.
- You have disabled the notifications.
- The feature is unavailable in your Country.
How to fix Facebook dating not working?
Now that you know the potential problems leading to Facebook dating not working, you can move on to seeing the solutions. With a few tweaks, you’ll most likely be able to fix the problem.
Here’s how to fix the Facebook dating not working issue.
Fix 1: Check WIFI connection
First and foremost, if your FB dating app is not working, then you should check your internet connection. An unstable or slow connection can be due to the location of your router. You can either change the connectivity to your data plan or move closer to the router and see if there are any changes.
Fix 2: Upgrade your FB Dating App
Have you recently updated the Facebook app? If not, this may be a reason for Facebook dating not working. You can update the Facebook by following steps or choosing an automatic update option.
- First step, open your Play Store app.
- Search for the “Facebook” from the top search box.
- Open installed Facebook application.
- If there is any update for Facebook app you will find the “Update” button, click on it.
- Once its finished you will see “Open” button, click on it to start using your app again.
You can turn on automatic updates by following steps:
- Open your Play Store app.
- From the top right hand corner, tap on your profile icon.
- Go to the “Settings” and click on the option named “Network Preferences.”
- Click on “Auto-update Apps” and then select “Over Wi-Fi Only” to save your data.
Fix 3: Switch on FB dating notification
Turning off or disabling Facebook application notifications can ensure that you are able to consistently see updates on your phone. Some applications, including Facebook Dating, become unresponsive if the alerts are switched off. You can then test it out and see if the problem is fixed.
- From the home screen, select “Settings” and scroll to the option named “App management.”
- Tap on the “App list” option.
- In the search box, search for “Facebook” application and tap on it.
- Go to the “Manage notifications” and toggle on “Allow notifications.”
Fix 4: Clear your device’s cache
Your mobile device’s cache is the data from apps saved on your phone. However, the data can become damaged, which can lead to your App not working as it should. You can check if the cache has been cleared on your phone and then install and run your dating app.
To clear the cache on Android:
- Go to Settings and search for the option named App list.
- From the installed application list look for the Facebook application.
- Click on Storage and then press Clear Cache.
- Go to Settings and scroll to the options named Safari.
- In Safari, keep scrolling down till you reach the option named Clear History and Website Data.
- Tap on the option named Clear History and Data.
Fix 5: Check is Facebook dating down
Facebook dating could be glitching because Facebook itself Is down. You can get the update from the Facebook platform status or even ask your friends if their Facebook is working. Another way to find out about the glitch is to check Twitter for #Facebookdown. If this is the problem, then your only solution is to wait until the application is up and running again.
Fix 6: Restart your device
If your Facebook dating is not showing up regardless of going through the previous solutions, you can try restarting your device. By restarting, you allow your apps and connections to refresh. Furthermore, more memory would be assigned to Facebook Dating when your phone starts again. To restart, you can:
- Turn off your Android by holding the Power button.
- Turn off your iPhone by holding down the Home and Power button.
- Wait for the device to restart, then check if your Facebook dating not showing up problem is fixed.
Fix 7: Change location on Facebook dating app
When you set up your Facebook Dating app, then make sure your location is switched on. Through this, Facebook will be able to survey the people closest to you and match based on your distance as well.
To turn on your location for an Android device, you can follow these steps:
- Head to the Home screen and press Settings.
- Go to Applications and locate the Facebook application there.
- Tap on Location, which is present under Permissions.
- Turn Location Services ON after you toggle the options.
- Check if your Facebook Dating is working on your Android device.
In the case that your Facebook Dating is not working on your iPhone, you can turn the location services on by:
- Head to the Home screen and press Settings.
- Find the option named Privacy and tap on it.
- You’ll find an option named Location Services.
- Tap on it and turn the Location Services ON.
Instead, you can also try:
- Opening the Facebook Dating app on your phone and tap on Menu.
- Select Dating.
- Select Dating Location.
Fix 8: Uninstall and reinstall the Facebook dating app
FB dating app not working is a problem that can often be fixed by simply uninstalling and then reinstalling the App. This allows all the junk to be cleared and any glitches in the program to fix themselves.
For Android, you can re-install the program by:
- Go to Settings.
- In Applications, you will find an option named Manage Application.
- Here, you can click on Facebook.
- Tap on the option named Uninstall.
In the case of an iPhone, you can re-install the Facebook dating app by:
- Tap and Hold the Facebook app for a few seconds until it starts to make the shaking motion.
- The X icon will appear on top. Tap on it until it the application is uninstalled.
Once you’ve uninstalled the application from your device, download and install it again from the application store; when you run it once again, you will know if your Facebook Dating app not working problem is fixed. You can also try to log out of Facebook and then log back in, or clear all the cache and cookies to ensure no further problem is there.
Fix 9: Contact support
If you have tried all these solutions and still face Facebook Dating not showing up the problem, your only solution is to contact Facebook’s Technical support team. You can send them a message through their Facebook page on your computer, iOS, or Android device. Once you log onto your Facebook page, you’ll find the Facebook Help Center on the website.
Also read frequently asked on Facebook to find suitable answer for your problem.
Which country has Facebook dating
Another reason for Facebook Dating not showing up is because it may not be available in your Country. There are specific countries where FB dating is available, and here are a few that you should know about:
|Thailand||United Kingdom||United States|
Frequently Asked Questions
How to fix Facebook dating not showing up?
Here are the steps you can follow to fix your Facebook dating not showing up the problem:
- On the mobile app, log into your account.
- Go to Settings, where you find an option named Apps.
- Click on Manage Apps, where you will be taken to Facebook Dating.
- There will be an X icon next to Facebook Dating. Click on it.
- Tap on Delete and then Confirm.
Here are a few reasons why Facebook Dating is unavailable:
- Unstable internet
- Cache is full
- Facebook App is not Updated
- Facebook Dating is unavailable in the location.
Where Is Facebook Dating App Icon?
- Open Facebook app.
- On the bottom right of the screen, you will see a three-line menu.
- Once the Facebook menu is open, tap on the option named Dating.
- Facebook Dating settings will open.
How to Start Facebook Dating?
- Open Facebook and go to the three lines at the bottom right corner (Menu).
- Click on the option named Dating.
- Click on the option named Get Started.
- Follow the instructions to set up your profile.
- Share your location and choose a picture.
- Your Facebook information will then be used to create your profile.
How to Enable Facebook Dating?
- Open Facebook on your mobile.
- Tap on the three-line menu.
- In the section named All Shortcuts, you will find Dating. If it’s not visible then tap on See More.
- Once you click on Dating, tap on Get Started.
- You will be provided with instructions to set up your dating profile. Go through it. Your information will be imported from Facebook.
- To alter, click on the Pencil and to remove your profile, click on the X icon.
Why Can’t I Join Facebook Dating?
There are a few reasons you are unable to join Facebook Dating, and they are:
- You’re underage
- Your location doesn’t have Facebook Dating
- You’re not using the Facebook app.
How to Turn Off Facebook Dating?
- Open Facebook on your device.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Account Settings and then Dating.
- There will be a switch on top of the screen. Toggle it to close.
How to Delete Facebook Dating Profile
- Open the Facebook app on your device.
- Toggle to Menu, and click on the option named Dating.
- Press Settings and go to General.
- Tap Delete Profile option at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Delete again to confirm.
Why I Don’t Have Dating on Facebook?
To have the Facebook Dating option available to you, you should be either eighteen years old or older. Once you are eligible, the Facebook Dating app will appear in your device’s store, where you can download it.
Why Won’t my Facebook Dating App Work?
Facebook Dating apps could stop working for a number of reasons. Here are a few of them:
- Facebook App is not updated.
- Blocked notifications.
- Unstable internet connection.
- Facebook app is not working.
- Cache is full.
What Happened to Facebook Dating?
The Facebook dating app is integrated from the Facebook app; if you do not have access to Facebook dating, there must be a few reasons. Two major reasons could be:
- You’re not using the Facebook app.
- You’re not 18 or older and liable to Facebook dating restrictions.
Does Facebook have a Dating App?
Facebook Dating is part of the free Facebook app for iPhone and Android users. If you’re your location, interests, Facebook Groups, and Facebook events to find a match. You can access this by the following steps:
- Go to the Shortcut section of Facebook’s three-line menu.
- Tap the Dating button.
FB dating not working can easily be fixed using these solutions. If you still find that it is not working, you can contact Facebook support for expert advice.