- Corrupted Discord.
- Ceased Quality Windows Audio Video Experience service.
- Discord running with administrator permission.
Without any further delay, let’s have a detailed view at solutions so that you can get rid of the error.
1. Remove Discord process from Task Manager
The first and foremost step you need to take is to remove the Discord process from Task Manager. It is essential to do; else, when you try to delete the app, a popup window will appear saying you cannot delete the application because it is still in use.
To stop the Discord process follow the below steps
- Right click on the ‘Taskbar’
- Select ‘Task Manager’
- Click on the ‘process’ tab
- Select “Discord” and click on ‘End task’
2. Delete Discord files from %appdata% and %localappdata%
Follow the steps as under to delete Discord folders;
- Begin with opening the Windows Explorer on your computer and click on ‘This PC.’ Now you need to go to this given location (C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Discord).
- You should be able to see the ‘AppData’ folder. If you do not see it, the folder possibly lies in the ‘Hidden’ Folders. Therefore, make sure that you enable the option that allows you to view the hidden folders and files.
To view the hidden folders, open File Explorer’s menu and click on the ‘View’ tab, then make sure you click on the ‘Hidden items’ in the show/hide bar. Once you make these changes, the file explorer will show you the hidden files and folders until you reset the changes.
There is another way to open discord local folder in your computer
- Open the Run Dialog box by pressing the “Windows key + R”
- Type %appdata% and press ‘OK’
- it will directly open your appdata folder
- Next, you need to delete the Discord folder in the AppData folder. As mentioned earlier, to delete the folder, you would need to end the task in Task Manager first. If you have already finished the Discord process in Task Manager, it would be easy for you to delete the app.
- You can click on the search button next to the Start button and type ‘Run’ or press the ‘windows key + R’ that will bring up the Run dialog box where you will have to write %localappdata% and press enter.
- A folder pops up on the screen in which you will have to navigate to the Discord folder, make a right-click on it and move on deleting the folder.
3. Change settings in Windows Audio Video Experience service
Make sure you follow the steps given below in an orderly manner to resolve the issue quickly;
- Use the ‘Windows + R key’ combination to open the run dialog box, here you will have to type in ‘services.msc.’ and press the enter key. You will have the Services toolbox opened up the very next second.
- Please navigate to the ‘Quality Windows Audio Video Experience’ and open it by making a right-click. A menu will appear where you select ‘Properties.’
- You have to stop the Service if it is already running by clicking on the ‘Stop’ button given in the middle of the window. However, you have to click on the Start button to rerun the Service.
- When you open the Service’s properties window, check for the option under the “Startup type” menu and set it to “Automatic” rather than “Manual.” You have to check these settings before proceeding on.
- Clicking on the Start button may result in an error ‘Windows could not start the Service on the local computer. Error 1079: the account specified for this Service differs from the account specified for other services running in the same process.’
- To resolve the above error, make sure you follow the given steps adequately
- In the Service’s properties window, open the ‘Log on’ tab and click on ‘Browse.’
- A ‘enter the object name to select’ entry box where you have to write your account’s name. Make sure you click on “Check names”. Now, wait for a while until the name is available.
- Select ‘OK’ and do not forget to type in your password in the Password box.
4. Whitelist Discord installation files
Most people have got antivirus software installed in their computers for safety purposes. However, almost every antivirus software blocks specific files while downloading Discord. One file that unfortunately becomes the target of every antivirus app is the ‘discord voice.’
Whitelisting is done differently in every antivirus software, and several antivirus software are available. Therefore, we will brief the process of whitelisting the Discord files from the very popular Avast antivirus for your convenience.
Follow the steps to whitelist the Discord files from the antivirus
- Make a right-click on the Avast icon to open up the Avast. A list will appear where you have to select ‘open Avast user interface.’
- Once the user interface has appeared on the screen, you have to click on the ‘Protection’ tab.
- On the right side of the screen, there is a ‘Virus chest.’ Clicking on this option will show all the blocked and quarantined files by the antivirus.
- Next, you need to find out all the Discord files in the antivirus. When you find these, bring your cursor to the files, you will see “three dots” appearing.
- Click on those three dots and opt for ‘restore and add exception’ on the appearing list.
- You have to repeat the step mentioned above for each Discord file separately.
- Once you have whitelisted the files, try reinstalling the Discord.
Moreover, suppose you do not want hindrance in downloading the Discord any time in the future. In that case, you will need to place all the Discord folders in exception in Avast, which will make the installation process uninterrupted and quick. Follow the steps as under;
- Firstly, open the Avast as mentioned earlier.
- Open the “menu” icon and navigate to the “settings”
- On the left side of the screen, there is a “General” section. Open it.
- In the General section, select the “Exceptions” option.
- Select the ‘Add exception’ option and browse the Discord installation folder.
- Lastly, select ‘Exception’ and install the Discord.
Check out how to stop Avast from blocking a website.
5. Run Discord without Administrator Privileges
Therefore, to run Discord without admin permissions, follow the steps as under;
- Make a right-click on the Discord app and select ‘properties.’
- In the properties window, go to the Shortcut tab and click on ‘Advanced.’
- There is a ‘Run as administrator’ option appearing on the screen. Make sure you uncheck it and then click on ‘OK.’
- You have to repeat the step mentioned above in the Compatibility tab as well. Always click on ‘OK’ to save the changes you have made.
Here is the solution specifically for Windows 7 users so they can easily install and use the app.
- Begin with opening the ‘Start menu’ in Window 7 and navigate to the ‘Computer.’
- Make a right-click on the ‘Computer’ and select ‘Manage.’
- Move to the server manager and features. Select the ‘Add features’ option.
- Look for the Quality Windows Audio Video Experience service in the ‘Add features’ window. Once you find it, click on Next to proceed.
- To confirm the installation, please ensure to click on the ‘QWAVE’ option.
- Click on the ‘install’ button and let the process complete. When you have installed the app, it is essential to restart your computer to save the changes.
7. Uninstall and reinstall the Discord
Follow the steps given below to uninstall and reinstall the Discord;
- Open the windows ‘Start menu’ option and select ‘Search’
- Type ‘Control Panel’ and select the very first option that appears.
- Click on ‘uninstall the program’ in the control panel.
- A list of different programs appears, find out the Discord, click on it and select ‘uninstall.’
- When you successfully uninstalled, make right-click on the Start menu and select ‘run.’
- Next, you have to type in ‘%appdata%’ and click on ‘run.’
- Delete the Discord folder.
- Now type in ‘%localappdata%’ in ‘run’ and delete the Discord folders.
- Now go to Discord’s official website and install the latest version.
- How to Use Discord on PS4?
- How to Screen Share on Discord Server?
- How to Fix Discord Screen Share No Audio
- How to Fix Discord Awaiting Endpoint
- How to Fix Discord Overlay Not Working Error
- How to Fix Discord Update Failed
We hope this article will prove helpful!