Canon printers have been one of the favorite and most admired printers worldwide, owing to their exceptional features. However, suppose you are one of those who have been using Canon printers for a long time. In that case, you must know how these printers have made printing activities relatively easier, along with the provision of excellent services in the market.
Be it professional usage or home-based, most people who have the slightest knowledge of printers prefer Canon over any other printer. There are different models of Canon printers to date. However, users have reported minor glitches about Canon MG3600 printers, that they show offline error on Windows 10. Unfortunately, this error hinders further printing work!
This article will discuss why your Canon MG3600 shows offline error while attempting to give a printing command from a PC. Plus, how you can easily and quickly fix this error and get rid of the nuisance at once! So, let’s get started!
Why does my Canon MG3600 give the offline error?
There are no major causes for your MG3600 showing offline error on your PC. However, it is a common complaint with this model of Canon printers. Therefore, after much research and technical experiments, different troubleshooting methods are also available to resolve the error and continue your printing activities easily.
- Since the Canon MG3600 is a wireless device, there is a possibility that your printer and Wi-Fi router possess poor connection
- On the other hand, the offline error might appear owing to outdated printer drivers installed on your PC.
How to fix Canon MG3600 printer offline error?
Fixing the offline printer error on your Canon MG3600 is relatively easy, and once you follow the steps mentioned below correctly, you would not reencounter the issue. These troubleshooting steps surely bring an end to the annoying error;
1. Turn on your printer
First and foremost, you have to make sure that you turn on your printer. To confirm if your printer is on or not, look at the digital screen of the printer. If it is black, it means the device is off.
Besides, it might be in sleep mode. Therefore, make sure you remove it from this mode. However, if you believe that the device is not in sleep mode, make sure you check the main cables. Moreover, if there is a problem with the device, the printer’s digital screen will surely give an error message. Try to resolve this error message so that your printer continues working again.
2. Connect your printer to the PC via USB or WiFi
- If your printer and computer possess a USB cable connection, you have to make sure that the cable develops a good connection between the two. Therefore, please check both the ends of the cable and ensure the proper connection.
- If you use a USB connection, we advise you to connect your printer directly to the USB port on your PC and not through a hub connector.
- If not a USB cable connection, you might have an Ethernet cable. In this case, you have to make sure that you connect one end of the cable to the router while the other to your Canon MG3600 printer.
- Moreover, you have to confirm the IP address of your printer. For this purpose, you have to print the Network configuration page.
- In the case of a Wi-Fi connection, you have to ensure the excellent harmony of your printer to the router.
- You also have to print out the Network configuration page from your printer to confirm its IP address.
However, if this step fails to resolve your offline error on Canon MG3600, it would be better to move to the next step given below.
3. Set as a default printer
- To set your Canon MG3600 as the default printer on your windows 10, you must first open the control panel.
- Next, you need to navigate to the ‘devices and printers.’
- Now you have to look for your Canon MG3600 model and make right-click on the icon. Make sure that you select the ‘set as default printer’ option.
4. Clear all queue documents
- First and foremost, you have to open the control panel on your Windows 10 and then select the ‘devices and printers’ option.
- Next, you need to find your Canon MG3600 model icon and right-click on it.
- Select the ‘see what’s printing’ option.
- Next, you have to select the ‘printer option from window’ option.
- Finally, you need to select ‘cancel all documents.’
5. Check printing status
- To check your printer’s online/offline status, you have to open the ‘devices and printers’ option from the control panel and then make a right-click on your printer model.
- Go for the ‘see what’s printing’ option, then ‘printer,’ and finally uncheck the ‘use printer offline.’
- Your printer, sometimes, might show the ‘paused’ status. Ensure you uncheck the ‘pause printing’ option under the ‘see what’s printing’ tab.
6. Update the printer drivers
- First of all, you have to ensure that there are no copies of your Canon MG3600 icons on your PC. If there are, then you have to delete them.
- Next, you have to uninstall the printer from your PC.
- Get the latest printer drivers for your Canon MG3600.
- Finally, you have to reinstall the printer.
- How to fix Canon Pixma b200 error
- How to factory reset canon printer
- How to Connect Canon ts3122 Printer to Wifi
- How to fix canon printer not responding
- How to Connect Canon Printer to WIFI
- How to Connect Canon mg3022 Printer to WIFI
Understandably, technology can interrupt any time, and so can your Canon MG3600 printer. However, the usual complaints about Canon printers showing offline status on your Windows 10 are pretty much irritating because they may hinder your printing activities.
In this article, we have tried our best to brief you about the probable causes of offline error by the Canon MG3600 printer and how you can troubleshoot it quickly! We hope it will prove helpful!