How to Fix Brother Printer Not Connecting to WIFI?
Here are the steps to fix the Brother printer not connecting to wi-fi.
1. Restart your printer device and Wi-Fi Router
- First, turn off both your Printer and Wi-Fi Router.
- Now restart the devices, i.e., the printer and the router.
- This is usually done by pressing the power button for 10 seconds.
- A green light indicates that the devices are turned on and working.
- Now, go over to the wireless setting and try to reconnect the devices.
Note: Don’t forget to save the changes before reconnecting. In case reconnecting does not work, try reaching out to the support team of brother printers. They are very responsive and will help you solve your issue in no time by offering the most suitable solution to your problem.
2. Place your device in the Wi-Fi zone
- Go over to the WLAN section of your printer device.
- The bars indicate the strength of the Wi-Fi connection.
- This will help you assess the strength of the signal being received.
- If the number of bars is less than 3, it indicates that the Wi-Fi strength is very low.
- You need to place your brother printer in the Wi-Fi zone, i.e., near the Wi-Fi router/modem.
- If you check the strength now, it will show a higher number of bars indicated good signal strength.
3. Confirm the login details
Even when you get good signal strength, the brother printer still won’t connect to wifi; the issue could be with the login credentials. Try re-entering them to check if the login credentials are entered correctly or not.
4. Reset the WLAN settings
If you are still facing brother printer Wi-Fi problems and an error is being displayed that says ‘not connected to IP address or a message along the lines of network issues, then the next step is to reset the WLAN settings.
Here is a step-wise way to do it.
- Turn on your printer and wait for the screen to be displayed on your brother printer device.
- Press the ‘menu’ button on the printer.
- Menu options will show up. Select network > ok > next.
- Now select reset network and ok.
- When a pop-up message asks for confirmation, press 1.
- Now try reconnecting your Wi-Fi again.
5. Use the WPS option to connect Wi-Fi settings
- You may use the WPS button if you don’t seem to remember the credentials or password or are having trouble with it.
- By holding the WPS button of your Wi-Fi for 5-6 seconds and then let it go, you will activate it.
- Similarly, press the WPS button of your printer for 2 minutes to check the availability of the network.
- As soon as the green light appears, it indicates that the connection is successful.
For HP printer check out our article on How to Find WPS Pin On HP Printer
6. Update your software
Old software will lack some features and make it difficult for your device to function successfully. If you have tried the above hacks but failed to resolve the issue and are still facing brother printer Wi-Fi problems, it is time to update the software.
If this does not seem to resolve your issue either, then you need to try the hacks below.
7. Update the Wi-Fi router settings
Generally, the brother printer has an Atheros adapter, and the router has a WPA/WPA2 encryption code, so the printer cannot connect to the router. Therefore, there is a need to have configuration settings to reset the security key. Here is how that is done.
- Go to the router admin panel.
- In the wireless network section, go to the option of ‘wireless security tab.’
- Now select the security mode of 64 bit WEP.
- To generate your password, type in your password of choice and click on the generate button.
- Repeat this for the 5.0 bit GHz network.
- Lastly, save all changes and change the name of your Wi-Fi network.
8. Uncheck the option of 5.0 Hz broadcasting
If you have the option of dual bandwidth for your router, then keep the 2.4 GHz on working mode only. Then, untick/Uncheck the 5.0 GHz broadcasting channel. After changing the broadcasting signals to 9-11 for the 2.4 GHz.
Note: Don’t forget to save the changes.
9. Update the driver of your printer
If none of the above hacks work for you, you should try updating the brother printer driver. On the other hand, if the Wi-Fi network is working well for you and is not glitching at your end, then you need to get the printer driver assessed.
The various issues that involve the brother printer may include the following:
- The brother printer driver version issues.
- Brother printer driver connectivity issues
- Offline status of your printer
- Brother Printer not responding issue
You can update your brother printer driver using the following steps:
- First, you need to confirm the model number of your brother printer.
- Next, go to the brother printer’s main official website.
- Look for the section that reads ‘Brother printer driver.’
- Next, you need to explore the model name and look for the model name of your printer.
- Once that is sorted, download the latest driver version for your brother printer.
Note: The brother printer driver versions are specific to different operating systems. Be sure to choose the one specific for your operating system to avoid any inconveniences later on.
If your problem persists, you should look into the support provided by the brother printer brand or approach ‘printer offline tech’ to help you understand the issue.
- How to Fix Brother Printer Offline Windows 10?
- What Is the Brother Printer Default Password?
- How to Reset Brother Toner
- How to Fix Brother Printer in Error State
- How to Install Brother Printer Without CD
The above hacks are all tried and tested by the support teams and customers dealing with the issue who have gotten back to the support team.
These hacks are also laid out for you most comprehensively and simply for you to understand and apply to the problems you face regarding ‘brother printer not connecting to wifi. Hopefully, this article has informed you about the issues and how to effectively reconnect the brother printer to wifi.