What Causes the 49.4 C02 Service Error Code?
Here are the common causes of the HP error code 49.4 c02;
- Outdated firmware: HP printers use firmware to communicate with the computer. If the firmware is outdated, it can cause the 49.4 c02 service error.
- Corrupted print jobs: When a print job gets corrupted, it can cause the printer to display the 49.4 c02 code error.
- Incompatible printer drivers.
- Hardware issues: Faulty hardware components, such as the formatter board or the Jet direct network card, can also cause this error.
- Weak Wi-Fi connection.
Find the cause of the error and then use our detailed guide to resolve the error.
Troubleshooting the HP printer Error Code 49.4 c02
Here are the steps to fix the 49.4 c02 service error on HP printers:
1. Restart the Printer
The first solution is to turn off the printer and then turn it back on. This can help to clear any temporary issues that might be causing the error.
Here’s how to restart your printer to resolve the 49.4 c02 error;
- Turn off the HP printer.
- Wait for about 30 seconds.
- Finally, turn on the printer and try printing again.
2. Clear Print Jobs
If there are any incomplete print jobs in the print queue, they could be causing the error.
Below are the steps to clear the print job;
- Right-click on the printer icon present at the bottom right corner of the computer.
- The ‘Printer queue’ will open. Select the ‘Cancel all jobs’
- If the printer doesn’t respond, turn it off and unplug it from the power source.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Plug your HP printer back in and turn it on.
- Try printing again.
3. Update Firmware
Updating the firmware is another solution that can help to fix the 49.4 c02 issue on HP printer. Firmware updates can fix bugs and improve the performance of the printer.
Following are the steps to update the firmware;
- Visit the HP support website and download the latest firmware for your printer.
- Follow the instructions to install the firmware update.
- Once the firmware update is complete, turn off the printer and turn it back on.
- Try printing again.
4. Remove and Reseat Components
Sometimes, the 49.4 c02 error can occur due to loose or faulty printer components. Removing and reseating the components can help to fix the problem.
Here’s how to remove and reseat the HP components:
- Turn off your printer and unplug it from the power source.
- Remove any accessories or additional memory from the printer.
- Remove the formatter board and the JetDirect card from the printer.
- Reseat the formatter board and the JetDirect card.
- Reconnect any accessories or additional memory.
- Plug the HP printer back in and turn it on.
- Try printing again.
5. Use a Different Driver
Follow these steps to use a different driver to fix the error 49.4 c02;
- Visit the HP support website and download the latest driver for your printer.
- Uninstall the current driver from your computer.
- Install the new driver by following the on-screen instructions.
- Try printing a test page to see if the error persists.
6. Reset the Printer
Here’s how to reset the printer;
- Turn off the printer.
- Press and hold the “Go”
- Turn on your printer.
- Go to the printer’s control panel and select ‘Restore Defaults’.
This will erase all the settings and configurations and restore the printer to its factory settings.
7. Update or Reinstall Printer Drivers
Follow the steps below to update/ reinstall the printer drivers:
- Open the Device Manager on your computer.
- Locate the printer drivers in the list of devices.
- Right-click on the printer driver and select “Update driver” or “Uninstall device”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update or uninstall the driver depending on the option you selected.
- After the driver has been updated or uninstalled, restart your computer.
- Download and install the latest printer drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
- Once the drivers are installed, try printing a test page to see if the error is resolved.
8. Disable Advanced Printing Features
Follow these steps to disable the advanced printing features;
- Right-click on the printer icon in the bottom right corner of your computer.
- Select the ‘Printer queue’.
- Next, choose ‘Printer’ and then ‘Printing Preferences’ from the top menu.
- Now choose the ‘Advanced’ tab and go to the ‘Documents options’
- Open the ‘Advance Printing Features’ and hit the ‘Disable’
Move to the next step if the error 49.4 c02 persists.
9. Print the PDF as an Image
PDF files have different fonts that can mess up your printer’s memory and cause the 49.4 c02 error on HP printer. Therefore, you should print your pdf as an image to avoid the error.
Here’s how to print PDF as an image;
- First, clear the print queue and then restart the HP printer.
- Next, open the pdf you wish to print.
- Hold the Windows and P keys together.
- A ‘Print’ window will open. Click on the ‘Advanced’
- Now choose the ‘Print as image’ checkbox, and hit ‘Ok’.
10. Use PCL6 Driver
PCL6, PCL5, and PCL5e are the scripting languages used in printer drivers. Some users say that the PCL6 drivers fixed the error.
Here’s how to download the PCL6 driver;
- Go to the HP drivers support website.
- Now enter your printer’s model name and select the operating system.
- Next, locate the ‘Driver-Universal Printer Driver’ category in the result, and search for ‘HP Universal Print Driver for Windows PCL6’.
- Select the ‘Download’ option next to the PCL6 driver.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download it and see if the error has been resolved.
What causes the 49.4 c02 service error?
The 49.4 c02 service error can be caused by various factors, including corrupt print jobs, corrupted printer drivers, outdated firmware, or hardware issues.
How do I clear the print queue?
Here’s how to clear the print queue;
- Open the Control Panel and go to “Devices and Printers”.
- Find your printer and right-click on it.
- Select “See what’s printing,” and a new window will open.
- From there, click on “Printer” in the top menu and select “Cancel all documents”.
How do I update my printer drivers?
Follow these steps to update your printer drivers;
- Open the Device Manager on your computer and locate the printer drivers in the list of devices.
- Right-click on the printer driver and select “Update driver”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update the driver.
What should I do if the error 49.4 c02 persists after trying all the above steps?
If the error code 49.4 c02 persists after trying all the above steps, contact HP customer support for assistance.
How do I know if my printer’s firmware is up to date?
You can check your printer’s firmware version by printing a configuration page. This will show you the current firmware version installed on your printer. To print the configuration page, go to the printer’s control panel, select “Reports,” and then select “Configuration Report.”
Can a faulty network connection cause the 49.4 c02 error?
Yes, a faulty network connection can cause the error code 49.4 c02 on HP printer. Try disconnecting the printer from the network and see if the error persists.
Anyone with the proper steps can resolve the 49.4 c02 service error. Clearing the print queue, resetting the printer, updating or reinstalling the printer drivers, and checking for firmware updates are all potential solutions. If the error persists, it may be due to a hardware issue, and professional assistance may be needed.