What is a WPS Pin on a Printer?
WPS pin for printer is a kind of unique code consisting of eight digits and allowing the connection between two or more devices. This code is also present on the HP printers for establishing a connection between your computer and your printer and enables a person to print their document without the use of USB or wire connections.
The Wi-Fi Protected Setup – WPS – allows people who have compatible printers to connect without entering the password. So, instead of wasting time on complicated Wi-Fi passwords, you can simply rely on a few digits. All you’ll have to do is enter the WPS pin for HP printer into the Wi-Fi router settings. It’s also found in the instruction manual with older versions of your HP printer.
Where to Find WPS Pin on HP Printer?
If you’re wondering where to find wps pin on hp printer? Then look no further than the Printer LED screen to find your WPS pin when connecting your wireless printer. For printers with LED screens, such as the HP LaserJet pro, or HP Envy 4520, it will be displayed on the printer.
However, this is for the latest models of HP printers. For printers such as the Deskjet 3700 series, or the Deskjet 2600 series, you will not have an LED screen. For such printers, you will have to press the button located on the printer itself.
Types of WPS Connections for HP Printer
When you’re looking at HP printers, you’ll find that there are two types of printers as mentioned above – the LED printers and the ones without LED screens. So how do you generate WPS pin code for each one? Well, here are the two methods:
- WPS push button: this is for printers without LED screens.
- WPS pin code: this is for printers with LED screens on top.
Connect your HP Printer with WPS Pin
If your printer has an LED screen, here’s how to connect your HP printer with the WPS pin
- Open the HP printer’s control panel.
- Once you press the wireless button, you will have to go to the ‘settings’ option.
- Click on Network Setup.
- Select Wireless Settings.
- Press the WIFI Protected Setup section and follow the instructions visible on the screen.
- Now, tap on the PIN you’ll be prompted to.
- Check the LED screen; you will see the WPS pin for HP printer displayed there.
- Now you’ll have to gain access to either the wireless access point/router, or the configuration utility.
- Once the setup is completed, go to “all programs” and open HP folder of printer.
- Now, go to the option named “Printer Setup and software,” and choose “connect new printer.”
- You can now easily install the Network Printer Driver.
- The WPS pin for HP printer will now be available on the printer LED screen.
Connect your HP Printer with Push Button
Now that you know how to find a WPS pin in HP printer, it’s time to look at a different way to connect your device – with a push button. This is available for both printers with and without LED screens.
If your printer doesn’t have an LED screen, here’s how to connect your HP printer with the WPS push button.
- Turn your printer on.
- Press and hold the Wireless and Cancel buttons from the Display panel on your printer.
- You will notice that the power button will start blinking.
- After a few seconds, the power button light stops blinking, and then the wireless light starts blinking.
- It indicates that your printer is ready to setup.
- Install your HP Printer Smart App.
- Click on the Plus icon from the app’s top bar.
- Select Add a Printer.
- Click on the available wireless printer.
- Enter your WIFI password.
- Click on Continue.
- After some minutes, a confirmation message will appear on your screen “Printer Connected to WIFI“.
- Click on Continue.
- Now you can start using your printer from the HP Smart App.
If your printer has an LED screen, here’s how to connect your HP printer with the WPS push button.
- Turn your printer on.
- Go to the control panel of the printer and press the wireless button.
- The button will begin to blink blue.
- Select Settings icon.
- On your printer screen find the “WiFi protected setup” option and select it.
- Now, press the push button and click on start.
- Next go to your Router and find the WPS button.
- For 3-4 seconds, hold the WPS button until the light starts to blink.
- In about 2-3 minutes, you will notice that the lights on the printer and router will stop blinking.
- On the screen, you will get a notification saying “connection successful.”
- After this install the printer smart app software on your mobile/laptop and start printing.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Where is the WPS Pin located on my HP printer?
Here are the steps to find the WPS pin on HP printer.
- Turn your HP printer on.
- On the control panel, press the settings option.
- Click on Network Setup and select Wireless settings.
- Press Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Follow the instructions mentioned on the screen.
- Click on the option named WPS pin.
- An 8-digit pin code will appear on your HP printer screen.
How to Find WPS Pin on HP Printer?
Here’s how to locate the WPS pin on HP printer.
- On the HP control screen, press the wireless button.
- Now, go to the “Settings” icon and tap on WiFi protected setup.
- The HP printer screen will provide you with the prompts to follow.
- Select the option named “WPS pin.”
- The 8-digit pin code will be generated.
What is the WPS pin code?
The WPS pin code is an eight-digit code generally for the establishment of the connection between two devices. Nowadays this technology allows us to print remotely too.
The WPS button allows connection between two devices remotely without using any wire. This button is present on almost every wireless device.
Yes, the WPS button is present on almost every router.
How many numbers are in WPS pin?
The WPS pin code is an eight digit unique number
Just go to the WIFI settings. There you’ll find the WPS option. You can turn the WPS on or off from that place by WPS pin or the WPS push method.
Is WPS secure?
Yes, the WPS technology is much better than the WPA or other technologies from the security point of view.
- How to Disable HP Cartridge Protection
- How to Reset HP 61 Ink Cartridge
- How to Bypass HP Instant Ink
- How to Find My HP Printer WIFI Password
- How to Connect HP Deskjet 2652 to WIFI
- Where to Find WPS Pin for HP Envy 4520
The WPS pin for HP printer is a safe way to allow devices to communicate without the concerns of hacking. Using the push button also offers a reliable method to communicate between your device and your printer.