Undeniably, Canon printers have become popular over time due to their exceptional features and extraordinary performance in the printing industry. In addition, these printers have made printing jobs relatively more manageable than before. Besides, users worldwide admire Canon printers for their high-tech yet flexible working.
If you possess both the iPad Air and Canon printer, and you wish to get your documents printed out using your iPad air connected with your printer, you must have a printer supporting AirPrint. Although you can see that many printers are available in the market that promotes Airprint, as mentioned earlier, people know Canon printers for their flexibility, which means they support AirPrint in a way, unlike others!
This article will learn how you can connect your iPad Air with your Canon printer wirelessly and get your documents/images printed out quickly without having to go through any difficulty. So, let’s get started!
What do I need to connect iPad to canon printer wirelessly?
Before moving onto the procedure of connecting your iPad Air to your Canon printer, you must know if your Canon printer is AirPrint compatible or not. Some of you might know what is AirPrint, while the rest may wish to learn about it. Well, the AirPrint is a fantastic technology introduced by Apple a long time back so that you can have your documents, images, or anything, using the AirPrint compatible printers, given that the two devices possess a WLAN connection.
The wireless LAN connection allows you to print the documents directly from your mail box or icloud photos/pdfs without downloading any of these. Apple users have been using the great AirPrint feature for a long time, and no complaints have been reported; instead, the users admire the part a lot!
How to connect canon printer to iPad
The process of connecting your iPad to a Canon printer via a wireless connection is straightforward. However, please make sure that you follow the steps mentioned below carefully and sequentially to avoid any interruption;
- First and foremost, you have to tap on the App Store icon on your iPad or any other IOS device.
- Please type in ‘Canon print in the search bar,’ you will see the Canon printer’s app showing up.
- Next, you have to touch on the download symbol and wait for a while until the app gets installed on your device.
- When you have successfully installed the app, please move onto setting up your Canon printer.
- Setting up your printer involves the basics; you must make sure that you switch on the main power plug and turn on the printer. Then, the green light of the power button on your printer confirms the functional printer.
- Next, you have to look for the blue wi-fi light on your printer. Usually, the blue wi-fi light should flash. However, if it is stable, you have to press and hold the wi-fi button until you see the blue light flashing twice. Then you can let go of the wi-fi button.
- Next, you have to move back to your device and open the Canon print app. You will see a list of instructions to follow on your screen.
- When you open the Canon print app, you will see the ‘Canon printer’ icon that you need to touch, and next, you have to touch the ‘register printer’ option.
- Next, you have to touch the ‘printer setup.’
- Next, you will see the ‘connect via wireless router’ option on your screen; please tap on it to select.
- You will see another screen popping up on your device, which says to connect your device Wi-Fi to Canon_ij_network.
- To connect your IOS device Wi-Fi to Canon’s network, please open the general settings on your device, and tap on the ‘WiFi’ option. You will see a list of different wifi networks available. First, however, you have to select the ‘Canon_ij_network.’
- Would you please move back to the Canon print app and tap on ‘ok’ to continue?
- Next, you need to select to wireless network name that you wish to use.
- Please type in the password for your wireless network, and touch ‘ok.’
- You will see a message that says that your printer has received the Network settings sent in by your IOS device. Please make sure that you tap ‘ok.’
- You have to be a little patient and wait while your printer is being detected. Then, when you see your printer’s name, please tap on it.
- If you have followed all the steps mentioned above correctly, you will see that your Canon printer and iPad Air will build a connection.
- How to Connect Canon Printer to WIFI
- How to Connect Canon Mg3022 Printer to WIFI
- How to Connect Canon Ts3122 Printer to Wifi
- How to Connect Canon Mg2922 Printer to WIFI
- How to Connect Canon Mg2522 Printer to WIFI
- How to Connect Canon Mg3620 Printer to WIFI
- How to Install Canon Printer on Mac
Canon printers have made sure that they provide the maximum facilities to their users as much as they can. Different printers might allow you to have the iPad connected to them, but the process won’t be smooth, we assume. However, Canon printers are always there for the rescue.
In this article, we have tried our best to provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to connect your iPad Air to the Canon printer wirelessly within no time. Hopefully, it will prove helpful!