Canon printers remain the first choice of several people to buy the latest and updated printers. They have been providing people with excellent service and fantastic performance without any major bugs. However, technology tends to mess up at any time. Therefore, you should be ready to tackle any inconvenient situation.
Though Canon printers make sure that users do not have to face any difficulty or error while performing printing activities, they might reduce their audience, but you never know! Do you know that the new wireless Canon TS3122 printer can connect to Wi-Fi, either on Mac or Windows 10? Well, now you know! This article will guide you on how you can connect your Canon TS3122 printer to Wi-Fi, be it on Mac or Windows 10.
So, without any further delay, let’s get started!
Types of Wi-Fi connection
There are two types of Wi-Fi connections when it comes to connecting your Canon TW3122 printer to WiFi on Windows or Mac. One is ‘Easy wireless setup,’ also called ‘Direct setup.’ While the other is the ‘WPS button,’ also called as ‘Wi-Fi protected setup.’
How to connect canon ts3122 to WIFI (Direct Setup)
Here we will guide you on how to connect your Canon TS3122 printer to Wi-Fi using the Direct method on both Windows and Mac. Besides, later in the guide, you will also learn how to perform the WPS button connection.
The easy wireless connection method is an alternate method to the WPS button method if your router does not possess the WPS button. Either you are trying to connect your Canon TS3122 printer to Wi-Fi on Mac or Windows 10, you can try this easy wireless setup to get your task done.
Please make sure you follow the steps as under correctly;
- First and foremost, turn on your Canon TS3122 printer and see if the green light blinks.
- When you see the green light blinking, please press the ‘stop’ button on the printer.
- When you see the green flashing light becomes stable, you have to press the ‘direct’ button on your printer and make sure you hold it for 2-3 seconds.
- There is a tiny digital screen on your printer; keep observing it and see when a wireless icon starts appearing/blinking.
- Here you will leave your printer for a while. Now, you need to move to your computer having Windows 10 and download Canon TS3122 drivers from the official Canon’s website.
- Besides, if you have any confusion regarding downloading the Canon TS3122 drivers, you can use the CD that usually comes with the printer purchase. It will guide you on how to perform the download and installation of drivers in the correct way.
- Next, you need to click on the ‘setup’ option. Afterward, you have to insert the name of your product.
- Also, since you have recently installed the Canon TS3122 drivers on your PC, make sure that you select your device as well, on which you are using the drivers for the first time, which is ‘Windows PC.’
- Next, you need to click on the ‘connect the printer to Windows PC’ option. Otherwise, you cannot get your task done!
- You will see another window appearing in front of you, where you will have to click on ‘download.’
- Downloading these Canon printer drivers usually takes a little time, but once you have downloaded these, please make sure that you click on ‘run.’
- Next, you need to look for the downloaded file on your computer and open it to move forward with the process.
- Next, you have to click on the ‘start setup’ option and wait until the setup occurs. It might consume a few minutes but not much longer.
- Once the setup finishes, you need to look for your country/residence, select it, and press ‘next.’
- Another screen will pop up in front of you, telling you all the terms and conditions of the software you just downloaded. Please read these carefully and then click on ‘agree’ to continue.
- Soon, another window will pop up on your screen displaying wireless software; here, you have to click on ‘yes,’ to establish a wireless connection.
- You will see another page on your screen asking to select the Wi-Fi network. Here you will have to look for your Wi-Fi device.
- Next, the process requires you to insert your Wi-Fi password.
- Once you have inserted your Wi-Fi password, make sure you select ‘next.’
- Now you will see the installation of Canon TS3122 on your computer with Wi-Fi settings.
Let us mention here that the initial 7-8 steps are more or less the same as mentioned above for Windows when you try to connect your printer to Wi-Fi on Mac.
- While you continue installing the Canon drivers on Mac, you will come across several warning messages. Please ignore these! And make sure you click on ‘agree and download.’
- Next, you need to move to the downloaded file and open it on your Mac to start the process.
- Next, you have to click on ‘open’ so that the installation process begins.
- You will also need to insert your printer’s password.
- Please make sure that you click on ‘start helper.’ Please wait for a while!
- You will see a screen popping up in front of you displaying the terms and conditions and please click on ‘agree’ here to continue.
- Next, you have to look for your wireless connection and insert your password.
- Finally, you need to click on ‘next’ and wait for the process to finish.
- Once your Mac has completed the setup, the printer will check for the hidden issues itself and manage them.
- Connecting your TS3122 printer via the WPS button is easy and quick to perform. Firstly, please make sure that you turn on your printer.
- Next, you will see the green light flashing on your printer and press the ‘stop’ button on it.
- When you see the green light has become stable, please press the ‘network’ button on your printer.
- You will see a wireless icon on your printer’s digital screen.
- Next, you have to go to your router and press the WPS button on it.
- Please keep on holding the WPS button for 3-5 seconds.
- You should see the WPS button starts flashing light.
- This process takes about a few minutes to get your Canon TS3122 printer connected to Wi-Fi.
- Please make sure that you see the wireless icon on the printer’s screen, and it confirms the connection to Wi-Fi.
- The rest of the steps about downloading and installing the Canon TS3122 drivers are the same, as mentioned earlier in the article.
- How to Connect Canon Printer to WIFI
- How to Connect Canon Mg3022 Printer to WIFI
- How to Connect Canon Mg2922 Printer to WIFI
- How to Connect Canon Mg2522 Printer to WIFI
- How to Connect iPad to Canon Printer Wirelessly
- How to Connect Canon Mg3620 Printer to WIFI
The latest Canon TS3122 printers come with an additional feature of Wi-Fi connection. However, many of you are not aware of how to perform the process. Besides, the process of connecting your Canon printer to Wi-Fi on Windows or Mac is relatively easy. In this article, we have tried our best to simplify the process for you. We hope it will prove helpful!