People who admire perfect prints often opt for canon printers. Even though many brands are available in the market, people usually choose canon printers because of their high-quality prints. However, to use these printers, you have to go through the setup process.
If you use a cannon printer and your device is not connected to the Wi-Fi, don’t worry because we have you covered.
Canon printer wireless setup establishes a wireless connection between a user’s computer and the Canon printer. If a wireless connection is established, the device will be able to print from any location. If you have a file on your device that needs to be printed, simply choose it and print it. Here, we will help you to understand how you can connect a cannon printer to Wi-Fi.
Canon printer and its Wi-Fi setups
Essentially, there are two methods through which you can establish your canon wireless printer setup. These two methods are called the Wi-Fi Protected setup (WPS) and the standard connection setup.
Any of these ways can be used to connect to a Canon printer when a user is looking for a Canon printer configuration. Before going any further, please make sure that connecting the cannon printer to Wi-Fi is possible.
Using the WPS method
Window and Mac users often use this method. The WPS method is only possible if there is a push-button available on your wireless router. If this button is not available, use the standard method to connect the canon printer to Wi-Fi. To go ahead with this process, go to wireless connections settings on your computer and select WEP security. This is how to connect canon printer to Wi-Fi:
- Switch on your canon printer
- Now press the “stop” button on your printer (Note: only do this if the green light is blinking).
- Press the “Network” button on your printer once the green light has stopped blinking. You will now see a wireless icon blinking.
- For about 5 seconds, press the WPS button on your router. You will now see the WPS light blinking on your router.
Note: The canon printer will connect to the Wi-Fi in about 2 minutes.
- You will now see the wireless icon with signals on your device. If you do not see these signals, this means that your device is not connected to the internet.
- Go to the Canon website and download and install the appropriate driver for your device.
- Select where you live and click “next”
- It will now ask you to select a firewall. Choose ‘deactivate the block’.
- Now press “yes” when you see the ‘check connection method’. The driver will now be installed.
- Lastly, align your printer page and you are ready to print!
Using the standard method
This method is often used by users who do not have a WPS button on their router. This is how to connect canon printer to Wi-Fi using the standard method:
- Connect your printer to your computer.
- Load some papers into the input tray.
- Press and hold the “cancel” button for about 30 seconds.
- Check if your connection status is correct. Check the network name as well.
Before moving forward
- For setup, make sure the printer is turned on and correctly connected. An Ethernet cable is required for wired connections.
- See if all the required drivers are installed. If not, then be sure to install them.
- Check the speed of your internet and keep your device connected to the internet throughout the process.
- If the router is available, connect the printer and computer to the router.
Setting up canon printer on Mac OS
- First of all, you need to choose system preferences and select printers and scanners.
- Click on the “+” to select your printer and add it to the list
- If you have a router available, connect both, the printer and your Mac device to the same internet connection.
- Take out a test print to make sure that the job is done.
Setting up canon printer on window OS
- Click “start”.
- Now click “settings”.
- You will now see a tab named “devices”. Click on this.
- Click on “printers and scanners”.
- Now add your printer to the list.
- Be sure to connect your printer and your computer to the same internet connection.
Follow the instructions above to finish the setup on your device. When the setup is complete, you’ll be able to use your printer immediately. Finally, the Canon wireless printer setup is complete, and the printer can be used to print from Windows.
Note: Canon printers don’t always connect to the internet via Wi-Fi. It’s caused by a mismatched port or a firewall upgrade. If you are unable to connect, please contact Canon Printer Support to get the technical issue resolved as soon as possible.
- Run the application ‘Canon IJ Network Device Setup Utilities’ on your device after installing it.
- Turn on the printer and connect it to your computer.
- Select USB as the connecting method and continue the process.
- Select IPv4 as your new connection.
- Enter the serial number which is also your password.
- Choose a Wi-Fi network, input the password for that network, and complete the connecting process.
- Disconnect the USB cable and add the printer via the Control Panel’s Add a device option.
- Your printer is up and running.
- How to Connect Canon Mg3022 Printer to WIFI
- How to Connect Canon Ts3122 Printer to Wifi
- How to Connect Canon Mg2922 Printer to WIFI
- How to Connect Canon Mg2522 Printer to WIFI
- How to Connect iPad to Canon Printer Wirelessly
- How to Connect Canon Mg3620 Printer to WIFI
Connecting printers to wifi can be a menace sometimes. With the help of step by step instructions provided by us, you can now easily connect your canon printer to Wi-Fi, that too free of any hassle.