Why do you need to learn to build a wireless connection?
The question arises that if the printer can be connected with wires, why do we need the wireless connection and why is it hard to build a wireless connection.
To sum it up; arranging electric sockets or long wires can be problematic. In offices or even in our houses, we don’t have sockets in every corner. Secondly, the wires of printers are very short in length so that could also be a problem. Other than that, switching devices every now and then is an unrecommended practice so mostly we have to assign a device permanently to the printer.
Now, for every Operating system, the steps to build the connection are different. And also, there are multiple ways to do so for your convenience. In order to learn the method that suits your Operating system and device, we have gathered all the methods in this article so you can opt for one according to your need.
Connect canon Mg3620 to wifi using control panel
Here’s how to connect the Canon MG3620 to wi-fi using the control panel.
- Turn on the printer.
- Press the ‘Color’ button. After that, press the WIFI button.
- Wait till the wifi is turned on. The light next to the wifi button will start glowing when it is on.
- Then install the printer’s drivers and software on your computer to set up the wireless connection.
- Then initiate the setting up process by inserting CD in the CD drive. It will start the setup program.
- Inserting the disk will automatically begin the setup process.
- After the setup is successfully installed, a confirmation message will appear on the screen.
- To exit, click on the ‘close’ button.
Setting up wireless connection
Here are the steps to complete MG3620 wireless setup.
- Check for the Wifi light on the printer, if it is on, turns it off by pressing the ‘STOP’ button[B]. Wait for the printer to finish the job if it is already printing, cleaning, aligning, or performing any other activity.
- Press and hold the WIFI button to turn it ON and wait for the ON light to flash.
- Press the COLOR button and after that the WIFI button. Ensure that the WIFI ON light is flashing.
- To set up a wireless connection, install the drivers and required software to complete the setup.
- Insert the driver’s disk into the CD drive on your system. Once the disk is inserted, the setup program will automatically initiate. In case it does not, go to the CD-ROM folder and run the
- Once the installation initiates, the Windows User Account Control or the install antivirus software can ask for confirmation or scanning. Allow installation.
- Then click on the ‘Start Setup’ button appearing on the first screen.
- Then follow the instruction appearing on the screen. Choose your country, check license agreement, etc.
- After you reach the ‘Select Connection Method’ page, select ‘Wireless LAN Connection’ and then select ‘Next’.
- Then select the ‘Connect vis wireless router (recommended)’ radio button on the next screen and then click on ‘Next’.
- A confirmation message will appear on the screen in the form of commands. Make sure your Canon device is selected in all of them. Check the back of your printer to verify the serial number.
- On the next screen, you will see a ‘Software Installation List’. Select the optional software of your choice and press Next.
- Then you will see a message of successful installation on your screen. Click Exit to finish the setup.
Canon Mg3620 wireless setup on windows 10
Here are the steps to complete Canon MG3620 wireless setup on Windows 10.
- Open the Canon’s official website.
- On their website, type the model number of your printer to search for the suitable drivers and software on your device.
- Select the OS you’re using, which is Windows 10 in this case.
- Then download the printer drivers and software on your system.
- Once the download is complete, a confirmation pop-up will appear on your screen.
- Click the file that you have just downloaded and initiate the set up process. Install drivers and software by carefully following the steps showing on the screen.
Canon Pixma Mg3620 WIFI setup on Mac
Here’s how to complete the Canon MG3620 wi-fi setup on Mac.
- Open the official website of Canon.
- Search for the drivers of your printer by adding the printer’s model number.
- Then select MAC as an Operating system.
- Download the drivers and install them by following the instruction appearing on the screen.
- Once the drivers are installed, you will see a confirmation message on your screen.
Canon Mg3620 connect to Wi-Fi using WPS Push Button
Here are the steps to connect Canon Mg3620 to Wi-Fi using WPS Push button.
- Press the Wi-Fi button to start it and wait for the light to flash.
- After that, press the Start button (black button) and then press the Wi-Fi button
- Make sure that the Wi-Fi light flashes fast and the light indicating ON status is also lit.
- When the Wi-Fi light is flashing continuously, approach your wireless router. On your router, press and hold the WPS push button for at least two minutes.
- This will build the connection and the wifi and ON lights will be lit as an indication of a successful pairing.
Connect canon Mg3620 to WIFI using WPS PIN Code
Here are the steps to connect Canon MG3620 to wi-fi using WPS pin.
- Press and hold the wifi button on your printer until the ON light flashes.
- Then, in order to print the information regarding the wireless connection setup including the PIN Code, Press the wifi button.
- Then press the Stop button and hold it until the alarm light flashes for 16 times.
- Set the WPS pin code from the printer network configuration page to the wireless router.
- Make sure that the Wi-Fi light on the printer is lit.
- How to Connect Canon Printer to WIFI
- How to Connect Canon Mg3022 Printer to WIFI
- How to Connect Canon Ts3122 Printer to Wifi
- How to Connect Canon Mg2922 Printer to WIFI
- How to Connect Canon Mg2522 Printer to WIFI
- How to Connect iPad to Canon Printer Wirelessly
- How to Install Canon Printer on Mac
- How to connect Canon Pixma MX492 printer to WIFI
This article addresses every possible way to build a wireless connection with Canon mg3620 printer, according to your device. We hope that it solves your query and help you build a smooth connection in no time.