The printer manufacturing companies run in the race to cope up with new technologies and advancements but only a few are delivering good quality. Brother Printers is a very famous and reliable name in the printer manufacturing industry for many years.
Brother printers are known for having a reasonable price range and fulfilling the value of money through the durability and performance of their products. Their friendly and responsive customer service has earned them a large number of happy customers. They have maintained good quality standards; for their products are durable and compatible with almost all devices.
How to connect brother printer to WIFI
Since technological advancements are all about making everything easier than ever, the new versions of printers allow you to connect the printers to your devices, such as a personal computer or even an android device, via a Wi-Fi access point.
That saves you from the hurdle of attaching your systems with a printer through a cable. You can connect the devices via Wi-Fi and take prints anytime without extra effort.
This is un-doubtfully a very needed and well-received upgrade. But connecting the devices with the printer via Wi-Fi is a little technical. You need to follow some simple yet technical steps to build the connection and only then you will be able to eliminate the need for wires. To do that, follow the procedure mentioned below.
Configuring the printer
Before you start connecting both devices, you have to ensure that the Wi-Fi settings of the printer are configured to communicate with the Wi-Fi access point or router. This configuration will allow the devices to access the printer. To do so, you can follow the following steps:
Reset the Wi-Fi settings of the printer before starting if you are doubtful of its status of the Wi-Fi connection.
- Make sure that the printer is turned off
- Hold the ‘feed’ button and press the power button three times.
- Then release the ‘feed’ button and you will see the Power indictor beam flashing (orange colored light).
- Again press the ‘feed’ button one time and you’re done.
Now, to connect the printer to the Wi-Fi, follow the below listed steps:
- Note down the SSID (network name) and password (network key) of your Wi-Fi access point.
- Connect your device with the printer, with the help of the cable for now.
- Press and turn on the Wi-Fi button on the printer, the indicator button on the printer will flash a blue light once every three seconds.
- Then you have to configure the infrastructure mode settings of the printer. Steps for that vary on the basis of the device you’re using. Here is the method to do so for mac and windows:
There is a Wireless Device Setup Wizard in the printer’s driver’s package. Find that and start it. Then follow the instructions appearing on the screen.
In case the driver package is not already downloaded to your device, you can get it from the “Downloads” page. After downloading, double click on the file and you will find the Wireless Device Setup Wizard in the “Utilities” folder.
If you’re a Windows user, start with the Printer Setting Tool.
- Click on the “Communication Settings”.
- In the “General” tab, select “Wireless LAN” as “Selected Interface”.
- And then, in the “Wireless LAN” tab, “click on “Infrastructure” as “Communication Mode” in “Wireless Settings”.
- After doing that, enter the SSID of the network that you saved before.
- Enter the pass word as “Passphrase”.
- Click on “Apply”.
Once the Wi-Fi and printer have built connection, the Wi-Fi indicator flash light on the printer will turn blue. Now, all the devices connected to that Wi-Fi network will have access to printer.
To connect the device with Wi-Fi, you need to click on the name of your network in your device’s Wi-Fi settings. Then enter the password and connect with the Wi-Fi.
Connection through WIFI direct
In most advanced and upcoming models of Brother Printers, there is an option to connect your device with the printer via Wi-Fi direct, eliminating the need for network connection through the router or other Wi-Fi access point.
How to set up Brother printer – WIFI direct
In order to set up your Brother’s printer, follow the below given steps:
- With the help of “UP & DOWN” keys:
- Select “Network” and Press OK.
- Select “Wi-Fi Direct” and Press OK.
- Select “Group Owner” and Press OK.
- Select “ON” and Press OK.
- Select “Manual” and Press OK.
- A pop-up with the message “Wi-Fi Direct On?” will appear on the screen. To confirm, press the DOWN key.
- Now the SSID name and password will be displayed on the screen. Note down that as that will be needed in the next steps.
Setting up Android mobile device
- Click on the Setting icon
- Select Connections > Wi-Fi. Turn the Wi-Fi ON to proceed.
- Search for the SSID name displayed on your printer’s screen. After you find it, enter the password and connect to it.
- Download the app called Brother iPrint&Scan from the play store.
Setting up iPhone
- Turn the Wi-Fi on and search for the SSID name of the printer, just like we did in android.
- If the check mark appears, the devices are connected. If not, check for typos in the password or verify if you are connecting to the right SSID network.
- From the App Store, you can download the Brothers iPrint&Scan app for iOS devices, such as iPhone, iPad, iPod.
This method doesn’t require a Wi-Fi access point or router, so it is considered more efficient and easy. But it is only available in advanced versions.
In order to maintain the quality of text and everything on the document, it is advised to keep the printer closer to the Wi-Fi access point. Keep the obstacles between them as minimal as possible. If there are more obstacles like walls and solid objects, in between these two, there are chances of lower data transfer speed or compromised print quality.
- How to Fix Brother Printer Offline Windows 10?
- What Is the Brother Printer Default Password?
- How to Reset Brother Toner
- How to Fix Brother Printer in Error State
While buying a printer, the latest technology and ease of use are the most important factors to consider. However, the functionalities and features keep upgrading with time and every latest model includes new and innovative features.
Connecting the printer with Wi-Fi will save effort and time as well. Once both devices are connected, all the PCs and cell phones connected with the Wi-Fi network will have access to the printer with just one click.