Can You Connect AirPods to PS4/PS5?
It’s certainly possible to connect AirPods to PS4/PS5 – however, you need to know exactly how to do so. Before we get started, let’s take a look at why the option for Bluetooth audio is not available for PlayStation. You’ll notice that, if you select Bluetooth audio on your console, you’ll certainly find your AirPods. However, when you try to connect it, you’ll be welcomed by an error.
Why does this happen?
Well, there are many reasons for it. One of the problems with home consoles is that they usually have signal interference with other Bluetooth devices, which can significantly alter your gaming experience. Audio lags can truly test your patience, especially when you’re focused on the game.
Furthermore, and this is the main problem, Bluetooth devices communicate better with the same profile. The difference here is that while consoles support HFP and HSP, AirPods have A2DP – Advanced Audio Distribution Profile. In other words, fixing that problem can help you with the connection as well.
How to Connect AirPods to PS4/PS5?
There are essentially three ways to connect your AirPods, and there’s a trick to it; all you have to do is follow the instructions below, and you’ll have access to your AirPods in no time.
Here are the methods to connect AirPods to PS4/PS5:
Method 1: Use a Bluetooth Adaptor
First things first, you’ll need an adaptor to plug into your headphone jack or your PS4/PS5 console. Here’s what you have to do:
- Once you’ve turned on your PS4/PS5, plug in the Bluetooth adaptor and adjust the settings to the pairing mode. Here’s the catch; the pairing mode is often different for each adaptor, and so you would have to read the manual coming with it.
- Next, press the button on your AirPods to ensure it’s on the pairing mode. Once they’re both turned on, they’ll automatically connect and come in sync. If you want to use a microphone as well, your AirPods wouldn’t do the trick; you will have to use a separate microphone. It often comes with an adaptor, and you can attach that to the port between your controller and joysticks.
- Once that’s done, you’re ready for your complete gaming experience. You’ll find a message displayed on the screen. All you’ll have to do now is press ‘confirm‘, and you’ll be ready to go!
Also Read: How to fix PS4 no sound issue
Method 2: Use the Right App
If you don’t want to go through the hassle of purchasing an adaptor, here’s what you can do; download remote play for your console. This is an app that will help you stream your game on your smartphone. So, instead of sitting in one position all day, you can lounge out according to your convenience and play on your phone.
Remote play significantly increases your gameplay, allows you the flexibility to play however you want, and, best of all, you can easily connect your AirPods to PS4. It’s a whole new experience, and you can play your games through either PS controllers or onscreen controls – whichever you think is easier. However, there’s a trick to it. In order to make sure you are able to make it work, here is what you’ve got to do:
- Open the App Store or Play store and search for remote play (Android/iOS). It will probably be amongst the top few apps you find. Once you find it, download it onto your phone.
- Now comes the part that most people find tricky; setting up your console. On your Play Station console, simply select the Remote Play Connection Settings. Here, you’ll see the remote play option.
- Open the Remote Play option on your phone, and it’ll begin to connect to your console.
- Pair your AirPods with your smartphone via Bluetooth.
- For the microphone, tap on the ellipsis. This can be found on the bottom right side of your Remote Play app. Now, you wouldn’t have to worry about installing a separate microphone as well. You can simply use your AirPods for your voice chats.
Method 3: Using Your Television
For this method, there’s a requirement; you should have a smart TV. The thing is that smart TVs have inbuilt Bluetooth connectivity, which can work out in your favor. You’re gaining great gameplay, and you wouldn’t have to bother about any disturbance.
All you have to do, though, is ensure that your HDMI cables are compatible with the ports and are properly connected. Next, you can go through the following steps:
- Enable your AirPods to the pairing mode.
- Once it’s on, check your Smart TV for the sound settings. If you have an LG Smart TV, then you’ll find the setting in the sound icon. Click on it and select sound sync.
- Once you’ve pressed the sync button, you’ll find that all of the Bluetooth devices are available. Skim over the list till you find your AirPods and then select pair.
- Next, you select the sound and press the sound output option of Smart TV.
- Select the Bluetooth/sound sync from the options menu. Here, you’ll find Bluetooth devices as an output option. Click on it.
- Immediately, you’ll be taken to a list of Bluetooth devices ready to pair. Search through it till you find your AirPods.
- Select them as the output device.
- Ps5 rest mode issue
- How to reduce ping on PS4
- How much does it cost to repair a ps4
- Why ps4 not turning on
- How to use PlayStation camera on pc
- How to fix the PS5 green screens of death
In a Nutshell
It’s fairly simple, and now, you don’t have to worry about the hassle of getting your headphone wires tangled up during a game. Whichever option you choose, just make sure your AirPods are fully charged, and you can enjoy great sound by connecting your AirPods to PS4/PS5.